Status: Completed

The Last Time the Rain Fell

Alone

“Jake, can you come over?” I said into my phone, awaiting a response from the boy on the other end.

“Sure,” he began, “Is your aunt home yet?”

“No, but Adam and Dallas are somewhere downstairs.” I said, already knowing with he was planning if he did end up coming over.

“Oh, I don’t know if I’ll be able to come over on second thought.”

“Really, Jake? You suddenly can’t come over?” I asked him, frustrated with my boyfriend’s actions, “I really want to see you.”

“What do you want from me, Olivia? I just remembered I need to do something with Katie.”

I groaned and ran a hand through my hair as I pushed my bangs out of my face.

“Of course you have something to do with Katie. Jake, I really wanted to hang out today.” I said, biting down on my lip to keep from letting the words I wanted to say come out of my mouth.

“Why, so we can watch movies with your cousin and Dallas? Or maybe so I can be judged by your aunt when she gets home.”

“Jake,” I began, “I really needed to talk to you about something.”

“Why do I have a feeling I’m not going to like the outcome of this?”

“Jake, I just think we’re growing apart. Plus I know you kind of like Katie and it’s not fair to either one of us if we stay in a relationship while you have feelings for someone else.”

“I guess you’re right. I guess we were better off as friends anyway. We kind of made things too complicated.”

“I’m sorry, Jake. I hope this doesn’t really change much between the two of us.” I said.

“I’m sure it won’t.” he said before hanging up.

Adam walked into my room with a smile on his face that instantly fell when he saw the expression on my face.

“You just broke up with Jake, didn’t you?” he asked me as he sat on the edge of my bed, his blue eyes looking into mine.

I nodded my head and Adam sighed before pulling me in for a warm, soothing hug that instantly made me feel better.

“Does this mean what I think it means?” he asked me, making me nod my head.

“Yeah,” I began, “If Eli wants to be with me, that is.”

“You know he wants to be with you. He’s crazy about you.” Adam said, playfully nudging me.

“What should I do?” I asked him, pulling my long hair up into a messy bun that rested on the top of my head.

“I think you should decide what to do on your own. This is one of those things that you can’t really have someone tell you.” he said, always one to give good advice.

Adam left my room and I was left alone with my thoughts. I stood up, pulling on a pair of black yoga pants from Victoria’s Secret. I pulled one of Adam’s hoodies over my head and walked down out of my room after grabbing my keys and phone. I walked down the street with my hands tucked in the pocket of the dark blue hoodie after rolling my sleeves up and soon I stood in front of Eli’s house, biting my lip. I slowly walked to the door and knocked, surprised to find that it opened easily.

“Olivia, it’s so good to see you.” Eli’s mom said when she saw me before pulling me in for a warm hug that I happily returned.

“It’s good to see you too,” I said happily as I followed her to the kitchen to see that she was cooking on the stove, “Is Eli home?”

“Yes he is, is he expecting you?” she asked curiously, obviously sensing something strange was going on between Eli and I.

“Not really but I need to talk to him about something and I figured it would be easier to get ahold of him this way.” I explained.

She nodded her head and turned back to what was cooking on the kitchen stove top, leaving me to walk up the stairs towards Eli’s room. I made my way down the hall after I reached the top of the stairs and made my way to his door, ripping it open and dropping my phone and keys out of my hand as I gasped at the sight before me and placed a hand over my mouth.

“Oh my god,” Eli began as he got off of her body, “Olive, wait!”

I grabbed my phone and keys from the floor and raced down the stairs.

“Eli, why are you going after her?” I heard Clare’s voice say, obviously jealous that I had caught Eli’s attention.

I opened the front door and hurried out of the door with Eli hot on my tail.

“Wait, Olive, please!” he said.

I kept running, my short legs and bad diet easily allowing Eli to catch up to me in no time as he wrapped his arms around me from behind, holding me in place.

“Please just let me talk.” he said to me as he held my fighting body closely against his.

I managed to get out of his grip and my fist went flying into his jaw, sure to leave a bruise that would last for at least a week and a half. I noticed that the people around us on the street were slowly down to look at the exchange between Eli and I.

“Why the fuck did you just punch me?” he asked, rubbing his jaw with fire in his green eyes.

“You don’t deserve to question me about anything.” I said with venom coating my lips.

