Status: 9/22/12- Character Tab Updated!

What You Work For

It All Started On a Skype Session...

I flopped onto my bed in my childhood room, feeling sore and uncomfortable. We were a week into training camp and had our first pre-season game in three days. To say I was nervous would be an understatement.

My phone sounded, reminding me to turn on Skype. Nick and I had managed to exchange emails a few times over the past few weeks and had put together a time when we would both hopefully be able to talk.

I logged onto my account and sat patiently with my Mac on my lap. It would probably be a few minutes before Nick was logged on as well.

To bide my time, I took a moment to observe my engagement ring. I had been wearing it on my ring finger since 2009, when he’d proposed. It hadn’t exactly been a marriage proposal, more like a promise that I’d always be there for him. After he’d gotten down on bended knee and I’d accepted, I couldn’t help but ask why he had gone for something on the extravagant side for a promise ring. He’d said he wanted it to evolve into something more later on.

At the time, I had been so happy that he was thinking about marriage. But now, I felt like we’d made no progress towards our vows. Of course, we were still young, but it had been over a two year engagement as of now.

My thoughts were interrupted by Nick’s screen name popping up on my screen. We wouldn’t have long to talk, as it was a shared computer and limited internet connection time at the base.

“Hi, beautiful,” his image crackled to life on the screen. The connection was always terrible.

I smiled. “Hey, there, handsome. How are you doing over there?”

“We’re getting on,” Nick nodded. “What about you? Do I need to come over there and kick some hockey player ass?”

“You’re so funny, babe,” I rolled my eyes. “I’m fine. Just sore from camp, that’s all.”

“First game’s coming up soon, right?” he asked.

“Mhmm,” I nodded. “Preseason starts in two days. But I don’t know that I’ll see that much playing time.”

His face clouded with worry. “Why not?”

“I was talking with Dan today, and even though he didn’t quite say it, I know what he meant,” I began. “He said that he’s not sure how the other teams are going to react to playing me. He says that he doesn’t want to risk me getting hurt or ruining my playing attitude before the season starts. I have a feeling I’ll be in the box for a few weeks.”

Nick’s face softened and he sighed. “I wish I was there with you.”

“Yeah,” I said quietly. “I do too.”

“Don’t cry, baby,” he pleaded. “You know I don’t do well with that through a computer screen.”

I sniffled and shook my head, blinking away my tears. “I’m fine, just overwhelmed, is all.”

“Let’s talk about something else,” he suggested. “I’m assuming you’re still at home.”

“Yeah,” I nodded. “Hopefully, not for long.”

“You’re looking for a house?” Nick asked with wide eyes.

I smiled. “It’s time. I’m 21, I need my own place.”

“That’s great,” he smiled. Nick turned from the computer screen and began talking to someone that I couldn’t see.

“I’ll take it you have to go,” I sighed.

Nick nodded. “I wish we had more time.”

“You do what you gotta do, Nicky,” I assured him. “I’m just over here, being the good army fiancée.”

“That’s my girl,” he smiled. “I’m gonna try to catch a broadcast of the game online with my unit if I can. But either way, I’ll be rooting for you.”

“Thanks, babe,” I smiled. “I’m sending you a jersey.”

“I’ll wear it proudly!” he said. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” I kissed my fingers and touched them to the screen and he did the same.

“I’ll do what I can to get some Skype time soon, okay?” the connection began to crackle again.

I nodded. “No worries, Nicky. Stay safe, okay?”

“I will. Don’t take too many hits, Ollie. I’ll see you,” he waved before the connection cut itself.

I hated Skype.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo, here we are!

I'm going to leave a link below to a blod entry that I posted the other day and I'd really appreciate it if you would all check it out! It relates to NaNoWriMo.

Also relating to NaNoWriMo, my stories on here. During the month of November, I'll obviously be spending all of my extra time writing my NaNo. That means that some of my Mibba stories may have to take a backseat until I have a plethora of free time. Please forgive me and stick with me!

Let me know what's on your minds, lovelies!

Please read this blog!!!!