This Was No Accident, This Was a Therapeutic Chain of Events

Do You Still Love Me?

Image

---

Kayley's***POV

I never noticed how skinny I've become.
It's kind of sickening actually that I think about it.
After this shower I'm going outside, for once.
I need to remember what it is like in Las Vegas.
I might even bring Sadie along (Ryan's dog).
I got out of the shower and put my sweater over my clothes.
I rushed down the stairs into the backyard and found Sadie jumping up with gless as I grabbed her leash off of the wall.

"Down girl." I laughed as I clicked her leash on her and pulled her through a gate to the front of the house.
"Can I come along?" I heard Ryan ask as he stood behind me with pleading eyes.

I nodded and started to walk when he caught up with me.

"First time you've been out in a while." He broke the silence, other then Sadie's steady breath.
"Yea, thought I should come outside for once I miss the rain and snow, and just cold in general." I sighed as Sadie was leading us to a park.
"Every time I came outside I thought about you." He smiled.

I ignored his comment and took Sadie off her leash to run around carelessly as I tried to get out of this awkward conversation.

"Why are you letting me talk to you now?" Ryan asked as we walked through the twirling autumn leaves following Sadie.
"I don't know." I shrugged as Sadie met up with another dog and they sniffed each other.
"Do you still love me?" Ryan asked he stared at me long, and hard.
"M-Maybe." I said as I started to shake from being cold, and maybe because of Ryan.

He sighed and shoved his hands in his pockets and kept walking.

"I'm sorry, about everything. Everything on the football field, and not talking to you for a year, and just everything." He sighed as he shuffled his feet together.
"It's alright, it's not entirely your fault." I smiled at him assuringly.