What to Expect When You're Expecting

Brat Pack

"I want a lady doctor," Mike said on their way back from the file room.

"You want a woman to be your doctor?" Harvey questioned.

"Well yeah. With a woman it potentially eliminates any sexual attraction and she'd sympathize with the fact that I have to lug around another human being for the next couple months. Besides if I want some dude feeling me up, I've got the perfect one at home," Mike replied.

"Feeling you up? What are we fifteen? Anyway, I would get disbarred before I let someone 'feel up' what's mine," Harvey responded pressing a kiss to Mike's temple.

"Your caveman like possessiveness shows the leaps and bounds men have taken in the world of evolution," Mike said, chuckling at Harvey's words.

"What can I say? When I get something that I don't want anyone else to have, I stake my claim and it becomes mine," Harvey whispered against Mike's ear, causing him to shiver in pleasure.

"Well if that isn't the sweetest thing I've ever heard." Mike laughed as they finally reached Donna's desk where she seemed to be hard at work.

"Donna did you--"

"They're all on your desk. Names, years they graduated, where they went for undergrad and grad school, where they did their residency, and how long they've been practicing." Donna answered without looking up.

"Did you look up any--"

"Men? No. I figured Mike, and you, wouldn't want some strange man touching all over him. Only women. Also I put a to do list on top of the files, plus a folder of information on pregnancy for Mike to read through and one for the partner of the pregnant person for you," Donna interrupted again, this time looking up at them with a smile.

"You really do know everything," Mike complimented.

What can I say, it's a gift," Donna replied, flipping her hair over her shoulder.

"Remind me to give you a raise."

"That would be necessary if I didn't sign my paychecks for you," Donna replied with a wink.

"You must tell me your secrets," Mike said, leaning in over Donna's desk.

"As soon as you tell me yours," Donna replied in a low voice.

"Oh that's easy. He absolutely loves it when--"

"Remind me to never leave you two alone... ever," Harvey said, interrupting Mike. He tugged on Mike's hand, attempting to lead him towards the office.

"On the right?" Donna questioned.

"Yes, up much higher though." Mike responded.

"Really? I figured him for a middle man," Donna responded.

"Nope, further up. Towards the hair," Mike divulged.

"Neck?" Donna asked.

"Belly button," Mike responded, winking at Donna.

"You and me kid. You and me," Donna said giggling as she looked away from them and back towards her computer.

Mike laughed as he watched Harvey roll his eyes in their direction, more out of fondness for the two than annoyance.

"Only--"

"Disturb you if it's important. Got it boss," Donna said continuing to tap away on her keyboard.

Harvey was going to say something else but decided against it and settled for Pulling Mike the rest of the way into his office. He left the door open so Donna could easily get their attention is she needed to.

"Lawyer stuff first, baby stuff second?" Mike asked going to stand in front of Harvey's desk. His eyes followed Harvey as he went to stand behind his desk.

"Sounds like a plan. How long will it take you to get through those briefs?" Harvey asked, looking down at the to do list stuck on top of a stack of files to his right. He saw the first thing on the list was already crossed out. Underneath the thick black line read the words Tell Jessica.

"Donna?" Harvey hollered out in a questioning tone.

"She says she'll talk to you both together Monday after the Henderson deposition. Her office at eleven on the dot," Donna called back.

Harvey hmphed and looked at the rest of the things on the list before sitting down in his chair and picking up the stacks of files on his left.

"AC/DC or Queen?" Mike asked going over to Harvey's expansive shelf of records.

He wasn't usually the one choosing, as Harvey never really liked anyone but himself touching the wall of records. He didn't even like it when the cleaning people dusted them down. He always checked them thoroughly making sure not one was out of place and making sure the jackets where in the condition he'd bought them in. He always double checked on Mondays, knowing the cleaning crew came in on the weekends when someone was working, and someone was almost always working on the weekends.

"Black Sabbath," Harvey responded, chuckling at the look of awe on Mike's face.

"While we're working?" Mike asked, picking out the one he wanted and going over to Harvey's record player.

"It's a Saturday and the occasion calls for it," Harvey replied as he heard the sound of the band start to play in the background.

Mike turned the dial up a few notches. The sound was loud enough to fill the office, but not so loud that they couldn't hear each other, or Donna if she called them.

"Don't you think it's a little early to expose the baby to--"

"To good music? You want our child to like this new techno, washed up, dubstep mixed, cookie cutter, one hit wonder pop stuff they keep making these days?" Harvey asked.

"You say it like all the music of this day and age is bad. Some of it, isn't all bad, and since when do you know what dubstep is?" Mike asked.

"Donna sends me links. Beside the point, I want our child to like good music, the classics things--"

"Things that will make her feel like she stepped into the Breakfast Club or some other Brat Pack film from the eighties?" Mike continued.

"The eighties were a good time for film and music. The Back To The Future movies and Michael Jackson alone made it one of the best eras of all time," Harvey countered.

"I guess you're right," Mike said, ending that little discussion.

"I'm always right," Harvey stated matter of factly.

Mike rolled his eyes and wandered to the couch in Harvey's office. He settled in and looked at the 15 or so folders that were sitting in front of him. Usually he had more briefs for one case to go through than this. However with all that had happened today it looked like 2 case loads of briefs compared to the one they actually were. He found his mind wandering to the stack of files on the right of Harvey's desk. The one's he really wanted to look through. Sighing he realized the faster he went through these briefs the faster he could get to the files he really wanted to look at.

So he picked up his highlighter and the first manila folder in the set and began reading.

XXX


What felt like hours later Mike had finally finished the briefs. It felt like hours because he kept almost nodding off in between paragraphs. Finally though he'd gotten through them all and not only had he found a way to ensure that not only was the good of the company put first, but also that the case would tip in Evelyn's favor.

He looked up towards Harvey at the same time Harvey closed his computer, also finished with his work. Mike looked at the clock and it read that it was almost 1:30 in the afternoon. He got up and walked over to Harvey with the folder in his hand. He happily explained that he'd found a part of the contract where the husband had not only named his wife as the next CEO but the clause also said that signing away his position also meant he'd signed away the shares that went with it. Thus he couldn't use his shares to try and win his company back because Evelyn owned both his shares and the company.

"Gosh I thought you guys would never finish," Donna's voice rang from the direction Harvey's office door.

"I thought you had work to do for Jessica?" Harvey questioned.

"I finished that ages ago, I've been using this extra time to look through the things I plan to spoil this child with," Donna said smiling.

Mike laughed and Harvey shook his head at her, a smile forming on his face.

"I take it you want to help us pick out a doctor?" Harvey questioned,

"You know I'm better with people then either of you. Plus I bought lunch, on me," She replied holding up a bag of take out.

"You bought food you are more than welcome to help us pick out a doctor," Mike gushed, his tongue watering with the idea of finally getting more food.

"You know, you could take a lesson or two from this kid on people skills," Donna told Harvey a sweet smile on her face.

He rolled his eyes at her but took the bag of food and went over to the couch, both Donna and Mike following behind him. He sat on one end with Mike in the middle and Donna on the other side.

"Well let's get to work."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry if this is crud... but I promise it will pick up. Next chapter will jump ahead to the first doctor's appointment and stuff so be prepared for that.

Anyway it's late and I have no desire to read through this chapter that I've been writing since this time last week. smh anyways I will edit Chap 2 & 3 when my eyes aren't about to roll out of my skull.

Thanks to all who are subscribing and drop a comment let me know what you think please? it would mean a lot to me. Okay buh byes now.