Status: Comments are my motivation!

This Could Be All I've Waited For

Got Your Heart in My Hands

By the end of the week were back in Baltimore at Jack’s parent’s house celebrating an early Christmas. Jack had made all of the arrangements and plans for us and apparently we were celebrating Christmas day alone and then we were going to visit my family for a late Christmas. I was more looking forward to the New Year’s weekend in New York.

I was enjoying all the family time, nonetheless. It wasn’t often that I got to spend time with Jack’s parents these days. They traveled a lot and I couldn’t fly out to Lebanon and attend all of my classes.

We stayed at Jack’s parents’ house for the weekend just hanging out and having a good time. There was a lot of food involved. May was there for a couple of nights and Joe stopped by for a day. It had been a really long time since I’d been able to hang out with either of them.

Jack’s mom kept gushing over how excited she was that we were finally together in an actual relationship. His dad seemed to feel the same way and I felt strangely relieved. I hadn’t even realized that I was seeking for their approval until I had already gotten it.

Christmas day Jack and I were back at his apartment… or well I suppose I could call it our apartment at this point, or at least get used to the idea of it being our apartment. After all according to Jack we were going to talk to my parents about it, because apparently he wanted to get their blessing, and soon enough I’d be packing my stuff and driving it all the way back here.

“Cady,” Jack whispered in my ear waking me up as gently as he could.

I took a deep breath letting it out slowly. “What time is it?” I asked without opening my eyes.

I felt Jack’s chuckle rumble through his chest which was pressed very firmly against my back. “You are going to hate me but it’s really early,” he continued to whisper now running a hand up and down my side.

I groaned a little and turned over so that I was facing him. He wrapped his arms around me and let me snuggle into his chest.

“It’s Christmas you know,” Jack pointed out as he tucked some of my hair behind my ear. His eyes were bright as he said the words a smile stretched across his face.

I grinned back at him kissing his cheek. “You know that it’s going to be Christmas all day, right?” I asked not really wanting to get out of bed yet.

“But I want to give you your gift now,” he whined squeezing me tightly.

I rolled my eyes, “Fine I’m up,” I groaned stretching and rolling away from Jack. I crawled out of the bed and walked over to jack’s open closet pulling out a giant red sweater that was probably way too big on Jack and threw it on.

“Very Christmas-y,” Jack complimented wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing my lips.

I smiled into the kiss moving my hands to knot my fingers in his hair. He chuckled against my lips. “Ready for your present?” he asked pulling at the hem of the sweater I was wearing.

I beamed back at him nodding and letting him lead me into the living room where we’d set up a modest sized Christmas tree a few nights prior. He made me sit down and then ran to the tree he picked up a smallish box from under the tree and then quickly snatched something off the tree before joining me back on the couch.

“This one would have been a bigger deal but I’ve kind of already asked you, but still,” he kind of chuckled as he held out his closed fist and opened it. Laying in the palm of his hand was a house key that someone had painted a little red heart on at the top.

“Have I told you lately, how freaking adorable you are?” I asked taking the key from his hand. The heart was no doubt his work.

“It’s a key to the apartment for when you move in,” he told me grinning and clearly ignoring my comment. “But like I said it would have been a lot more meaningful if I hadn’t already asked you to move in.”

I chuckled and leaned over kissing his cheek as he pulled the smallish box from behind his back. “You can open this one now,” he said pushing the package into my hands.

I beamed at him quickly unwrapping the box and finding a simple black velvet rectangular box that you’d find in a jewelry store. I glanced up at him meeting his eyes and he looked back eyes bright with excitement urging me to open the box. I looked back down to the parcel and lifted the lid slowly.

I bit my lip trying to control my smile as much as I could before I practically tackled Jack nearly making him fall backwards. Inside the box was a silver charm bracelet that held one charm. The charm was of a miniature dog tag that had the date we got together stamped into it.

Jack chuckled obviously happy that I appreciated the gift. I’d always wanted a charm bracelet. One that meant something special to me. Something that I could tell people about when I met them. I’d talked about it before though I don’t know if I ever told Jack or any of the guys…

I covered Jack’s face in kisses squeaking out thank yous in between each one. Jack was laughing with his hand on my hips doing is best to catch my lips with his every chance he got.

I kissed the tip of his nose and Jack pulled me into his lap taking the velvet box from my hand. He took the bracelet from the box and clasped it around my wrist. Chuckled a little before reaching into the pocket of his sweat pants and pulling out a tiny satin drawstring bag.

“What is that?” I asked eyeing the tiny bag.

He met my eyes and smiled opening the bag and letting the contents drop into his hand. It was a tiny charm in the shape of a milk shake. I gave him a quizzical look and he held out his free hand asking for my wrist. “It’s for our first thanksgiving in that diner,” he explained as he added it to my bracelet.

I kissed his cheek before getting up and running to my suitcase to get his present. “Your turn,” I told him handing it over.

Jack didn’t waste any time ripping the wrapping off and opening the square box finding the white gold ring that I’d picked out for him about a month ago. The corners of Jack’s mouth pulled into a smile as he took the ring out of the box inspecting it. I knew he’d found the inscription when he nearly choked on a laugh.

“You know it’s scary how well you know me,” he said grinning and pulling me back into his lap.

“I don’t think I know what you mean,” I faked innocence.

“I call dibs heart Cady,” he read off the inscription grinning.

“Oh, that,” I crowed throwing my head back dramatically, “Yeah I knew you would appreciate that.”

Jack kissed my temple before slipping the ring on his left ring finger. “It’s fantastic.”

“Don’t feel obligated to wear it or anything, I actually got you this chain so you can keep it as a necklace,” I told him holding out a plain silver chain.

“When would I not when to wear it?” he demanded taking the chain from my hand and putting it on the side table.

I chuckled wrapping my arms around his neck. He gripped my thighs and pulled me closer before pressing his lips to mine. He pushed the fabric of the sweater up digging his calloused fingers into my hips.

“Merry Christmas, Cady,” he whispered against my lips.

“Merry Christmas, Jack,” I replied before connecting our lips again.

I’d have to say that mine and Jack’s first Christmas alone went pretty well. We had absolutely nothing to do all day so we laid around watching movies and making random foods… mostly the kind that were really bad for you and enjoyed ourselves.

Of course we couldn’t stay in Baltimore forever and the next day we were on a flight to Atlanta, which by the way is not recommended. We all exchanged gifts and jokes and over dinner Jack decided to bring up the possibility of me moving in with him… telling my parents it was a possibility sounded like a better idea than telling them I was doing it with or without their consent.

We had expected them to be somewhat reluctant to agree but instead they were completely for it. They wanted to know how many boxes I would need whether I wanted them to rent me a U-Haul and what day I’d be leaving. Needless to say it felt like they were trying to push me out of the house. I couldn’t say that I minded too much. I really wanted to move in with Jack and if my parents were happy about it then who was I to complain?

Jack and I separated a few of my things out so it’d be ready to be packed whenever I got the chance to come back and pack but we had to get to New York soon to beat all of the chaos of everyone wanting to get to New York before New Year’s Eve.
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys are awesome for commenting! It made writing this much more enjoyable, while that might not make much sense.

I should have another update on time next week but if not it shouldn't be any later than Saturday.

p.s. I would not be opposed to more comments.