Status: In progress. Deal with the wait. It's summer and the two of us have plans.

These Days

024.

As Matt came around to round up the band I realised that Jack still wasn't back, he should have been here about half an hour ago. The first time Matt called for us. Alex was pacing the room back and forth and biting the fingernails down past the tips of his fingers. I scowled at him and roughly grabbed him by the shoulder. He looked up at me and blinked in shock, opening and closing his mouth like a goldfish.

I know you know where Jack is. I thought to myself. But I'd have to ease it out of Alex. "Stop pacing you're making me dizzy," I mumbled, sheepishly.
"Sorry," he looked down shamefully and I sighed.
"Do you know where Jack might be?" I frowned. He bit his lip and tried to blink back tears, he failed letting one single bead roll down his face.
"HOLLY MADISON AND TRACE CYRUS ARE TRYING TO KILL HIM AND THEY THREATENED ME WITH TAY!" He gabbled.
"Wait. What!?" My eyes widened in an instant.

I heard Alex take in a deep breath before trying to speak again but less fast and clearer. "Holly Madison and Trace Cyrus are trying to kill Jack. They followed us here and forced me to lead them to him, they threatened to hurt Tay... I-I couldn't let them." I gazed at Alex close to tears.
"Where. Is. Jack?" I hissed through bared teeth. I couldn't help feeling hatred and resentment towards Alex, he put a person I love in danger.

"I-I don't know. They t-took him away and Holly has a gun. I didn't see Trace. H-he just wants to blackmail us into letting him into the band. I-I don't think h-he gets it." Alex stuttered breaking down. I left him on the sofa rushing to find Matt and let him know.

"MATT! FLYZIK! MICKEY! WHERE THE FUCK-"
"Zacky?" I heard a whimper behind me. I turned and saw Jack huddled up and bleeding on the floor, he raised his head weakly to look at me.
"Jack! Holy fuck!" I kneeled in front of him and noticed a bleeding cut on his shoulder. "What happened?"
"H-Holly Madison, s-she thinks I s-should marry her and I-I don't wanna. She h-hit me and it hurts," he whimpered childishly. "At least it wasn't my balls," he grinned and leaned on me.

I scooped him up and carried him to the dressing room. I placed him on the sofa and grabbed a beer from the fridge, placing it against the wound. He whimpered in pain then relaxed as the area numbed.

I knew it wasn't my fault, but I should have gone looking for him, I shouldn't have let him leave like that. I should have at least gone after him sooner, then Alex wouldn't have been so secretive when he came back and Jack wouldn't be hurt. "Jacky? Want me to get anything?" I mumbled stroking his hair gently. He shook his head and blinked up at me. "I'll get Grieco or Evan to come look after you. Or Danny or Matt... I don't know. Or one of the support bands. I'll find someone," I mumbled.

Jack just nodded in reply, I guessed he was just shaken up from what he'd experienced. I told Alex to fetch me a security guard, I decided it would be better to know for sure that Jack was safe. Maybe he'd feel more comfortable with someone more professionally trained.
"Thank you Zacky, I'm sorry I ruined your night," he sighed and looked down looking sorry for himself.
"You didn't ruin my night. I'm sorry I didn't get to you sooner." I sighed.
"She was going to shoot me then you came out," Jack babbled.

My eyes widened and I hugged him tightly to my chest.