Status: Completed

The Last Time the Rain Fell

Truth or Dare (Part One)

After Jake and I finished the romantic meal he had prepared for us, were in his bedroom, his blanket scrunched beneath us as he supported his body above mine and his sweet kisses were placed on my neck. He moved his lips back to mine and I felt him tangle his hand in my platinum blonde hair as he deepened the kiss. I felt my phone vibrate from where it lay in the waistband of my pants and Jake moaned from his position above me and pulled his lips away from mine, his head hanging down slightly. I chuckled and reached for the phone, making sure to ‘innocently’ rub the back of my hand against the growing lump in his jeans as I pulled the phone to my ear.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Liv,” I heard Adam’s voice say, “I hope I’m not interrupting anything, actually I hope I am in time to interrupt whatever you’re most likely doing right now, but I need you to come home.”

“Home?” I asked angrily as I threw the back of my head against the pillow and Jake’s lips moved attacked my neck much rougher then he had before once he had recovered from his state of shock, “Why do you need me to come home?”

“We didn’t tell Drew that you would be out with Jake and not here, so he’s asking for you. If I were you, I’d come home so he doesn’t castrate your boyfriend.”

“Well, can’t you just tell Drew that Jake and I are innocently playing chess.” I said, only to sound far from innocent when a bite by my collarbone from Jake brought out a loud moan from me.

“Yeah, that’s fucking believable. Besides, Eli’s here too. He said you guys have to do some kind of English project.”

I groaned out of frustration and ran a hand through my hair.

“I completely forgot about that. Tell Eli that I’ll be there soon.” I said, hanging up my phone without waiting for a response.

I looked at Jake expectantly and it was hard to miss the anger and frustration in his eyes.

“Do you mind taking me home?” I asked him, biting my lip.

Jake sighed but stood up from the bed and I stood up after him, both of us slipping on our shoes and putting our clothes back into place. We walked down the stairs and we got into the pick-up easily. Before I knew it, we were in front of the house and Jake had stopped the engine.

“Do you want to come in,” I began to ask, “The party’s probably started hours ago by now and when I finish working with Eli we can go back to you place.”

“No, it’s alright.” he said, walking me to the door in the process, “I’ll see you tomorrow morning in school. Maybe we can hang out after.”

I nodded my head and Jake leaned a bit closer to my face to place a chaste kiss on my lips that I barely had the time to return. Jake started to walk away and I opened the door to see that the party was, surprisingly, in full swing. I walked outside in search of a certain green-eyed boy to see him sitting on a small bench with Clare, Adam, and Alli near him. His arm was wrapped around Clare’s shoulders and I couldn’t help but smile at the sight of him moving his arm away from her when I walked closer to them.

“You look so pretty.” Alli said happily, pulling me in for an unexpected hug.

“Thank you.” I said in the same cheery tone.

The conversation started up again and I walked slowly over to where Eli sat. I sat next to him on one side and Clare was still keeping her ground on the other side of him.

“Hello, my dark-haired attractive best friend.” I joked, nudging him playfully.

“Hello, my blonde-haired sexy best friend.” Eli joked in the same tone, obviously not noticing that Clare tensed up beside him when the word sexy came out of his mouth.

“Do you want to go upstairs and work on the project?” I asked him.

He nodded his head and moved to stand up.

“Sure, we can use your laptop.” he said as we walked into the house and the loud pulsing music coupled with everyone’s drunken conversations surrounded us.

“On second thought,” I began, “maybe we should go to your house. We probably won’t get much work done with all of this going on in the background.”

Eli nodded his head.

“Yeah, maybe you should just go upstairs and grab your laptop and stuff.” he suggested.

I nodded my head just like he had a few moments ago and I made my way upstairs. When I opened my bedroom door, I slipped out of my heels and stripped my clothes off. I pulled on plain blue jeans, my black TOMs and a white V-neck shirt before grabbing my laptop and putting it and the charger in a bag. I walked down the stairs with the bag on my shoulder while I put my hair up in a ponytail.

“Are you ready?” Eli asked when I reached him.

I nodded my head and followed him out of the house.

“So,” I began while we walked down the block, “you don’t have a car?”

“Nah,” he said, shaking his head, “I crashed it into a wall.”

“What? Why, what happened?” I asked.

“Love makes you do crazy things.”

“So you really love her, Clare I mean.” I asked, only slightly noticing the hint of sadness in my voice.

“Yeah, I guess.” he answered as we walked up the pathway to what I assumed was his house.

“Should you really only be guessing about that?” I muttered, barely audible.

Eli shrugged his shoulders.

“Recently, I’m not one hundred percent sure about my feelings towards anything,” he said as we walked through the doorway to his home, “What about you? Are you madly in love with Jake yet?”

“I don’t know, I definitely have strong feelings for someone,” I said as the image of mossy green eyes ran through my mind, “I’m just not sure if those feelings are positive or negative yet.”

Eli nodded his head, not saying much more and the two of us made our way to his living room where he turned on the laptop that sat at the coffee table.

“What do you have in mind to write about? Whenever I start writing I usually have no idea where the story is going until the end.” he said after a few moments of silence.

“You are preaching to the congregation!” I said, “I do the exact same thing.”

“It’s choir.”

“Excuse me?” I asked, looking at him confused.

“The saying goes preaching to the choir, you’re supposed to preach to the congregation.”

