Status: Comments are my motivation!

This Could Be All I've Waited For

Bring You Closer to Me

Jack and I lie in bed neither of us willing to move. Jack’s fingers danced lazily across the ridges of my barely visible ribs. His head rested in the crook of my neck, his breath fanning across my collar bones, causing goose bumps to spring up. We had been in California for roughly forty-eight hours and we hadn’t even stepped out onto the patio attached to our hotel room to see the beach let alone go to it.

“We should come to California more often,” Jack whispered trying not to disturb the quietness that had settled over the room as he trailed gentle kisses along my jaw line.

I chuckled tangling my fingers with his. “We haven’t seen California,” I argued.

Jack shrugged his shoulders pushing an arm underneath my back and brought me closer to his chest.

“I don’t know I think we’ve seen all of California that we need to see,” he countered.

“We’ve only seen this room,” I argued rolling my eyes, “and we decided to come to California because of the beach.”

He chuckled pushing himself up so that he was hovering over me. “Beach schmeach,” Jack countered pressing his lips to mine. “Who needs it?”

I smiled against his lips as he kissed me again. For the first time in a long time I could let myself get completely lost in his kisses. I didn’t have to worry about someone walking through the door without knocking, because for once no one knew where we were. I kissed him back tangling my fingers in his hair keeping his lips connected with mine.

Jack’s phone rang and we both attempted to ignore it. Soon my phone was ringing along with his, continuously. Jack let a low groan escape his throat.

“We have the worst fucking friends,” he complained reaching over to the nightstand to grab his phone.

“I’m trying to seduce my girlfriend Gaskarth what do you want?” he demanded.

“Where the fuck are you?” I could hear Alex shout through the phone.

“Somewhere far away from you!” I shouted back.

Jack chuckled and kissed my cheek, “We took an impromptu vacation and I am not at liberty to say where. Is there anything I can help you with?” he asked.

I couldn’t hear what Alex had to say but that was probably because I left the bed. Jack frowned at me as he continued to talk with Alex. I shrugged my shoulders and went to grab the swim suit we had bought when we’d gotten to California. I was just about to head to the bathroom to change when Jack sighed audibly.

“Alex has a real talent for ruining good moments,” he complained stretching out across the bed.

I rolled my eyes, “Get up you silly boy,” I commanded pulling on his hand, “We’re going to the beach and you need to get changed.”

“And if I’d rather try to get you to join me back here?” he asked patting the bed.

“Then you are going to be a highly disappointed individual.”

Jack grumbled about nothing in particular as he climbed out of bed and grabbed his swimming trunks. He attempted to squeeze into the bathroom after me but I managed to shut him out just before he could get in.

I chuckled hearing Jack groan as I continued to change into my bikini.

-----------------------------------------

Jack looked over his shoulder for maybe the fifth time since we’d gotten to the beach. I gave him a curious look and he just gave me a sheepish smile and shrugged.

“What is your deal?” I asked nudging his side. He was being such a weirdo.

“I just keep getting this feeling that we’re going to run into someone we know somehow,” he admitted wrapping an arm around my waist and puling me into his side.

“Yeah I get it, you’re just afraid that that GPS tracker that Matt had implanted is actually working,” I teased feigning innocence.

Jack gave me a shocked look his eyes wide, “What?” he demanded seeming scared.

I had to stop walking because I laughed so hard. His reaction was absolutely priceless, not that he found it to be all that funny. Jack was frowning down at me clearly not enjoying the joke as much as I was. Though if I was being honest, it didn’t seem like the story was that farfetched. Jack had gone missing on several occasions on tour causing tons of chaos especially on Flyzik’s end.

“I was just kidding,” I managed to say after catching my breath.

“Oh yeah it was sooo funny, Cady,” Jack agreed sarcastically, drawing out the o.

“It was funny!” I called after him as he continued walking away from me clearly throwing a fake fit.

“Flyzik is crazy!” Jack called back turning on his heels to face me, “he is capable of anything.”

I chuckled catching up to him and smiled as Jack laced his fingers through mine. “Seriously though that sounds like something that Flyzik would do, I’d watch my back the next time you go outside of the country if I were you,” I teased.

“Jesus Christ, Cady,” Jack complained sighing heavily, “are you trying to make me paranoid, or something?”

“I’m just saying that it is a pretty good possibility that if Matt gets the idea in his head that he could go through with it, I wouldn’t get too wasted on this next tour, ya know?” I was just playing it up at this point.

“Oooooh!” Jack crowed throwing his head back, “I see what you’re doing, you’re trying to keep me sober so I don’t get myself into any trouble.”

I laughed shaking my head, “No but that could be a potential plus that comes out of all of this,” I agreed.

“Of course I would be the one to give you an idea to fuel this ridiculous idea even further,” Jack complained shaking his head.

I chose not to respond and let him stew on the idea while I pulled us towards the ice cream cart that wasn’t very far away from us.

------------------------------------------

“What is with you and Chinese food?” Jack asked after we were seated in a nice looking sushi bar.

I chuckled and picked up my menu, “It’s Japanese and I felt like sushi and you didn’t have any aversion to the idea fifteen minutes ago unless something changed?” it came out as a question even though I really hadn’t meant for it to.

He shook his head. “No I like sushi well enough, I’m just saying that we ordered in Chinese for dinner last night,” he countered grinning at me letting me know that he wasn’t bothered in the least.

I grinned back and shrugged my shoulders. “I just really like Asian cuisine, or well Americanized Asian cuisine,” I admitted.

“That one time you came out to Japan you ate quite a lot of sushi,” Jack countered not really seeming convinced.

“Maybe I was just being polite,” I offered. I would have felt terrible if I wouldn’t have eaten everything off my plate in those restaurants.

Jack shook his head without answering and I started looking over the menu to decide what to order. I glanced up after a moment or two of silence and caught him staring at me with this silly smile on his face.

“Can I help you with something?” I asked raising an eyebrow at him.

His smile grew wider and he shook his head again. “We needed this,” he replied reaching across the table and taking my hand in his.

“It’s nice to know it’s just the two of us,” I agreed giving his hand a gentle squeeze.

Jack cleared his throat and started to look nervous which only made me nervous. What could Jack have to say that could possibly make him nervous? “I know it’s kind of soon in our relationship, but,” he paused biting his lip, “I mean we’ve been best friends forever so it doesn’t seem like too crazy of an idea to ask if maybe you’d want to move in with me, in Baltimore?” he asked giving me a cautious look.

I’ll admit that I was a little taken aback but I was happy. I felt a slow smile stretch across my lips.

“I mean it could wait until you finish school but I just wanted to ask,” he rambled running his free hand through his hair.

“Jack,” I beamed squeezing his hand, “You are so ridiculous, of course I want to move in with you.” He pulled my hand towards him kissing my palm. “And I can move in whenever you’re ready,” I told him rolling my eyes, “I have online classes I don’t have many limitations location wise.”

Jack was smiling so brightly causing my heart to swell to an almost uncomfortable extent.

“It would suit me just fine if you moved in as soon as we got back,” he responded.

I shook my head smiling back at him. “I love you,” I told him biting my lip.

“I love you too,” he replied just before our waitress came over to take our orders.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well I must say that I am getting really bad at updating on Friday's... In my defense I have a week left of classes and then exams which means I might miss an update but I will make it up to you! Comments wouldn't hurt in your chances for updates! They make me smile and motivate me to work harder.