Status: Comments are my motivation!

This Could Be All I've Waited For

I Don't Care if People Stare

Jack and I woke up to Matt pulling back the curtain to Jack’s bunk as he said, “Cadence, I swear to God if you do not get up right now and get dressed you are going to be late to meet up with those VIPs and I will make you walk to the next venue,” he threatened.

Jack chuckled as I pushed myself up and out of the bunk while detangling myself from his limbs. “Give me a little bit of credit, Matt,” I complained, “I could show a little leg and hitchhike to the next venue pretty successfully.”

Matt rolled his eyes and pointed towards the bathroom where he demanded that I take a shower despite the fact that I took one before I went to bed; he was not this forceful with the guys. I was in such a tizzy from Matt bossing me around the moment that I woke up that I forgot my clothes out in my luggage. I crossed my fingers and hoped to God that the guys were all still sleeping so I didn’t have to worry about my towel being yanked off my bare body… boys will be boys. I wrapped my towel around myself as tightly as possible rolling it a little before gripping it until my knuckles were white. I opened the bathroom door and crept out to grab my clothes.

“You’re right,” I heard Jack say causing me to jump and spin around. I found him still lying in his bunk with the curtain open from Matt’s outburst.

I put my free hand on my hip, “Right about what?” I demanded.

“You could probably make it to the next venue by showing a little leg,” he said smiling his eyes still heavy with sleep.

I rolled my eyes, “Go back to sleep,” I told him shaking my head and grabbing my pair of hot pink denim shorts and my black tank top that Alex had gotten me for my last birthday that says “I fancy the lead singer”. I went back into the bathroom and pulled my clothes on quickly before deciding my hair would just have to air dry because I needed to get this show on the road. I pulled my Ray Bans that I’d been neglecting because Jack’s were always more convenient, out of their case and pushed them onto my face as I slipped my feet into my rarely used pair of TOMs.

“You can’t Have a piece of stage tape covering your I.D., Cadence,” Matt said sighing as if he already knew I would not be listening to a thing he said as I sat in the booth flipping my lanyard holding my I.D. badge while I ate cereal.

Zack, who was sitting next to me, caught my badge and flipped it over giving it a curious look. “Why’d you put tape on it?” he asked with a mouth full of peanut butter covered toast.
I swallowed my mouthful of captain crunch before answering him, “It said I was a tour guide,” I wrinkled my nose at the idea. If there was ever something I didn’t want to do it was to be a tour guide.

Zack’s eyebrows pulled together in confusion, “Why would you have an I.D. badge that said you were a tour guide I thought we said your position was groupie,” he looked around the room like someone would be able to explain this to him.

I rolled my eyes because they had, in fact, said that my position was groupie which is what my original badge said across the bottom. I gave Matt a dirty look before explaining to Zack, “Matt made me get a new one for today while I’m getting those girls into places that even a VIP badge won’t get you,” I still didn’t like the idea of being called a tour guide.

“You can’t walk around with a badge that doesn’t state your position,” Matt said eying my badge that was still in Zack’s hand.

Zack whipped out a sharpie and scribbled something across the tape before he threw the lanyard over my head and tugging it into place around my neck. “Happy?” he asked admiring his work.

I looked down and found that he had written the word ‘bitch’ as my position. I rolled my eyes I suppose it could have been something worse like ‘on top’ or something to that nature. I disposed of my empty bowl in the sink and was about to make a break for it when Matt got my attention again.

“What’s the name?” Matt asked referring to today’s VIPs. I bit my lip and looked up like I was thinking when I was certain that I wasn’t fooling Matt for a second; we both knew that even if he had told me a thousand times I wouldn’t remember. “Collins,” Matt said patiently, “When they get to the gate ask for the name when they say Collins hand them these,” he placed too other lanyards with generic VIP tags hanging from them, “and you be nice,” he stressed the last part.

“I’ve got it,” I said smiling, “They are Very. Important. People.” I laughed a little at myself for making such a silly joke and Matt just rolled his eyes.

I shoved the extra two passes in the pocket that held my phone and looked down at mine that Zack and I had already vandalized. I hoped that I didn’t get into trouble for the new position I’d been given but in all honesty I didn’t really care.

I got to the gate and there were already loads of people lined up to get in. I looked at my phone for the time and found that there was still an hour until doors; well Matt was getting a little ahead of himself worrying I was going to be late when I was super early.

“How did you get in?” one of the guys that were stationed to take tickets asked me in an accusing tone. I held up the I.D. badge that Matt had given m. “Oh,” he said sounding caught off guard, “Sorry, I just assumed,” he trailed off nodding at my shirt. I rolled my eyes some people just couldn’t take a joke. I put a hand up letting him know there was no harm done as I made my way passed the general entrance and over to where the girls were supposed to be coming in. If there was one thing that I’d never get used to it was being accused of not belonging here.

I decided that the grass was as good a place as any to kill time and sat down playing with my I.D. tag that hung around my neck; there was definitely a reason why I usually kept these things in my back pocket.