“Did you know what I meant?” I asked him.

“Well, yeah I guess.”

“Then don’t be such a dick about it.”

“You’re so polite and ladylike.” he joked.

“Yeah, and you’re so incredibly many. Now, what should we write about?”

“We should write about the only thing we know. We’ll write an amazing story about two incredibly attractive friends writing their own story?” he joked sarcastically.

I nodded my head.

“Yeah, a story within a story, good job Inception. Make sure you don’t forget the part about the humble and shy green-eyed boy. I’m sure the audience will love him.”

Eli laughed a bit and we spent the following two hours typing in our own respective computers while witty comebacks were being thrown across the room.

“My half is officially finished.” I said as I added the very last period at the end of the sentence.

“You may be pleased to find out that I am done as well.” he said, saving his half on the purple USB I handed him.

“Great, now let’s just hope you’re not a horrible writer.” I said, knowing it would antagonize him to no end.

Eli opened his mouth to reprimand me, but he was cut off when the door opened and we both turned around to see who I assumed were his parents stepping through the doorway.

“Oh, Eli I didn’t know you had company over,” the woman began, “Hi, beautiful. I’m CeCe, Eli’s mom and this is his father, Bullfrog.”

“Hi,” I said as I attempted to copy the same sweet and welcoming tone she had, “I’m Olivia.”

“Oh, you’re Olivia!” Eli’s dad said happily, “I was wondering when we’d meet you. Adam was telling everybody about you.”

“I knew you two would end up together just from the way Eli was talking about you.” CeCe said.

“Oh, actually we’re not-” I began only to get cut off.

“I know I probably shouldn’t say this, but you’re just so much prettier than his old girlfriend Clare. The two of you look like a better match too because the ex didn’t exactly ever keep him up at night, but from the looks of it, the two of you won’t be having that problem.”

I felt her eyes on my exposed collarbone and remembered that Jake had bitten down on that exact patch of flesh just a few hours ago.

“Mom!” Eli exclaimed, “Olivia has a boyfriend, and I’m still with Clare.”

“Oh, well in this case I’ve managed to make things sufficiently awkward enough for the rest of the night. We’ll leave the two of you alone to finish your work.” CeCe said, dragging Eli’s dad with her as she walked up the stairs.

“I’m so sorry about that.” Eli said as we turned back to our laptops that had now gone black.

“It’s alright; when you meet my mother I’m sure she won’t let you off easy.” I said, easing the tension that surrounded the two of us.

“I should start preparing now.” Eli said with a chuckle.

I slid my finger across the screen of my phone to check the time and I gasped.

“I should be heading back.” I said, standing up and putting my laptop in the bag.

“I’ll go with you. Knowing Dallas and Adam, the party is probably still going on anyway.” he said as he stood and shoved his phone in the back pocket of his jeans.

“Yeah, if not then they’ll need my help cleaning up anyway.” I said as we walked towards the door.

Eli nodded his head and we stepped out of the doorway, Eli locking the door behind us as we began the walk back to the house that was slowly becoming my home. When we opened the front door, the party had died down and only a handful of people that were our closest friends were still hanging around in the living room with beer bottles in their hand.

“I’m home!” I called, smiling when I heard Adam’s loud cheer.

“Come sit down and grab a beer, we’re playing truth or dare.” Alli said.

“Truth or dare,” I began to ask as I grabbed a bottle and handed one to Eli before we both sat down next to each other on the couch, “Isn’t that a little juvenile?”

“Aren’t you a little too short to be calling things juvenile?” Dallas asked.

“Aren’t you a little too macho to be playing truth or dare?” I challenged, taking a large gulp from the bottle in my hand.

“So,” Adam began from his spot next to Clare, who was the only one without a bottle in her hand, “I dare you to take off your shirt and go ask the neighbors if they know where your pineapple is.”

Clare gasped, “What, no, I-I can’t do that. Give me truth.”

“No, you have to do it and you can’t switch it now. You already said dare.” Alli whined.

Clare bit her lip and shook her head. I scoffed, the attention turning to me as I chugged the remains of what was in my bottle and what was in Adam’s.

“I’ll do it.” I said, standing up and walking towards the front door.

“Why would you be willing to do that?” Clare asked.

I shrugged my shoulders.

“I don’t know, I’m a teenager, I’m supposed to do stupid things.” I said.

I turned my body away from the group and slipped the white shirt over my head, revealing the back of the black lace trimmed bra I was wearing. I heard a wolf-whistle from Dallas and I promptly flipped him off before walking out of the door and to the neighbor’s house.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is part one of a two-part update. Please comment subscribe and recommend. Please also check out some of my other stories. I hope you liked this update.

If you like Ronnie Radke, read my top rated, top subscribed, top everything story Somebody That I Used To Know

And, while you’re at it, please read my two Draco Malfoy fan-fic s One More Time For The Broken Hearted and my second one is a love triangle between an Oc, Draco, and Ron Marilyn Bradford and the Inheritance

If you like Black Veil Brides, check out one of my two Andy Biersack stories, I Could’ve Been Normal and also check out the prequel of my second most popular story Sterling Silver Has Never Been So Beautiful

For all those Max Green fans out there, take a look at Close To A Nightmare But Closer To A Dream

SGTC members should definitely read The Right To Love to make Dahvie smile.

If you like Twilight, check out my first story ever, After the Lion Fell in Love With the Lamb.