“Olive, please don’t do this.” he pleaded.

“Are you kidding me? I came here to tell you that I was going to give you a chance and when I open your door your practically inside of Clare! What the fuck is wrong with you?” I yelled.

“What’s wrong with me? What’s wrong with you?! You said you didn’t want me because of your precious boyfriend, Jakey.”

“Yeah,” I began as I crossed my arms over my ample chest and noticed his eyes look down at my breasts quickly before turning his attention back to look into my eyes with venom, “Jakey, the person I broke up with to be with you.”

I watched as the expression on his face softened visibly and the anger left his eyes as he stepped towards me only for me to take a step back.

“Stay away from me, Eli. I never want to see you again.” I said before turning away from him and wiping the tears from my eyes, pulling the dark blue hood over my hair and making my way back home.

I noticed the extra car in the driveway as I walked towards my front door, realizing that my aunt and uncle were finally home. I opened the door and stepped through to see my aunt and uncle in the kitchen cooking with each other, happy smiles gracing their faces.

“Olivia,” Audra began as she stepped towards me and pulled me in for a hug, “Where were you?”

She pulled away and I focused my gaze on my black UGGs before shrugging my shoulders.

“Were you at Eli’s house?” she asked me, making me nod my head and sniffle slightly at the sound of his name.

“Liv,” Adam began as he walked down the stairs, “How did it go at Eli’s house?”

“What was supposed to happen at Eli’s house?” my uncle asked, worried about me being in a boys house without Adam there to ‘protect’ me.

“Well, our little Olivia here was going to tell him how she feels about him.” Adam said, ticking my ribs and earning no reaction from me.

“Liv,” Adam began with a worried tone that made Dallas, Drew, and Bianca, look towards the two of us still standing by the door, “What happened?”

I shook my head, the tears that were falling from my eyes making their way to the floor and leaving small wet spots on my boots. I sniffled and wiped my tear-stained cheek with the sleeve of the hoodie I was wearing. I slowly looked up at Adam and watched his jaw drop when he saw my face.

“Oh my god, Liv.” he said as he pulled me in for a hug that made me a sobbing mess on his shoulder as the emotions I was trying so hard to control made their way to the frontlines.

“What did he do?” Drew asked with a protective tone coating his words.

I shook my head and Adam led me to the couch before pulling me in for another embrace that left me practically sitting on his lap. When my eyes were running dry, I felt Adam’s lips place a kiss on my forehead and I smiled slightly as I cuddled into him.

“Liv, can you please tell us what happened?” Bianca asked in a sweet tone.

I looked over at her, then over at Drew as I scrambled to find a way to say what happened in a nice way.

“Um, I’ve always kind of liked him but we were just really close friends. Then, last night Eli and I-” I began only for Drew to cut me off.

“That sentence doesn’t need to be finished, just move on to the next one and keep going.” he said, making a small smile find its way to my face.

“Well, today after classes he told me that he wanted to be with me and he was going to leave Clare because he didn’t feel that way for her and stuff. I broke up with Jake today because we don’t really go together the way I thought we would and after Jake and I broke up I went to Eli’s house to give him a chance,” I said, not taking too long to stop from breath’s, “When I opened his bedroom door, well, let’s just say he wasn’t alone.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment, subscribe, and recommend. Also check out some of my other stories, all links are below.

Check out my two best friends The Beautiful Gabster who is NEW to Mibba and The Talented Katie, an old timer on this fine website we enjoy so much

If you like Ronnie Radke, read my top rated, top subscribed, top everything story Somebody That I Used To Know

For those of you that are Directioners, please check, She’s a Rebel, She’s a Saint it’s a Harry Styles fan-fic. And check out my Niall Horan story, There’s Something About Your Everything.

And, while you’re at it, please read my two Draco Malfoy fan-fic s One More Time For The Broken Hearted and my second one is a love triangle between an Oc, Draco, and Ron Marilyn Bradford and the Inheritance

If you like Black Veil Brides, check out one of my two Andy Biersack stories, I Could’ve Been Normal and also check out the prequel of my second most popular story Sterling Silver Has Never Been So Beautiful

For all those Max Green fans out there, take a look at Close To A Nightmare But Closer To A Dream

If you like Twilight, check out my first story ever, After the Lion Fell in Love With the Lamb.