A couple of girls looking to be my age or a year or two younger approached the other side of the gate from where I was sitting. They were both petite with extraordinarily long hair, one with dark brown locks while the other was a much lighter shade of brown with light blonde streaks in it. They looked similar in the way that only best friends could manage.

I pushed myself up off the grass and approached the gate.

“Hi!” I greeted them with a small wave, “Name?” I asked looking the one with Dark hair in the eyes seeing as she was standing closer to me.

Her smile had an excited edge as she replied, “Collins,” and handed me two tickets. I waved someone with a ticket scanner over and a lanky guy bounded over to scan their tickets.

They seemed to be jumping out of their skin as they both crossed over onto the official Warped tour grounds.

I handed the girls their VIP badges, and they took them jumping up and down excitement overflowing from them.

“I’m Cadence,” I said after they calmed down giving them a smile.

They squealed excitedly and laughed a little, “We know who you are silly,” the dark haired girl said bouncing a little as she spoke. The other girl nodded as if my not knowing that they’d recognize me was ridiculous.

“I’m Addie,” the lighter haired girls said smiling and waving, “and I’d really like to hug you right now.”

I couldn’t deny that I really liked these two. Their energy was infectious and I could feel myself tilt onto my toes to contain myself. I laughed at Addie’s comment and threw my arms open. “I am totally up for hugs,” I announced smiling at the thought of a random person wanting to hug me.

Both girls took the opportunity tackling me in much the same way that Jack does when he hugs me; the only difference being that they weren’t aiming to knock me over.

“I’m Halley, by the way,” the darker haired girl said as both girls took a step back.

I smiled at them both still feeling a high from them. I had no idea what I was supposed to do now. They weren’t even letting anyone in yet.

“Well,” I said taking my phone out of my pocket, “we still have fifteen minutes to kill. Do you guys know who you’d like to see today?” I wish I would have asked for advice on how to handle all of this. I’d never had to do anything like this before unless you count showing a new kid around school back in high school.

“All Time Low,” both girls said instantly nearly falling over themselves to get the words out causing me to chuckle a little.

I turned to where they were still setting up the blow up schedule thing and rolled my eyes; that thing wouldn’t be up until doors. A brilliant idea popped into my head.

“I know where we can find a schedule,” I said looping my arm easily through both of the girls’ arms pulling them with me.

“Where are we going?” Addie asked sounding both curious and eager at the same time.

I smile at her, “If I told you that,” I said looking over the top of my sunglasses, “Your reactions won’t be nearly as much fun.”

Both girls seemed to shake with their excitement as we entered the bus area. Halley let out a squeal and gripped my upper arm tightly, but not tight enough to do any damage. Addie’s response was her clinging to my side like she would fall out at any moment.

I pulled open the bus door and walked up the steps making the girls wait at the stairs. I peeked around the corner and was so glad I’d made the girls wait out of sight.

“Dear Jesus,” I said eyes wide.

“Cade!” Alex called, “I thought you were supposed to be working today,” he said standing in nothing but a towel in the middle of the front lounge.

Jack was wearing only his boxers and Rian and Zack were partially dressed as well, though I’d grown accustomed to Zack being scantily dressed.

“Put some fucking clothes on,” I whined stomping my foot like a toddler throwing a hissy fit.

“Where are the girls?” Matt asked giving me a suspicious look.

I gave him a smile and just jutted my thumb behind me making him groan and put his head to the table. He never said that I couldn’t bring them onto the bus, honestly he really needs to get the point that if he doesn’t want me to do something then he’ll have to spell it out.

Jack dropped to the floor and crawled past Alex and then pushed himself between my shins to look down the stairs. He yelled like he was surprised but it was clearly an act making the girls giggle and squeal with excitement again.

“There are girls on the bus,” Jack cried as if it were the worst thing in the world. I cocked a hip and rested my hand there giving Jack a stern look.

“You’re kidding right?” I asked like he’d over looked the fact that I was a girl for the past five years.

“Oh stop it Cady,” Jack whined clearly upset that I was interfering with his fun. He gave my shirt a mean look, “I hate that shirt,” Jack spat dramatically before waltzing back to the bunk area probably to find clothes.

I chuckled and Alex ran forward to give me a high five, “Hey,” he shouted back at Jack, “I bought her that shirt for her birthday, you prick!” he followed Jack, Rain, and Zack close behind him before they shut the door making it safe for me to bring Addie and Halley up.

I motioned for them to follow me and I headed to the table but not before Addie grabbed my wrist and turned me around so that she could pull my shirt away from my body to read it. Clearly we were already comfortable enough with each other for this to be perfectly fine because I couldn’t be fazed by the contact. Both Addie and Halley laughed at the words on my shirt and I smiled back at them.

“Matt,” I called even though he was the only person in the front lounge anymore; “We need a schedule.” Matt heaved a sigh and picked up one of two printed copies of today’s schedule sometimes I wondered if Matt was psychic or something; how else would he have known that he should print two copies of the schedule?

The girls glanced at the door that led to the bunks with hopeful eyes and I smiled at them. “Trust me,” I said, “You’ll get to meet each of them and maybe you’ll hate them as much as I do.”

The girls shook their heads clearly sure they would never hate those boys in a million years and I had to hand it to them; I don’t think anyone could ever truly hate them.

