Status: Completed

The Last Time the Rain Fell

Five Days

“I miss you, Liv.” my mother said to me.

I shifted on my bed and moved my phone to my other ear to get more comfortable.

“I miss you too, momma.” I began, “How’s Cameron?” I asked her, wondering about my puppy that was still with my mom.

“He’s good. He misses you, of course, but we’ll be there soon.”

I nodded my head even though she could not see me and I heard Adam calling me from downstairs.

“Adam’s calling me; he probably just wants to watch a movie or hang out. I’ll call you tomorrow.” I said.

“Alright, sweetie. I love you, send everyone my regards. she said.

“I love you too, and don’t worry, I will.” I said, hanging up the phone a moment later.

I walked down the hall and into Adam’s room to see him playing video games with Dallas and I suddenly felt very self-conscious about my body that was currently a bit too overexposed in my pajamas.

“Hey, babes.” I said happily, ruffling Adam’s hair before squeezing into the small space that was between the two of them, noticing a half-full bottle of beer sitting on the floor next to Dallas.

“Hey, bottle blonde.” Adam responded, nudging my shoulder playfully when I picked the bottle up and took a large gulp from it.

“Is there a reason you called me?” I asked him, turning my attention to the video game they were playing on the TV in front of me and putting the bottle back down in its original place.

“Your aunt’s out of town again.” Dallas said.

“Oh, the joy,” I began sarcastically, making the two teenage boys sitting on either side of me chuckle slightly, “So, what did you two have in plan?”

“Well, she did say we could have a few friends over…” Dallas trailed off.

“And if those few friends just happen to invite a few friends, we can’t help it if they misinterpret our kindness and invite a few of their friends as well.” Adam finished off.

“It’s Sunday night,” I began after calculating that it had been five days since the Tuesday night that Jake asked me to be his girlfriend, “Do you really think a lot of people are going to come to this fantastic party?”

“Dallas already called about a keg so, if you’re right and nobody comes, you and your loving boyfriend are getting drunk with us.” Adam said.

I chuckled and nodded my head.

“Have fun, but if Aunt Audra catches you guys, I knew nothing.” I said.

“Don’t worry, baby Torres, I got it all under control.” Dallas said.

I shook my head and ran a hand through my semi-tangled hair, wincing when my fingers hit one of the bigger knots.

“I think I’m gonna call Jake.” I said, standing up and walking back towards my room.

I threw myself on my bed and fished for my phone in the nightstand beside my bed. I took it out and slid my thumb across the slick screen before typing in my passcode. I pressed Jake’s name and waited patiently for him to answer.

“Hey, blue eyes.” he greeted happily, making me smile from my position on the bed.

“Hey, Jakey.” I said happily, “Do you want to go on a date today? Adam and Dallas are engaging in illegal activities and I don’t feel like being arrested today.”

I heard him chuckle a little on the other line, making me smile.

“I’ll pick you up in about an hour. Where do you want to go?”

I bit my lip, not knowing what to say since I was still not accustomed to many of the places in town.

“I still don’t really know where anything is.” I admitted.

I heard Jake chuckle again and I could almost see the light bulb appear above his head and turn bright.

“Get dressed all pretty and fancy, when I pick you up we can go for a romantic dinner somewhere.”

“Alright.” I answered.

After a moment of silence, I heard the click on the phone that meant he had hung up. I plugged my phone into the wall to charge and stood up after placing it on the night table before making my way to Adam’s room. I opened the door and leaned against the doorframe, biting my lip and looking at Dallas and Adam who had not moved from their spot on the edge of Adam’s bed.

“What time is lover boy picking you up, short stuff?” Dallas asked.

“In about an hour…” I trailed off.

“Are you sure you don’t want to stay and have fun?” Adam asked.

I shook my head causing both of them to groan dramatically.

“You know,” Adam began, “Eli’s going to be there.”

I felt my face heat up a bit for unknown reasons and I looked down, suddenly finding my feet very interesting.

“Oh, Blondie has a crush on Dr. Doom. She wouldn’t be the first girl to leave Jake for Eli.”

I decided to leave Dallas’s comment alone and I looked away from the floor and back at the two of them, my blue eyes burning into their skin. They paused their video game and they both looked at me, waiting to know what I wanted.

“Your eyes are ripping my skin off, what do you want?” Adam whined playfully.

“I might need someone to help me pick out what to wear…”

The two of them looked at each other, having a silent conversation, before looking back at me and soundlessly nodding their heads. I smiled and moved away from the doorframe, only to be called back by Adam.

“Liv,” he began, “We’re only going to help you on the condition that you need to wear whatever we pick out for you, no matter what.”

“Well, since I highly doubt you’d be allowing me to leave this house if I look like a porn star, you have a deal.”

They both stood up and the three of us walked to my room. I watched as Adam and Dallas rummaged through my closet, not letting me have a say in what was being pulled out. Once they were finished, I stood up from my bed and they moved to sit down on the edge of it.

“You can’t be serious.” I mumbled to myself.

“You asked us for help.” Dallas reminded.

“And you said that you would wear it no matter what.”

‘So much for the trust I had in Adam when it came to clothing.’

I took the outfit in, and from the leather leggings, to the shirt with the rips in the shoulder and the five inch stiletto booties; I wasn’t sure what to think.

“It’s supposed to be romantic, are you sure this is okay?” I asked them.

“You really need an older sister.” Dallas said, standing up and walking downstairs to answer the ringing doorbell.

I looked at Adam expectantly.

“Just put it on, I’m sure it’ll look great.” he reassured.

I turned and locked the door so Dallas could not come in while I was changing. I stripped myself of the tank top and comfortable yoga shorts I was wearing, not caring that Adam was in the room since we usually changed in front of each other anyway. I tugged on the skin tight pants with some difficulty and pulled on the long sleeve shirt that was surprisingly comfortable. I slipped my small feet into the booties easily and put on my beanie. My phone rang from where it sat on the night table and I picked it up quickly after shuffling over to it.

“Hello?” I asked breathlessly.

“Hey Olivia,” Jake began, “I know I’m a little early, but I’m here. Are you ready?”

“Yeah, yeah I’m ready. I’ll be down in a few seconds.” I said, hanging up the phone and shoving it in the waistband of my pants.

“Wow, you’re a keeper. You do realize most girls use purses.” Adam said from where he lay on top of my bed.

“I’m not most girls.” I answered.

Adam walked me downstairs, staying a step behind me to make sure that I did not topple over in the insanely high heels I didn’t even know I had.

“I love you. I’ll call you if anything happens.” I said to him, wrapping my arms around his waist briefly before opening the door to see Jake leaning against the truck.

I walked over to him carefully and when I stood in front of him, he wrapped his arms around me and placed a chaste kiss on my lips before opening the door for me. I got in the car and he began driving away, the house I walked out of growing smaller and smaller as we continued our journey.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know there's no Eli in this chapter but I promise you that the next chapter will be very...satisying ;)

Please comment, recommend, and subscribe.

If you like Ronnie Radke, read my top rated, top subscribed, top everything story Somebody That I Used To Know

If you like Twilight, check out my first story ever, After the Lion Fell in Love With the Lamb.

If you like Black Veil Brides, check out one of my two Andy Biersack stories, I Could’ve Been Normal and also check out the prequel of my second most popular story Sterling Silver Has Never Been So Beautiful

For all those Max Green fans out there, take a look at Close To A Nightmare But Closer To A Dream

SGTC members should definitely read The Right To Love to make Dahvie smile.

And, while you’re at it, please read my Draco Malfoy fan-fic One More Time For The Broken Hearted