My Chemical Disaster

I Take my Last Chance to Burn a Bridge or Two

CHAPTER 2

It took me hours to find my condo. But I found it, thank god. I brought all my stuff into one room. Labby was sniffing around the whole condo. The first thing I did was unpack my clothes. I picked the biggest room of course. Labby had the small room all to himself and there was one left over. Hmm… that could be the guest room, I guess. I walked out to the porch. It was a beautiful day outside. Wow, Los Angeles is so pretty!
“Labby! Do you wanna go for a walk?” I didn’t care if he wanted to or not I grabbed a pair of jean capris and a tank top and put it on.

I put Labby’s leash on and walked out the door. There must be a park somewhere. Maybe a block or two down. I could not believe I was in Los Angeles. Ah, there it was. I crossed the street trying not to kill myself and sat down on a nearby bench. I noticed this really tall building that said Clandestine. Wow was it big. So that must be where I’m working. Hopefully the people there are nice. I only have one more day until I get back to work. It would have been better if Mr. Saurette brought a friend to come along with me but, whatever I am still here!

I got up and walked around the park with Labby. Labby barked at this man that walked by. A very hot man by the way. He had black hair with a little bit of spikes coming out, I saw a jack skellington tattoo on his arm and he looked like he was in the mid twenties.
“Labby stop” I whispered.
“I’m sorry, he’s not usually like that” He smiled at me. I swear my heart had skipped a beat.
“It’s ok” He continued walking towards his car. Wow he was so hot. If I knew there were hot people like him I here, I should’ve moved here a long time ago. Labby and I decided to go back home. Labby barked at everyone he saw. What was wrong with him? Doesn’t he like it here? Oh well, I wish I could look at that guy’s face one more time.

When we got home, I unpacked all my clothes. I didn’t know what to wear tomorrow for work. I did want to make a good first impression and not be late like in New York. I picked out this business suit. It wasn’t too dressed up but wasn’t not, not too dressed up, if that made any sense at all. I went to take a shower and then I headed for bed.

I woke up extra early. I straightened my hair which took me about an hour, considering my hair is really long and thick. I put some make up on. This time I didn’t over do it, I put it on just right. I got dressed and looked at the time. It was 6:48. I had to leave.
“Wish me luck!” I said to Labby and shut the door. Traffic wasn’t that bad. I arrived there just in time. Some lady showed me where I where my desk would be.
“Hi this is Sopheap, can you help her out since she’s new?” The lady said to this girl that looked about my age.
“Sure” The lady left.
“Hi, I’m Brianna”
“Hi, I’m Sopheap” Brianna gave me a tour around the building.

I couldn’t believe who I saw! It was the guy that was at the park.
“AHH!!” I screamed. I felt eyeballs staring at me.
“Sorry” I said. First impression alright. The guy looked at me and called me over. Oh god what does he want? Brianna told me she’d be at her desk. Great I have to go up alone. Ok Sopheap you can do it, step by step. I finally was at his desk.
“Hi, I’m Pete” Oh so Pete’s his name.
“Hello”
“I’m the boss of Clandestine and I know you’re new so if you need any help, I’ll always be here”
“Ok” I began walking back to my desk.
“Wait” I heard a voice call out. I turned around and it was Pete.
“You look familiar, have I seen you before?”
“Yeah, my dog was barking at you the other day”
“Oh yeah, now I remember. Well nice meeting you again” His smiled made me get the butterflies.
“You too” I sat down at my desk.

“Um, what’s his last name?” I asked Brianna. I was very curious, most bosses tell me to call them by their last name.
“You don’t know who that is?” She looked at me as if I had a thousand eye balls.
“Yeah that’s our boss”
“No you don’t who he is, like what he does and stuff”
“Um, I’m guessing no” What was she talking about?