Sequel: Here With Me

Sunday in New York

Look After You



The next day I received a call from my landlord's wife, Mrs. Solomon, she let me know that they changed the locks first thing this morning and that the keys were waiting for me at the front desk. Hudson had offered to be late for work to drop me off at my place, but I just told him that I'd call Amelia, he then said that he didn't want Amelia to have to miss work. So he then offered Jules to be the one to drive me home, since he wouldn't be going into work today.

So Hudson left for work before noon, and a tired and hungover Jules happily drove me home. He pulled up in front of my building and put the car in park. I smiled and looked at him, "Thanks for taking me home."

"Is this the part where I'm supposed to lean over and kiss you?" He laughed, joking around. I laughed with him, lightly touching his hand. He cleared his throat and began again, "Hudson really likes you...He's been with countless girls since I've known him, but he's never showed this side of himself before...He's never talked about a girl the way he talks about you."

I smiled softly and looked up at him, starting to blush, "I really like him too. He's exactly what I need since...well, my other boyfriend wasn't exactly the greatest..."

He looked up at my bruised face and placed his hand under my chin, lifting my face. "You're perfect for each other. I think you came into each other's lives at the right time."

I smiled. "Thank you." I then opened the door and got out.

"You're welcome. Do you want help up to your place? I can take your bag for you."

"It's okay, thankfully there's an elevator. Thanks Jules, it was really nice to meet you." I chuckled, taking my bag from the back seat.

"See ya 'round Miss Moore." He chuckled.

"Bye Jules." I smiled, closing the door and going into the building. I got the keys from the front desk and went up to my lonely apartment.

I put my bag in my room and changed into more comfortable clothing. I walked out and leaned against the door frame, my arms crossed over my chest as I remembered what had happened here only two days ago. I looked down at the floor where I had been struck down, seeing dried blood on the linoleum. Knowing that I needed to wash away that blood and the memories of that night, so I went to the kitchen sink and wet down a rag and began scrubbing the floor, down on my hands and knees.

I got up and threw the rag in the garbage, sighing I walked around and accidentally kicked something on the floor. I looked down and picked it up, seeing the ring box that I had threw across the room. I sighed and sat down on the floor, leaning against the wall as I opened up the box, seeing a large diamond engagement ring. Slowly closing the box again, I broke down crying, something that I never do. I softly cried into my hands, upset from everything and so confused.

Resting my head against the wall, I lifted my eyes to look across the room out the window, seeing that I had been sitting on the floor for quite some time, the lighting outside had drastically changed. I sighed and rubbed my face, standing up and walking over to the table. Just as I had placed down the box on the table, my phone rang, so I answered it.

"Hello." I answered.

"Avery, it's Amelia, how are you?"

"I'm okay, sore. My landlord had the locks changed for me, so I'm back home now."

"Awe, well I was thinking tonight we'd have a junk food and movie night. Chinese food and chick flicks."

"Yeah sure, I'd really like that right now."

"Perfect, I'll come by after work."

"Okay, see you then."

"'kay, bye."

I hung up and walked into my bedroom and grabbed my laptop, going out again and walking into the living room. I turned on some music and listened to the sad music of Lana Del Rey as I went onto my Tumblr account and did my usual blogging. After I got tired of that, I fell asleep on the couch and must have slept for a couple hours because I was then woken up by the buzzing from my door's intercom.

"Hello?" I yawned, answering it after slowly getting to my feet.

"It's me, Amelia." I then remembered that she was coming over.

"Come on up." I buzzed the door for her and opened my door, waiting for her to come upstairs.

She smiled and gently hugged me as she came in, she had a bag of stuff for tonight. "How are you doing?" She asked as I closed the door and we came in and sat down in the living room. I brought my legs up and crossed them, resting my elbows on my knees. "I'm okay, kind of the same since we talked earlier."

"Are you still up for tonight? Or do you just wanna chill another time."

"Oh no, I really want us to hang out tonight, we haven't done this in ages! But I was gonna ask you if we could go out tonight?" I asked.

She at first looked shocked, but quickly shock turned to excitement as she was grinning, bouncing on the couch. "Really? Where do you wanna go?"

I smiled, "There's a restaurant lounge called La Maison, it's not far from here. It's in SoHo."

"La Maison? Never heard of it, it sounds fancy." She giggled, "But sure, let's go."

I got up and got excited, excusing myself to go change into something nicer. I looked in my closet and shuffled through the clothes, sighing at not being able to find anything nice enough, until I found something that still had a tag on it. It was simple but still incredibly pretty dress with an ivory top and blue-green skirt, and a black belt to keep it together. I knew I never bought this, I smiled and walked out of the room where Amelia was. I held it up.

She noticed and smiled, "You found it."

I smirked, "Did you buy this for me?"

She smiled and nodded, "Yes I did, I saw it and knew it'd be something you'd wear and like."

"...Thank you I love it." I grinned, hugging the dress.

"Now c'mon, go change, I'm starving!" She laughed. So I changed and got all ready, so she drove us to La Maison and we got a table in the back. I then noticed Hudson dressed in his chef's jacket helping a waitress take out some plates to a table.

"Ohhh, that's why we're here." Amelia raised an eyebrow at me.

