Status: Note not all Japanese Slang will be correct (because i hadrly know Japanese) and Some street racing terms by be out dated or Invalid.

Hashiriya Swagger

Tick, Tick, Tick

Cloths dirty and clean were flinging into the air in various piles that were meant to be neat; however they greatly missed the mark. “Bree Honey calm down your brother’s already landed there’s not enough time to clean” Lieutenant Boswell said with slight frustration as he watched his daughter mess up his house, not that it was noticeable as he never cleaned it and she was always too busy at school and work to help clean. “Are you kidding me? You knew for like a week now, dad. A week couldn’t slip me a word about it huh?” Raquel shouted with a great huff she leered at the house in disdain “it’s filthy!” she cried in dismay, Raquel turned to face her father “and where is he going to sleep? You barely have room for me in here” she added. “Well I was thinking he takes the room in the closet and we share the living room” Lt.Boswell said, at this Raquel’s face fell “eh, I’ll just get a room in a hotel until we get this figured out or room with a friend. Look you’ve already made me late for work!” Raquel panicked before darting out the house, returning shortly after to grab her purse. “That girl” Lt.Boswell sighed shaking his head.

The next morning Raquel returned home around 5 in the morning, in her waitress uniform and hair a mess. “Who ran over you?” A male asked groggily. “Sean!” Raquel shouted in what was more of a whisper as she hugged her brother. “Dad told me what you did bro…you’ll never change will you” She said in a lecturous tone Sean shook his head “ok mom” he said with a chuckle. “Ha ha, welcome to Tokyo….now hurry up we gotta catch a few busses before we get to school” Raquel said going to the bathroom with her jeans grey flats and a grey tank top that was 3 times to big for her. “So what’s the school like here?” Sean asked Raquel on the bus. Raquel sighed “like the schools anywhere else, you’re either cool or you’re nobody, and if your Cool you’re either a prep or underground” Raquel said “Underground?” Sean asked in an confused tone Raquel laughed at her brother her blue eyes lighting up “what we nobodies call your world of fast cars and hot chicks” She said Sean nodded “well know, now that I’m here you’re not gonna be a nobody” he said Raquel rolled her eyes “yeah I doubt that, you’ll be one too just wait for it” she replied.

Raquel sat with her long time friend Kiku during lunch “so your brother is the new kid right?” Kiku asked as the two girls toss there empty trays into the trash, and headed down the halls to their lockers where they had been hanging out since their first and second years there. “Yeah..Supposedly he has a friend here already I ran into them earlier, you’ll never guess who” Raquel said. “That one guy, that doesn’t have a real name around the school, Twinkie?” Kiku asked Raquel nodded “so how’s that job of yours going? Have you made enough to put a down payment on a house yet?” Kiku asked opening her locker and grabbing her next class’s tablets out. “Which job? Job one, two, or three?” Raquel asked tiredly Kiku dropped her tablets on the ground. “Che!” Kiku called loudly before clasping her mouth closed as other students glanced at her. “I mean oh my god Raquel, last I heard you where just a Baito at Lian’s spa, but three jobs?” Kiku asked watching Raquel as she went to pick up Kiku’s tablets. “yeah well, between dad being gone with one hooker or another most of the time I’m in charge of food, lights, my essentials, and other stuff the house needs” Raquel sighed standing back up and handing Kiku her books “Arigato” Kiku said taking the books from Raquel. Raquel nodded and went to pick up Kiku’s pen that had rolled into the middle of the Isle. “Dou itta! Move it!” a guy called Raquel gasped slightly and grabbed the pen before stumbling back and falling on her tush Indian style. “Kisama!” Kiku called in disgust. “What was that?” The guy said darkly looming over Kiku whom was a small girl thin standing at 5’3. Raquel slowly got up to her feet. “Geez so I went to pick up a pen chill you could have just walked around me” She said pushing the guy out of Kiku’s face. Looking up she soon regretted it. “D-D.K” she stammered Kiku still leered at him her bark brown eyes throwing daggers. “Stop being a jerk, she was just getting a pen for me, Neela was right about you” Kiku huffed. DK went to open his mouth to say something, when another boy gabbed his arm swiftly with a light hearted smile. “Hey D.K, come on lets go” The other boy said his dark eyes shining playfully. D.K glanced down at Raquel lifting her chin as so she would look at him. Raquel jerked away from him with a glare, but it faded as soon as her eyes went to the other boys whom quickly dragged D.K off and the two were laughing and talking down the halls. “Can you believe those guys?” Kiku spat, Raquel watched them until they were out of sight. With a heavy sigh she opened her locker and grabbed her books to her next class. “hm? Oh..Oh! That’s right you’ve had a thing for Han since junior year ne?” Kiku teased. “What of it..The boy’s beautiful ok” Raquel said Kiku laughed “well you should go to one of his hangouts, you know watch him race” Kiku said playfully Raquel shook her head “I’d never fit in there…” She said. Kiku laughed “you’re a stunner Raquel…” She sighed flashing her compact mirror “everyone else see’s it but you” Kiku added in a bewildered tone. “Hey….kiku?” Raquel asked confused. “hm?” “Didn’t D.K and Han graduate last year?” Raquel asked turning to face her friend.

