Status: Will update as soon as I can :)

Make a Wish When Your Childhood Dies. Count to Seventeen and Close Your Eyes, I'll Keep You Safe Tonight.

We're gonna make it.

"Ethan, why are we walking so far?" Kingston asks after at least ten minutes of walking. His voice is droopy, he sounds very tired.

"We wouldn't be walking this long if you walked faster," Alix muttered. Ethan let out a sigh as he picked Kingston up and placed him on his shoulders.

"Tell me if you see anything King," Ethan tells the boy as he hands him a pair of binoculars. Kingston smiles wide as he scopes out the area.

"Nothing but sand and a few houses," he finally says. "I see someone on a motorbike," he adds casually. Ethan and Alix panic, looking at each other with wide eyes. "He's going away from us though," Kingston says after studying the figure carefully.

"To the house?" Alix asks trying to look around for the motorbike.

"Nope, away from the house," Kingston says looking down at Alix.

"Good," Ethan breaths out.

The rest of the walk is quite, Kingston occasionally spots a bird or some junk but no other people are seen. He sees the van from a bit away. The other two cheer, glad they are finally finished with their journey.

"When you said van Ethan I imagined a minivan," Alix says as the three of them stand in front of the vehicle.

"Well that's what Jamie called it," he mutters as he pulls Kingston down from his shoulders, keeping his eyes on the so called van. They all just stand there taking in the thing. Ethan is moving his shoulder around back and fourth and rubbing at it with his hand. He regrets carrying Kingston on his injured shoulder. He makes a mental note to have his sister look at it when they get back to the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
An update! Sorry it's so short but it's like that for a reason.

I think this story will get better.