‹ Prequel: Fairytales & Lullabies

Science & Faith

but you can't explain a love like ours.

"Where are you taking me?" Sid had put a blindfold over my eyes and led me to his car. He was driving us and wouldn't tell me where we were going.

"It's a surprise. Trust me." I stayed quiet and let him lead the way. The car stayed silent.

"Does this surprise involve food of some sort? Because I'm kind of hungry."

He laughed, "It will later. Don't worry." The car slowed down and was finally put in park. Sid opened his door and I could hear him run around to my side. He opened my door and grabbed my hands. "Okay, be careful." He helped me out of the car and we started walking.

"Just so you know, I told Greta that you spending the day with me. If you're going to kidnap me, it's not going to work." I walked with one hand in his and the other out in front of me so I didn't run into anything.

"I figured. I'll have to save that for another day." I could hear the smirk in Sid's voice. I felt a chill and we finally stopped. "Okay, are you ready?"

I nodded my head and he pulled the blindfold off my eyes. I stood in awe of the view. I had been here several times, but never from this perspective. "Wow."

Sid walked up behind me and wrapped his arms around me. "It's a beautiful view, isn't it?"

"I wish I saw this every time I went to work." We stood at the end of the bench at Consol Energy Center. As far as I knew, no one else was here.

"We've got the ice for an hour. What do you say?" I nodded my head and Sid picked up skates for us to use. I tied them up, but he just sat and laughed at me. I looked at my work and laughed too. The laces were extremely loose and the knot was a complete mess.

"Whoops." I shrugged my shoulders at him. Sid finished his skate and kneeled down in front of me to retie the skates.

When finally got out on the ice, I was a little nervous. "You know, I haven't gone skating since I was ten."

He looked at me shocked. "Greta looks like a pro out there. How are you not as good?"

"We may be 'sisters', but I never once skated with her. I always shuffled around on the ice in boots." I gripped onto his arm and we started to skate forward.

"You're not doing too bad." Sid kept his pace slow and was patient with my slow skating.

"That's because I have you here to support me." He moved his arms and shifted so he was in front of me.

"I'll always be here to support you, no matter what." I smiled and leaned in for a kiss. As soon as our lips met, I started to lose my balance. Sid caught me and pulled back up close to his body. "No matter what."
♠ ♠ ♠
Fluff!! I know it's a day late, but college is getting hectic! Hopefully I'll be able to get another chapter up Thursday, but I will for sure have another up by Friday.