‹ Prequel: Lolita Love Story

Shinjuku Princess

Image

I took another bite of ice cream, and pouted as my phone made the camera noise. "Takeshiiiii~ stop taking pictures of me!"

"Then stop posing for them!" he said, laughing as he took another.


Fumiko Kobayashi has the perfect life: she has rich parents, a cute and popular boyfriend who doesn't mind tagging along when she wants to go shopping, a huge circle of friends, and she's the envy of everyone at school. But she's also selfish, fake, and judgmental. One night, after coming home from shopping with her boyfriend, Fumiko's filthy rich parents tell her that because of her disrespectful attitude and lack of appreciation for everything they've given her, they're sending her away to live with her cousins in Seattle, Washington.

Upon moving to America, Fumiko finds that what was popular back in Shinjuku doesn't quite fit in completely with what Americans see as popular. At her new school, she's on the receiving end of judgmental, selfish girls like herself. She doesn't know how to talk to anyone except for her cousins and a weird, ultra-geek exchange student from South Korea. Will Shinjuku's bratty princess learn to appreciate what she has always taken for granted?

Image Image
Image Image

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but... I'm really glad you're my friend, Akane."

Akane laughed, poking my side hard. "I'm not your friend, boke-chan. I'm your cousin."