Status: Completed! :D

Fight for You

5

“FOOD!” an Irish accent screamed as we came back into view of everyone. Suddenly there was a blur of blonde hair and Harry was no longer by my side. I turned around and looked to the ground and saw Niall practically straddling Harry on the ground grabbing the food from him.

“Hey! He’s mine!” Louis yelled marching over and grabbing Niall off of Harry and helping Harry up and started to dust the non-existent dirt from him. I watched completely amused as Niall casually wondered over to the group already picking at the chips and Louis continued to fuss over Harry. I caught Harry’s eye as he winked at me causing me cheeks to instantly heat up and I quickly headed over to the group.

We sat in a group on the towels eating and chatting loudly as the boys all fought over the food. Suddenly my phone started to buzz in my pocket. I quickly pulled it out and read Tyler Calling on the screen. Instantly my happy mood dropped as I stared at the screen not knowing what to do. Suddenly a hand reached over and hit the ignore button. I turned to look at Casey as she gave me a small smile and squeezed my knee in comfort before going back to her chat with Zayn. I quickly turned my phone off and put it back in the pocket of my pants.

“Everything okay?” Harry mumbled from his seat next to me.

“Perfect.” I convincingly smiled back.

After lunch we all decided to relax and I took my clothes off once again to sunbake in just bikinis. I closed my eyes for a while enjoying the heat knowing that winter was coming soon and this would be one of the last times I could fully enjoy the beach for a while. Suddenly I felt two hands underneath my body and suddenly there was no ground below my body and I was met with air. I let out a scream and my eyes snapped open to see my body hit a very well muscled chest that instantly caused a blush to rise up my cheeks. I looked up to glare at Harry then suddenly he took off running towards the water.

“Put me down Harry!” I squealed trying to squirm out of his arms. Suddenly his arms had left my body and I went soaring through the air and was met with freezing cold salt water as a massive wave crashed over me. I floundered around under the water for a moment before finding the ground and pushing myself up until my head broke the surface of the water and I gulped in some much needed air. I spun around furiously looking for Harry who was standing not so far away with the water lapping at his knees grinning like a fool. His grin however dropped as he saw a smirk make its way onto my face as I watched two brown haired boys run up behind him and dragged him into the water. They all crashed underneath the waves a little away from me making me laugh. I was joined by Eleanor and Danielle as we watched the boys play like little kids having a contest to see who could splash the water the highest. Harry’s back was to me and I saw this as my chance. I ducked under the water and swam over until I was right behind him.

“RAHH!” I screamed from behind him and jumped on his back about to push him under. Unfortunately for me Harry was much stronger than my small body frame and he didn’t even move from his stance in the water. He started to laugh and reached around to grab me when suddenly two more bodies joined me as both Danielle and Eleanor helped me push Harry below the water. Laughing we all quickly moved away as he popped his head back up spluttering and flipping his now straight wet hair backwards. He glared at us and then started straight for me. I squealed and tried to swim away as I felt two hands grab onto my legs and pull me back. I turned around in time to smack into Harry’s chest. I struggled as both of his arms held me around the waist and dunked both of us under the water.

Another wave crashed pushing us towards the shoreline before bringing us back deeper into the ocean before Harry finally pushed us both back to the surface so we could breathe again. I gasped for air as I laughed trying to glare at Harry as he laughed at my feeble attempts. I suddenly noticed his arms still wrapped tightly around my waist as I looked into his sparkling green eyes. Was it me or were those sparkling green eyes getting closer to mine. Butterflies erupted in my stomach as I felt myself growing faint not completely sure what was happening.

“OI LOVE BIRDS! Are you going to play or what?” Casey called from her spot in the water with the others holding a Frisbee over her head waving it a bout.

I laughed before smiling at Harry sweetly and pushed against his chest and out of his arms swimming over to everyone else with Harry following closely. We played water Frisbee for a good hour before everyone was exhausted and we went back to our stuff to dry off.

“I’m hungry!” Niall whined for the fourth time in two minutes as the boys all groaned in annoyance.

“How about we stop at a McDonalds on the way back?” Eleanor said sweetly trying to please the cute blonde.

“There’s one about five minutes drive,” I smiled towards them as Niall nodded happily. So we all chucked everything back in the cars and drove to McDonalds.

As we arrived I turned my phone back on and followed everyone inside. I had 8 missed calls all from Tyler and 9 text messages, 8 from Tyler and 1 from Paige. I quickly replied to Paige’s as I contemplated what to do with the rest.

“Hey what did you want to eat?” Harry asked from in front of me making me almost jump a mile in the air. “Our treat.”

“Oh I um, its fine I can pay for my own,”

“I insist.”

“So do I.”

“Skye!” he whined

“Harry!” I warned.

“For god’s sake, I’ll order for her!” Casey exclaimed pushing past me and walking up to the counter as I poked my tongue at her and she flipped me off without turning around making the boys laugh.

“Was that so hard?” Harry asked as he paid for the food and sat down next to me while everyone else joined our table.

“Excruciatingly.” I replied back with a glare, while picking up a chip. My phone suddenly beeped making me jump. I checked the screen and relief washed over me as Paige’s text flashed across the screen. Everyone continued to talk as I happily replied to her.

“Is that cool Skye?” I was suddenly interrupted from my text when Casey asked me a question. I snapped my head at her and gave her a confused look.

She sighed, “I said that everyone can come over tomorrow and go swimming and we’ll have a Barbeque for dinner.”

“Very Australian. Right?” Niall asked for assurance making me laugh.

“Yes Niall, it’s very Australian. I’ve got class tomorrow until 3.00 so I won’t be home until about 4.” I told Casey.

“Class?” Harry asked from next to me.

“Yeah I study at University.” A relieved expression crossed Harry’s features.

“I thought for a second you might still be at school,” He mumbled before going back to eating.

I gave him a weird look before being distracted by my phone once again as I got a call from Tyler again. I quickly hopped up and grabbed my phone deciding that I may as well answer otherwise he wouldn’t stop.

“What,” I hissed into the phone.

“Why haven’t you been answering!” a male voice boomed from the other side.

“Because I don’t have to anymore!”

“Look I’m sorry,” I heard him sigh over the phone.

“That’s nice, were you sorry after the first time you did it or after the tenth. Or were you just sorry that you got caught?” I asked sweetly.

“Look no need to be a bitch about it. I’m trying to work this out with you.”

“I don’t want to work out anything with you Tyler because there is nothing left to work out. Now goodbye and stop calling me. Please.” I said before hanging the phone up as I felt the tears prick the corners of my eyes.

“Skye?” I tentative voice said from behind me making me spin around instantly.

“Hey, what are you doing out here?” I smiled at Danielle.

“Thought I would check on you, we got a bit worried.”

“Sorry,” I said trying to quickly wipe away the tears that were threatening to spill.

“Tyler,” she guessed as I nodded. She walked over and stuck her arm around my shoulders in comfort. “He’s definitely not worth you.”

I smiled at her and quickly gave her a hug before we both headed back inside. I sat back in my chair and was grateful that everyone decided to ignore the fact that my eyes were probably red and puffy. Casey gave me a look which clearly said that I would be explaining everything to her later. Suddenly a hand landed on my knee giving it a light squeeze. I quickly turned to look at Harry as he gave me a sweet smile almost making me cry again as I tried to smile back.

Harry’s hand stayed there the rest of the time we ate and talked. I didn’t know why but one thing I knew for sure that the butterflies that were constantly fluttering in my stomach were telling me that I was falling for this boy. I was falling for this boy hard and I barely knew him, plus my heart was still shattered.