Sequel: Wanted You More
Status: Being written :)

Next To Me

Eight

Nicole:

Taylor's NHL season was over since the oilers didn't make the playoffs, but I was happy because that meant Mason and I got to see him more. He had to go to the rink and clean out his locker this morning, but he was coming over after to tell me some news. Mason wanted to go outside and ride his car that he got for his birthday since it was really nice out, so I took him outside. "Okay Mase, be careful. Stay where I can see you and you can see me please." "Okay." He took off down the sidewalk. I grabbed my phone and started taking pictures. He took off on the sidewalk again and Taylor pulled up and parked on the street. "Mase! Taylor is here." I looked and saw him zooming down the sidewalk with a big smile on his face. He stopped the car and ran over to Taylor. "Taylor!" Mason finally learned to say Taylor's name right.

"Mason!" He picked him up and I wheeled his car into the garage. "I can see you like that car." "Yup, I love it! It's so much fun." "Well that's good. Let's go inside bud." I walked up and grabbed Taylor's hand. He turned to look at me. "Hi." He put his hand on my cheek and gave me a kiss. "Hi." I smiled and he smiled back. "Um, I thought we were going inside." We both turned to look at Mason. "Coming Mase." We laughed and I gave him another kiss, then we followed Mason inside. We went upstairs and Mason grabbed the three of us waters from the fridge."Thanks buddy." "Thank you Mason." He smiled and went to watch tv. Taylor and I sat at the counter. "So, what is the news?" "Right. Well, I was thinking about going to the awards on the twenty-second, and then I have to go to the draft the twenty-forth and twenty-fifth." "Yeah?" I took a sip of my water. And Taylor was spinning in his chair, 'Well, I was thinking you could come with me. Get a little vacation." "Really?"

"Yeah. And since there are a few days in between the awards and draft I figured we could go somewhere else." "Where else would we go?" "I was thinking L.A." "L.A?" "Yeah, we could use a vacation. We need to just get out of Edmonton for awhile." "I agree, but what about Mason? i don't want to drag him all over." "Oh right." "He could visit with Beau for awhile. I know they would both love that." "So does that mean we're going? Well I mean I have to go, but does this mean you are going with me?" "Yes, I could use a little vacation." "Yes!" He picked me up and spun me around. "You're excited." "How did you know?" I smiled and then gave him a kiss. "I gotta call Beau." I left the room and Taylor went over to watch tv with Mason.

"Hello?" "Hey, do you want to have Mason for a few days?" "Why is everything okay?" "Everything is fine. Taylor and I are going out of town for the NHL awards and then he has to go to the draft in Minnesota. And I don't want to drag him all over, plus he can't really come to the awards." "I would love to have him. Do you want me to come pick him u from you guys?" "Um, if you want to." "Sure. when do you guys leave?" "I think tomorrow. I know it's last minute, but Taylor just told me a few minutes ago." "It's no problem what time should I pick him up?" "How about I talk to Taylor and I will text you once I know." "Okay sounds good." "Alright, text you in a little bit." "Hey Nicole?" "Yeah?" "Thank you for letting me have a few days with him. It means a lot to me." "No problem Beau. He deserves a few days with his dad."

I went back in the living room after my call with Beau. "So Beau will watch him while we are gone." "Great." "When are we leaving cause Beau is gonna come pick him up here." "I was thinking tomorrow like before noon." "Okay." I texted Beau and he said he would be here tomorrow at ten. "Hey Mason, you are gonna spend a few days with daddy." "Without you and Taylor?" "Yes, without me and Taylor." "Why?" "Cause your mom and I have to go out of town for hockey bud. We won't be gone long." "Okay." "We have to pack tonight since you are gonna stay with daddy." "Where am I going?" "You are going to California." "Okay." We all watched tv for awhile and then Taylor left to go to his apartment so he could pack. While he was gone I packed my suitcase and Mason's.

When Taylor got back I made dinner. Mason really wanted KD since he was going out of town for a few days, so I made it for him. Taylor really liked that for dinner too. After we all changed into clothes to sleep in and watched Mason's favorite movie, Cars. Once the movie was over we all went to sleep since we had to get up early the next day.

~~~~~~

I woke up this morning and Taylor was still sleeping. I decided to let him sleep since he we had a long drive in front of us. I checked Mason's room and he was still sleeping so I made some coffee and went in the living room to watch some tv. After a little while Mason came walking into the living room. "Hey honey." "Hi." He yawned and sat next to me on the couch. "You excited to go with your dad?" "Yeah, but I'm just tired so you can't really tell." I laughed. "Okay. Well he is on his way and he is really excited to see you." "How long until he gets here?" "About twenty minutes." "Should I get Taylor up? You guys are leaving too right?" "Yeah, um. Just tell him Beau is gonna be here soon and he should get ready to go. Tell him I am already dressed." "But you're not?" "I'm gonna go get dressed now silly." "Oh okay." He got up and yawned as he walked into my room to get Taylor up. He came out and had some coffee and talked with Mason while I got dressed. Eventually, Taylor and i were changed and Mason went into his room and grabbed his bags.

There was a knock at the door and it was Beau. "Hey." "Hey." He walked inside and Mason ran over to him. "Dad!" "Mase, hey!" He picked him up and gave him a kiss. "How are you buddy?" "Kinda tired, cause I joke woke up." "Oh yeah?" He put him down and I gave him a hug. "How are you?" "Good, you?" "Better now that I can see my son." He smiled and I knew he really appreciated this. "Hey Beau. What's up?" Taylor walked over and they gave each other a bro hug and it was nice that they weren't awkward toward each other. "Nothing much man. Saw the season went pretty good this year?" "Yeah, I mean we didn't make playoffs but we have hopes for the future." "You always have to. Are these all of Mason's bags?" "Yeah these are them. He packed like every outfit you bought him. He wanted to make sure you got to see him in them." "Nice. Well we should get going I don't want to keep you guys waiting on us."

We all carried our bags down to our cars and threw them in. "See you later man." Taylor and Beau hugged and then Taylor said goodbye to Mason. Mason was a little upset, but I was afraid about how he would react to saying goodbye to me. He and I haven't been separated for more then a day. "Thanks again for letting me have him. I didn't think I would be the first person you called." "You will always be the first person I call if Taylor and I aren't able to watch him or take him somewhere with us." "Thank you." I gave him a hug and then looked down at Mason. I started tearing up, this might be harder for me then it is for him. "You gonna be okay?" "Yeah. Don't cry mommy." "I'm okay. I'm just happy for you to be going with your dad for a few days." "Okay, well don't worry mommy I will be back soon." I laughed. "Okay. I will see you soon okay?" "Okay." I gave him a hug and then a kiss.

Beau put him in his car seat and I stood by Taylor as they pulled out of the driveway. Taylor gave me a hug as I started crying. "Hey, look at me." I looked up at him and he wiped my tears. "It's only a few days and I will be there for you everyday. Mason is just a phone call away if you need to talk to him." "I know, it's just hard because I have never been away from him for more then a day. I know that he is safe and he will be fine, it will just be hard not having to take care of him." He hugged me tighter and then gave me a kiss. We got in the car and we left for Nevada. it was going to be a long drive and I know I will be thinking about is when Mason comes home and I see him again, but I am going to try and enjoy my vacation with Taylor as much as possible.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update. Comments please? Thanks again!