Later that evening after school Sean came back by the house with Twinkie, Raquel was already in her first work uniform and was headed to catch the bus. There was a loud whistle as Raquel walked out the door way. “Damn why didn’t you say you where with Bree Raquel man” Twinkie called Raquel scrunched up her face “ugh” she sighed rolling her eyes. “Man that’s my sister!” Sean said, He looked over Raquel “uh?” he asked “my work uniform…I know I look like a maid version of a traditional Chinese burger king worker.” She sighed. “Oh well you’re not going to work, I wanted to take you with us, Twinkie’s going to show me where I can get some races… wanted to introduce you to the ‘Underground’ as you called it” Sean said with a smirk, Twinkie shook his head “I’ll pass I’d rather not see my brother get his ass handed to him, almost everybody from our school is in that or wants to be” Raquel said putting on her work hat “besides, if I don’t go to work you and pops will be without food next week” Raquel added before heading down the street “wait at least let me give you a ride” Twinkie said gesturing for her to get in his green 2000 Volkswagen Touran. On the way to Lian’s Spa Sean was getting a quick lesson about what he might see when they get to the race. Raquel tried to act like she was less than interested, even though she was hanging on every work. “You don’t have time for that kind of stuff; you have to support your dad and brother” She thought, Twinkie pulled up in front of Lain’s Spa just in time to end the cruel torture. “Thanks Twinkie” Raquel said with a small smile giving Twinkie a small kiss on the cheek before hoping out the back seat of the car. “Don’t let him get into too deep trouble” She called before they pulled off. Turning around she saw some of the girls whom were at the spa as customers eyeing her down. “What’s that all about?” Raquel thought before hurrying into the building.

5 in the morning Raquel got back home, once again looking dead tired. Their father had been out all night with his new date for the night. Raquel collapsed on the sofa. “I’ve never heard of the spa that stays open that long” Sean said coming out in his Pajama pants. “It doesn’t” She muttered Sean sat down at the edge of the sofa and looked down at his tired sister. He took a sheet and put it over her. “How many jobs are you working?” He asked, Raquel held up 3 fingers “what for? Ones enough to help Mike out right?” he asked Raquel sat up on her elbows. “no most of his money goes to his dates and that car of his out back….that will probably never run again, so I’m supporting food, house hold needs, school needs, and saving up for an actual house…we can’t keep living in this small space that the Military has given dad to stay in” Raquel said. Sean frowned “you’re going to make yourself old fast” he said “good…I could use a nice old folks home to sleep in for ages…and ages, all the time in the world” she muttered the siblings glanced at Raquel’s cell phone as her alarm went off. She pushed her tired body off of the sofa “oh joy time for school” she sighed, heading towards the bathroom. “Why don’t you just stay home today?” Sean asked Raquel just laughed. Sean walked Raquel out of the school at the end of the day only to see Han waiting for him, out front. Raquel stopped and tugged at Sean’s sleeve “what did you do last night?” she asked in a cautious tone “I wrecked Mona…” He said with a sigh Raquel began to panic “you messed up one of Han’s cars! Do you know who he is?” She asked Sean nodded “I know but it’s cool I just work for him now and I owe him a car” Sean said heading towards Han. “Wait Sean…wait!” Raquel called stumbling after him. She grabbed Sean’s arm and leaned up to his ear “do you know what his work i-s” Raquel whispered but she stopped as she saw that they were standing in front of Han and his new car, he held a small playful smirk and had his eyes glued to the two of them. Raquel backed away from Sean’s side and behind him a bit. “um…Sean I needed your help remember you were supposed to tune dads car as a surprise for him remember?” Raquel said. Sean looked at her confused. “No worries Bree I’ll have your brother back in one piece enough to do it latter” Han said his face looked so care free, Raquel frowned slightly and went to say something “I’ll be fine sis, now go or you’ll be late for work” Sean said, “but-“ Raquel stammered eying Han distrustfully “Hey, Hey Twinkie!” Sean said spotting the boy headed to his car “what’s up!” Twinkie called out “could you give my sister a ride to her job again?” He asked. “For Raquel, Sure come on lets go” He said. Raquel leered at Sean before following Twinkie. “I thought you said you’d keep him out of trouble…” She said to Twinkie as she got in the car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry the first atempt to send this in failed, as only 304 words of the chapter made it through.