Status: <3

Scars of Your Love

Chapter 16

My heart was racing as I climbed the steps to the church. I was wearing a two in one dress: a black skirt and a leopard print top. On my feet I wore black platforms with silver studs on and I’d accessorised with a black rose ring, an owl necklace and some black hoop earrings. (http://www.polyvore.com/shonas_outft_13/set?id=53219821 )There were a few people milling outside the church, some of which I knew but none of which I’d know well enough to talk to.
It had been three years since mum had asked me to move to Ibiza with her. After that, well, I’d taken the rest of my GCSEs, all of which, with my mum’s help, I passed. Dad wasn’t happy about the idea of me moving at first but mum talked him round. He sold the flat, and moved permanently to his house in Central London. I decided not to tell Bolton I was going. He figured that out when he saw the for-sale sign. Needless to say, I’d had several messages and phone calls from him, but I ignored them all. I couldn’t bear the say goodbye to him. For a while after I’d moved, I spoke to Dotty, Will and Vegas a couple of times a week but we drifted apart until we only spoke once every couple of months. And now, here I was, back in England for a few weeks.
I pulled open the doors to the church and looked around. It was crowded inside, clusters of people dotted round the church. I scanned the room for someone I knew but there was no one. And that’s when I caught his eye. His eye. The one person I was desperate to see but was hoping against hope I wouldn’t. He stared for a minute before heading towards me. For a minute, I thought about making a run for the way out. I didn’t want to see him – not now. But then I thought better of it. I had to know how he was. Had he moved out? Did he have a job? Deep down though, it was whether or not he had another girlfriend I wanted to know most.
“Stella,” a familiar voice called. I turned round to see my best friend, a guy who’d changed so much, yet I’d still recognise him anywhere. “Will,” I smiled, as he wrapped me in a hug. “Don’t you clean up well,” I laughed, “How’ve you been?”
“Really good thanks, it’s so good to see you.”
“You too,” I said, tears forming in my eyes.
“Aww babe, come here,” Will smiled, giving me another hug. I forced a laugh.
“I bet you’re excited.”
“Just a bit,” he joked.
“So you’re speaking to Bolton again then?” I asked, nodding in Bolt’s direction. Will sighed.
“Yeah, I hope you’re not mad.”
“Course I’m not mad.”
“We didn’t speak for another year after you’d gone but then we just started talking again. Are you okay him being here?”
“Yeah, it’s fine honestly.”
“Okay, so how have you been?” I spent the next few minutes telling him about Ibiza before the Vicar signalled for us to sit down. Will quickly showed me to my seat before taking his place at the altar. The music started to play and then walked in the most beautiful bride I had ever seen. She looked like a bloody princess in her white taffeta one-shoulder gown which I was sure would cost no less than five hundred quid, the amount of money her parents had. Her hair was curled and delicately draped over her shoulders with a silver tiara upon her head. I caught her eye and she smiled. They reached the front and Will smiled the biggest smile when he saw his beautiful bride. The vows were said and then my two best friends in the whole world were declared husband and wife.

Dotty invited me to the reception afterwards and I felt rude saying no so I agreed to come for just a little bit. “I still can’t believe how amazing you look,” I smiled.
“Thank you,” she replied.
“Have you had a good day then?” I asked.
“Yeah, it’s been amazing. I really wish I’d got in touch sooner but it’s just been so busy, you know.”
“Yeah, me too.”
“Hey beautiful,” Will smiled, wrapping his arms around Dotty from behind. I smiled – it made me remember what I had with Bolton. Speaking of which, where was he? I scanned the crowd but he seemed to have disappeared. I spoke to Will and Dotty for a few minutes longer before excusing myself; I had to find Bolt. It was busy and half the people I didn’t even know. There he was. I stood frozen, physically unable to move. He was busy talking to some people I didn’t recognise. Suddenly he turned and caught my eye. I smiled and he walked towards me. My heart was racing and I tried to compose myself. “Shona,” he said quietly. I laughed. “God, no one’s called me Shona in years.”
“How’ve you been?”
“Fine…thanks, you?”
“Yeah I’m alright, I haven’t seen you in forever.”
“Yeah I...um…moved back to Ibiza with my mum.”
“Ibiza?”
“It was our dream, remember?” I answered coldly. He laughed.
“I’ve missed you,” he admitted. I felt a lump appear in my throat; I knew this was coming. Being here, all my feelings for him came back. I just hoped he felt the same. I was wondering how to reply when Dotty appeared and saved me from choking. “Hi,” she smiled, clearly not sure of what to make of us two together. “Hey,” Bolt and I replied in unison. “Nice to see you two talking again,” she smiled. We both laughed. “Stella, you should hear him, he hasn’t stopped talking about you,” she joked. Bolt gave her a look.
“Come on Bolt, she’s all you think about.” I laughed.
“That’s not fair,” Bolt started but Dotty cut him short.
“Anyway, I’ll let you two…talk. I’m here if you need me,” she said, rushing off.
“All you think about huh?”
“Don’t listen to her, she doesn’t know what…”
“I’ve missed you too,” I cut in, the words falling out my mouth without even meaning for them to.
“Really?”
“Yeah,” I admitted.
“So…are you seeing anyone?” I laughed – partly at how forward he was being and partly to break the tension.
“No actually.”
“So how long are you staying in England?”
“Just a couple of weeks.” He looked taken aback.
“Can’t you stay longer?”
“Sorry, I can’t.” We stood silently for a few awkward moments. We both were thinking the same thing, we both wanted to say it but we were both to shit scared to do so. I couldn’t go back to Ibiza now. After today, I was certain I still loved him. I could forgive him for what he did all that time ago. The only problem was mum – mum would never forgive him. I’d finally got my mum back and I wasn’t prepared to lose her again. “Dotty wasn’t lying. I’ve never stopped loving you.” I stood, unable to speak. I’d never stopped loving him either, not really. He reached for my hand and I flinched. “I’ve changed Shona; I haven’t touched anything since you’ve gone. I don’t speak to Den anymore and I’ve got a job and everything. I know what I did was wrong and unforgivable but I will make it up to you, I swear. I’m gonna look like an idiot if you say no but I don’t care…I just…” he looked around the room and quickly grabbed something off the refreshment table. “Marry me?” he asked, holding out a Haribo Ring.

For a minute, I could swear I felt my heart stop. My thoughts were racing at a thousand miles per hour. What about mum? What about my life in Ibiza? What about everything? But then I realised – that didn’t matter. I loved Bolton, he loved me and I knew that we would find a way round everything. Together. “I’ll marry you,” I said, tears forming in my eyes. I laughed as he slipped the Haribo Ring on my finger and wrapped me up in a hug. “I will buy you a proper ring, don’t worry,” he whispered.
“It’s perfect,” I smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait. This is the final chapter so I hope you all liked it and thank you so so much for reading.
I'm half way through a fanfiction aswell. It's called Haunted if anyone's interested.

Ella xoxo