Sequel: Wanted You More
Status: Being written :)

Next To Me

Ten

Nicole:

Another season has started in Edmonton and Taylor is on another road trip. Although, Beau was given the trade to Edmonton that he wanted and since he is taking a year off due to injury he is in town and able to help out with Mason when Taylor is gone. Taylor played in Columbus last night and they were going to be home in a few days, Mason was excited to see Taylor since they have been gone for a long time. I was watching tv with Mason when I got a phone call. "Hello?" "Hey Nicole." "Hey Ebs what's up?" 'Um, well Taylor isn't gonna be home the same time as the team." I could tell something was wrong just by his voice. "Why? Is everything okay?" "Not exactly." My heart sank. So many bad thoughts were running through my mind. What possibly could have happened that he would have to stay in Columbus?

"Mommy what's wrong?" "Just stay here Mase." I got up and went into the other room to talk to Jordan. "Jordan what happened?" "Taylor got hurt." "When?" "In warmups, it was a freak accident." "Jordan just please tell me what happened." I had tears in my eyes, I was so afraid of what he would say. "He lost an edge and fell into Smid and then Potter tried to avoid them by jumping, but his skate cut Taylor on his forehead." I didn't even know what to say. "Well, how is he? is he okay?" "I could say yes, but your definition of okay could be different from mine. they want to keep him in Columbus for some observations and stuff." "Okay." "Nicole I hate that i have to call and tell you this, but I thought it was better then nothing." "I know Jordan, thank you for calling." "I'm really sorry Nicole. If you need to talk you know you can call me whenever and I will answer, unless I'm on the ice." "I know, thanks for calling."

I hung up the phone started crying. I knew that I needed someone to talk to and there was only one person that came to mind. I packed a bag of some of my clothes and Mason's in case we didn't come back home tonight. "Mason, get tour shoes on." "Where are we going?" "You'll see just get your shoes on bud." I turned off the tv and grabbed my keys. We got out side and I put Mason in the car. I pulled out of the driveway and once we got close Mason knew exactly where we were. He jumped out of the car and ran to the door. I knocked and we waited. "Nicole? Mason?" "Hey." "Dad!" Beau picked up Mason and looked confused. "Hey buddy. Um, what are you guys doing here? I didn't know it was time for me to watch him." "It's not, I just. I really someone to talk to." He could tell something was wrong. "Come on in."

We walked inside and he put Mason. "He buddy, how about you go play in your room for a little bit okay?" "Okay." Mason ran into his room and we sat on the couch. "So what's wrong?" "Taylor isn't coming back on time." "Why?" I tried holding back the tears, but it wasn't working. "He got hurt. He took a skate to the face in warmups, he had to have a bunch of stitches and I'm so worried." "Come here." Beau pulled me in for a hug and all I could do was cry. "It's gonna be okay, Taylor will get through this okay? He is going to be back as soon as he can." "I just wish I could see him and know he was okay." "I know, but trust me. He wants to see you and be with you as much as you want to be with him." I shook my head in agreement and just rested my head on Beau's chest.

We sat there for awhile and eventually Beau made dinner for all three of us. After dinner I could tell Mason was tired so I took him in to go to bed. I came back out into the living room and sat on the couch. Beau sat next to me and handed me a cup of coffee. "Thanks." "No problem. How are you feeling?" "A little better." "Good." It was a bit awkward. Beau and I haven't been in the same room without Mason in a long time. I didn't know what to talk about. I figured we might as well talk about something. "Hey Beau?" "Yeah?" "Why did you leave me? When I told you." "You really want to talk about this now?" I laughed. "As might as well know the truth." "Well. I didn't know how to handle the situation. I realize now I should have never left you, but it's my mistake."

"Even if we weren't together, you still should have been there for him." "Trust me, I felt terrible about leaving, but I didn't know what t do after I left. I thought you would hate me and never let me see him." "I would never keep you form him. I want him to be able to have a relationship with you. And I could never hate you Beau, you will always be his father and I will always love you and have a special place for you in my heart." I held his hand to reassure him of what I was saying. He gave me a sincere smile and then I didn't expect what happened next. He kissed me, why would he kiss me? "Beau why did you just do that?" "I'm sorry, I don't knwo what I was thinking. I shouldn't have done that." "Yeah you shouldn't have." "I'm just gonna go check on Mason." "You go do that." I got up and took my coffee cup into the kitchen.

Beau:

I was shocked by what I just did. I wasn't thinking when I kissed her. I walked int Mason's room and he was sitting on his bed with his head down. "Mase, what's wrong buddy?" He looked up at me and he was crying. "Don't talk to me!" "Mase, it's me dad. What wrong?" I walked toward him and moved away from me. "I said don't talk to me." "What is the matter?" "You kissed mommy. You're not supposed to do that. Taylor is supposed to kiss mommy!" "Buddy, it's okay, it was a mistake." "No it's not. I wanna go home!" He quickly ran past me into the living room. I went after him and Nicole was holding him. "What's the matter Mase?" "Mommy I want to go home." She looked at me confused and I rubbed my neck. "Okay, honey we can go home." He put his shoes on and she grabbed their stuff.

Nicole:

I carried Mason out to the car and Beau followed. I put Mason in the car and he was crying his eyes out. "I want Taylor mommy!" "I want Taylor too honey, I know." I closed his door and Beau was standing by the front of the car. "Nicole, I didn't know Mason saw us. I'm sorry." "Look, maybe you shouldn't have asked to be traded here. We could have avoided this whole situation." He rubbed his neck and I could tell he was upset. I drove us back to our apartment and carried Mason inside. I opened the door and tossed our stuff on the floor. "Nicole?" I heard someone's voice and was a little nervous. I didn't know who would be in my apartment, it freaked me out. "Hello?" I looked and saw Taylor coming down the hall. I couldn't help but smile and cry, I was so happy to see him.

I ran toward him and he picked me up and kissed me. "I'm so happy to see you." I gave him another kiss and then he put me down, that was when I noticed the black eye and nasty scar he had. "Taylor. Oh my gosh." I gently touched my hand to his scar and he turned away. "I know, it's bad. That's what I get for not wearing a helmet. And don't worry, my mom already ripped me a new one about it." We both laughed and Mason came running over. "Taylor!" "Hey buddy." Mason stared at Taylor because of the black eye and scar. "It's okay Mase, Taylor just got a boo-boo." "Mase, I'm fine. Just a cut that's all." Taylor picked Mason up and gave him a hug.

We all went into the living room and watched some tv and hung out. I know I will have to tell Taylor about the situation with Beau. I definitely don't want him finding out from Mason, plus I don't want to hide anything from him in our relationship. I just don't know how he will react when I tell him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update. I know the story has been without drama so this chapter I gave you some. What's gonna happen with Mason and his dad? You will just have to wait and see. Thanks again for reading and supporting this story! It means so much!