"Wrath's Career"

Act One Scene three: Wrath patches things up

There are four tables all seated at tables. Each having a conversation of their own but the words that are being said are not heard but is mouthed by the couples. Each couple has a different expression when they talk. As if they carry on a real conversation. There is one table in the corner right of the stage, There sits Wrath who scans a menu and casually sips the champagne. There is an empty table that is labled reserved. The table is placed about ten feet from where Wrath sits


(Enters another couple, Rodger and Grace They are hand in hand, and a waiter follows)
Waiter:
(sets down the menus)
I’ll be right with you.
Rodger:
(pulls out chair for Grace)
Comfortable?
Grace:
(nods) Yeah, I’m Fine.
Rodger:
(Sits downs)
They both smile awkwardly in silence.
Grace:
You (hesitantly) look nice.
(Rodger examines his coat)
Rodger:
Really? I wore this last time. You know on our first (pause) almost last date.
(There's another awkward silence)
Wrath:
(talking aloud, in the direction of Grace and Rodger) Yeah, thanks to me.
( Rodger turns in the direction of Wrath's voice, and Wrath returns the glare)
Rodger:
(rubs his neck anxiously)
(waiter enters with a bottle of champagne, and begins to pour it into the glasses, leaves after an obnoxiously long time 30 secs)
Both:
(Grace, Rodger)
I -
Rodger:
Sorry, you go first…
Grace:
I'm sorry… you know for the other night. Leaving you like that was stupid. (Head lowers)
Rodger:
No, Grace I'm sorry. If anything I shouldn't have yelled or argued with you Will you forgive me.
(looks over his shoulder at Wrath)
( The waiter stopped by her table in front of her )
Wrath:
Hello? can't you see I'm done? I'll ask for a check when I want it. Right now you're blocking my view. Why don't you make yourself useful and take this (spits gum into napkin) and throw it away. Instead of waiting around like some moron.
(Waiter gives Wrath a look of disgust and gingerly disposes of the gum)
Grace:
Oh, Rodger. don't be silly of course I'll forgive you. On one condition (Playfully) You have to admit that you like me. (folds her arms across her chest)
Rodger:
Well I - I…
(Wrath picks up a baby carrot and chucks it at him, he turns)
Wrath:
Hey pretend I didn't throw that carrot at you, but listen to me anyway. Stop being stupid… Hey Grace (loudly and obnoxiously) That guy has to tell you something you're dying to hear, should I hit him with a chair and beat some sense into him?
Grace:
No - He'll tell me if he doesn't want me to have another Sex on the Beach.
Rodger:
Guys, we all know you never had Sex on the Beach. You drank Sex on the Beach. Now Damn It, Grace I like you. You know what. I feel like I more than like you, I might love you.
Wrath:
(Claps her hands stupidly)
Ooohh he loves her. How gross. Well Guys it's been great doing business with the both of you. But my job is done and guess what…?
Both:
What?
Wrath:
I still don't give a God damn about your problem.
Grace:
I don't have a problem.
(looks at Rodger)
Wrath:
(gets up and walks to their table, leans down and says to the both of them)
Oh but you will.