------------------------------------------------------

“Do you guys want to go back stage for the All Time Low set or do you want to watch from the crowd and get your asses kicked because that’s what happened?” I asked hoping they’d choose back stage. I know that it sounds silly but I really wanted to give Jack his hug and wish him good luck the way I always did. Maybe working during the day was totally worth it; I hadn’t wanted to get back to Jack this bad since before he had started to talk to Marie. Speaking or well thinking of Marie, I wondered if the girls knew about her.

Addie was clearly the one who was the leader out of the two, she spoke up for the both of them whenever it came to any decision that the two needed to make and Halley was more than happy to follow her with it. “I’ve never seen and All Time Low show from back stage!” Addie exclaimed happily adding a bit more bounce to her step.

“Well today is your lucky day,” I told her as she and Halley both looped their arms through mine on either side.

We marched up the ramp and into the backstage area where the guys were already assembled. Alex stopped in the middle of a vocal warm up to shout my name and then wave to the other two girls. I was about to introduce Alex to the girls when a hard force came into contact with the left side of my body. I knew it was Jack before he had even wrapped his arms around me as we both hit the concert floor.

“I missed you soooo much today!” he whined pulling me against him.

“Jack,” I whined trying to wiggle away from him, “You’re making a scene,” I complained.

“Let them stare!” he called out dramatically nuzzling himself into my neck.

All the while Addie and Halley were laughing their heads off at us. I grumbled under my breath and continued pushing away from Jack. I take back what I thought earlier; I did not miss Jack, not in the slightest.

“You guys,” I whined as everyone just stood around laughing, “you aren’t helping matters.”

“If you would just hug me back,” Jack mumbled against my skin, “I’d stop.”

I hugged him back with everything that I had, hell I even wrapped my legs around him causing him to laugh and hug me back tighter. Jack sighed and his grip loosened after a moment. “Okay,” he said leaning his head back to look at me, “I’m content with that hug,” he let me go and then helped me up and every inch of me hurt. I frowned at him and he just gave me a sheepish smile that I couldn’t stay mad at.

“Jack, I’d like you to meet Addie and Halley,” I said gesturing to the two that had already started talking to the rest of the guys.

Jack squealed and ran to them engulfing both into hugs. I pursed my lips, well that wasn’t exactly what I was expecting to happen. Maybe a few inappropriate jokes and some shameless flirting but I did not expect Jack to turn into a girl. I shrugged my shoulders glad that he was enjoying himself they were likeable people I’ve admitted it myself.

Eventually the guys did have to get on stage though so they wrapped up the conversation and I was engulfed in another hug from Jack. He squeezed me even more tightly than usual and I was beginning to worry about our skin getting fused together by some freak accident.

“I love you, Cady,” he said sounding forceful making concern grow in my stomach.

“I love you too, Jack,” I said, “Is everything okay?” I pulled away as much as he would allow meeting his eyes.

He nodded his head, “Things have just been weird between us lately,” he said shrugging his shoulders around me.

I nodded and rested my forehead against his chest. We were both aware that we had an audience today. He sighed heavily and pressed his cheek to my hair, “Wish me luck?” he asked.

I chuckled lightly, “Good luck,” I told him smiling and feeling right for the first time in a while.

I leaned against an amp and sat back as Addie and Halley had the time of their lives watching the guys play. Alex even dedicated a song to them making them nearly fall over each other in all of their excitement. I laughed when Jack ran over to pull them on stage to dance with him; they were making the hustler world jealous.

“Are you guys coming to the signing?” Jack asked as Marie walked up. Despite the fact that I was supposed to be setting a good example and be pleasant I couldn’t help the look of disgust that over took my features at the sight of her.

I took out our schedule, “These ladies are VIPs they don’t have time for your damn lines,” I said joking causing the two to laugh. “We’ll get stuff signed for you guys later back the bus or something,” I told them causing them to squeal much the same way Jack had earlier.

“Too bad you won’t be joining us today,” Marie said with a fake pout.

I rolled my eyes, “It’s absolutely heart breaking,” I said sarcastically.

“Behave Cady,” Jack shot a warning look at me before glancing at the two girls.

“She started it,” I grumbled.

“And I ended it,” he told me kissing the side of my head before waving goodbye and walking away with the rest of the guys.

“No one likes her by the way,” Halley said mirroring my look of disgust while watching her walk away laughing over enthusiastically and clutching Jack’s arm.

Addie looked equally disgusted. “What are you talking about?” I asked looking back and forth between the two girls.

“Do you ever get on twitter, Cade?” Halley asked taking on the nickname that the rest of the guys had been using. It brought a smile to my lips to hear it from her.

I laughed, “No, not really,” I said. Honestly I’d been scared of twitter ever since my followers reached over a thousand.

“You should,” Addie insisted as we made our way to the next show on our checklist.

“You should check your mentions,” Halley said, “you’re followers are beginning to give cults a run for their money,” she joked.

I laughed lightly at the two knowing that by the end of the day I’d have to get their numbers; it’s not every day that I can find girls that I get along with.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys enjoyed it! Comments are wonderful things =]