"He owns this place, I wanted to check it out." I blushed.

"Or check him out." She giggled.

I elbowed her. Jules then noticed me and smiled, waving at me. He then nudged Hudson, and when Hudson saw me, he lit up. His perfect smile and light eyes met mine, making my heart race. He excused himself from the table and made a bee-line over to where we were.

"Avery, I had no idea you were coming tonight." He leaned over and kissed my cheek. "Hello, Amelia, it's nice to see you."

"Likewise." She smiled.

"Um, has the waiter taken your order yet? Like for drinks?" He asked.

I shook my head, "Not yet."

"Well I'll take your drink order, and uh, I'll get one of the girls to come over with menus right away." He spoke, keeping his eyes on me.

I blushed, "Okay. Um, I'll have an iced tea."

Amelia laughed, "She's still such a child. I'll have a...red wine."

Hudson smiled at both of us, "For sure, I'll have the waitress bring them over straight away." He hesitated but then worked up the nerve to leave.

Amelia leaned forward and rest her elbows on the table and her hands under her chin, she was grinning. "So how 'bout that kiss, huh?"

The waitress came over with menus and our drinks, I thanked her and began to flip through the menu. Looking down at the page, I replied to Amelia's childish inquiries. "What kiss, Amelia? He was just greeting me."

"Then why didn't he kiss me?" She lightly laughed.

I lifted my head, "Perhaps it's because he and I have spent a lot more time together."

She rolled her eyes and shrugged her shoulders, taking the menu and leaning back into the seat as she opened it up. I laughed and lightly kicked her under the table. She laughed and did the same. Later on after our orders were taken and meals were brought, we were eating when Hudson and Jules came over.

"Hello darling." Jules leaned down and kissed my cheek.

"Hi Jules, it's nice to see you. This is my friend Amelia." I smiled.

"It's a pleasure." He shook her hand.

Hudson placed his hand on my back, "Tonight is live music night, Jules and I usually kick it off. Um, I was wondering if you ladies were going to stay? I kind of had a song I was gonna perform."

I looked up at Hudson and had a faint smile on my face, "You...sing?"

He smiled his perfect smile and nodded, "Yeah I do, I sing and play the guitar, but tonight I'm playing the piano."

My heart just about melted. "Of course we'll stay, I'd love to hear you."

He blushed, "Great. Well, we'll be taking the stage at about 8pm, that's in...25 minutes or so."

"Yeah, he wrote you a love song." Jules laughed. Hudson punched his side, "Shut up, it's just a song. Don't creep her out."

Amelia and I started to laugh. Hudson pushed his hair back, that must have been a thing he'd do when he was nervous. "Well we should be getting back." He leaned down and was about to kiss my cheek, when I noticed the female waitresses watching us with a glare.

I whispered to him, "You're waitresses are giving me the evil eye."

He laughed. "Then let them." He lifted my chin and softly pressed his lips against mine in a sweet kiss.

I blushed after he and Jules went back to the kitchen. Turning back to Amelia, again she was grinning and had an eyebrow raised.

"I'm ignoring you." I smirked, starting to eat again.

"Well then you're gonna get it when we get back to your place." She chuckled.

About half an hour later we watched Hudson and Jules make their way to the stage, taking off their chef's coats and going to the corner of the restaurant on the small stage.

Hudson took a seat at the piano and Jules sat behind him at a drum set. Hudson turned on the mic and cleared his throat, "I smell like filet mignon and I wrote a new song last night. This is my first time obviously playing it live, so try to enjoy yourselves." His British humour made the people laugh.

I sat next to Amelia to get a better view of him, and he and Jules started. As Hudson began singing, his voice literally melted my heart. I had to hold onto Amelia's arm as I listened.

"If I don't say this now I will surely break
As I'm leaving the one I want to take
Forget the urgency but hurry up and wait
My heart has started to separate

Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Be my baby
Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Be my baby
I'll look after you

There now, steady love, so few come and don't go
Will you, won't you be the one I'll always know?
When I'm losing my control, the city spins around
You're the only one who knows, you slow it down

Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Be my baby
Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Be my baby
I'll look after you
And I'll look after you

If ever there was a doubt
My love she leans into me
This most assuredly counts
She says most assuredly

Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Be my baby
I'll look after you
(After you)
Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Be my baby
Oh, oh, oh

It's always have and never hold
You've begun to feel like home
What's mine is yours to leave or take
What's mine is yours to make your own

(3X) Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Be my baby
Oh, oh, oh."


As he sang he kept his eyes on me, I actually had to place my hand over my heart because of how fast it was beating. I couldn't stop smiling and it actually brought tears to my eyes as to how beautifully written it was. When they finished, he softly smiled and blushed. "I wrote this for a very special girl in this room. I just wanted to let you know how much you mean to me, and how much I'm willing to give you everything."

He and Jules stood up and Hudson left the stage as Jules introduced the next act. Hudson walked over to us and I stood up and met him halfway, kissing him as he gently wrapped his arms around me.

He kissed my forehead, "I know we've only known each other a short time, but what I feel for you is stronger than anything I've ever felt."

I smiled. "You mean so much to me."
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww, isn't that cute? Leave a Comment ad Subscribe :)

Avery's Dress

Song Credits to The Fray.