Status: New story. Active.

Complicated

ER

Everything after that moment and leading up to the hospital was a complete and total blur. I sat in the waiting room next to my 5 best friends, waiting to hear if my boyfriend was going to be okay because my ex shot him in the chest. I seriously was not worth fighting over, at least to this extent. I buried my head in my hands, and felt an arm wrap around me. I looked up and saw Lauren, tears coming from her eyes.

“I love you,” was all she needed to say for me to break down in tears. I cried into her shoulder, feeling multiple pairs of arms around me. All of the guys were crying, and to see them cry, made me cry even harder. I let out a deep breath and continued to sob.

I heard a door open, and I glanced up to see the doctor walking towards us.
“The person who put pressure on Mr. Styles' wound and who gave us detailed directions saved his life," the doctor spoke quietly.

Lauren looked up and shyly raised her hand. “That would be me.”
The doctor smiled and patted her on the back, then looked at the rest of us with a comforting smile.

I wiped my tears away and cleared my throat. “So he’s going to be okay?” I said, sniffling.
“He sure is. Would you like to see him?”

I immediately jumped up and nodded. Lauren and the boys decided that I should go first, since he was my boyfriend and all. I walked into the room and saw Harry in a hospital gown, lying in bed all bundled up. Tons of wires were connected to him, and seeing hit me made me ten times more emotional. I walked over to the edge of his bed and started to sob, quietly. Just then a hand lightly touched mine and I looked up to see Harry’s eyes meet mine. His eyes were full of tears and once he blinked, tears poured down his face.

“I’m so glad you’re okay, I was so worried. Everything was my fault. If you never met me, you never would have met Nathan, and you wouldn’t have gotten shot.”

Harry put a finger to his lips. “Shh.” He grabbed my hand and held it tightly. “If I never would have met you, I would have still been thinking that true love doesn’t exist. I would still be interested in trying to get with anything that had a heartbeat. I would be still the major flirt, not being able to have a girl to call my own." He paused. "Meeting you was the best thing that’s ever happened to me. Don’t doubt it Carly, don’t doubt us. I love you.”

I wiped my tears away, then wiped Harry’s tears as well. “You’re honestly too perfect.”

He smiled and reached for his water which was on the table next to him. I grabbed it, and handed it to him so he could have a drink. I sat down on a chair and just stayed with Harry til the rest of the gang came in.

Everyone took turns hugging Harry, and talking to him. I was standing by the window, looking out at the city lights. Lauren came up behind me and spoke quietly. “I called the travel agency and hotel and everything. We’ll be going to Fiji whenever Harry is safe to go home.”

I threw my arms around her neck and hugged her like it was the last time I’d ever be able to hug her. Okay, bad analogy. I had almost lost my boyfriend, I didn’t want to think about losing my best friend. But I hugged her so tight, so tight I thought I might squeeze the juice out.

After everyone finished saying what they wanted to say to Harry, they decided to go home. Lauren asked me if I was coming but I shook my head. “I’m staying here tonight.”

Lauren kissed my forehead and walked out with the boys. I sat down next to Harry and held his hand in mine.

“You can go home if you want,” Harry’s voice was raspy and quiet.

I shook my head. “Home is wherever you are, Haz.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, so Harry's going to be okay, of course! :) I hope you guys enjoy the increased drama of these last two chapters! Another shout-out to 'ShawnieRiot' for her comment!

Image
Huge shout-out to my love, christinaxo1, who has been pushing me to update everyday. If you didn't know, Lauren in this story is based off her! She's also in my other fanfic, Lucky, ft. Niall Horan and the rest of One Direction. She also has her very own fanfic up right now, her first one too! It's called Unlikely Beginning, and of course it involves 1D! :) Go check it out!!

Enjoy!

xoxo