The Bounty

Revenge

Anger. Hurt. Betrayal.

Emotions that were not particularly good for a vampire to feel, I was feeling all at the same time. I had warned them, both Stefan and Damon, "Do not trust Katherine Pierce" and yet that little bitch had weasled her way into their hearts, or should I say their 'blood streams'.

"I'm going to rip her throat out!" I snarled, hurling Amelia's coffee table into her mantle. She blinked, giving a slight frown, but continuing to listen to my rant.

Amelia Sanders was my dearest friend, and a very powerful witch. She was a little over 100 years old but, you'd never tell. Apparently she knew this spell that could slow the aging process to a near halt, her caramel skin was as smooth as the day I had met her and there wasn't a single speck of gray in her curly black locks. It was thanks to her that I was almost immune to any other witch's spells. Almost.

I gave a groan before slumping down on an empty recliner. After leaving Mystic Falls, I had ran all the way to New Jersey where Amelia had been residing for the last few years. Her apartment was small, but fairly comfortable. I felt a little bad for nearly trashing it.

"She hasn't gone far, I know I could track her down in a few days." I knew the Salvatore brothers were fond of Katarina, though neither of them had ever had the courage to confront me about it. If I had just taken her out when I'd first arrived in Mystic Falls like Klaus had told me to, none of this would be happening right now but, I wanted to know them. I loved them, both Stefan and Damon, truly. I wanted nothing more than for them to have families, real families, and grow old. I would never have wished this curse upon them. I felt tears beginning to swell up and I ripped the arm off of Amelia's recliner. "Sorry."

"Even if you do manage to find her-" Amelia began.

"When I manage to find her." I corrected her. She rolled her eyes and continued,

"You'll just be doing exactly what Klaus wants." Klaus. I grinded my teeth together in fury. "Clearly, he knew these Salvatore boys were still alive. And if you go after that doppelganger, you'll be forced to kill them." I hated that she was right. This was Klaus' way of punishing me for my failure, and probably a bit of jealousy that I had cared so dearly for two men other than himself.

"Then I'll protect her." Surprise registered in Amelia's face, "I'll make sure that Klaus doesn't lay a finger on the doppelganger and when Katherine comes back, which I know she will, I'll kill her." I stood up, ready to head back to Mystic Falls. If the Salvatore brothers were there, then Katarina wouldn't be far. I could have my revenge on both her and Klaus.

"You just make sure you know what you're getting yourself into." Amelia warned, standing up to give me a hug goodbye. I knew her warning was about Stefan and Damon and still I could not fight the flutters in my stomach at the thought of being with them again.

"I'll be sending you some new furniture." I promised, making my way to the door. I wasn't in the least bit afraid to face Katarina. Klaus, I knew, would be a fight but, they both had what was coming to them. I was the one vampire they should have avoided pissing off. If revenge was a dish best served cold, then who better to serve it than a vampire?
♠ ♠ ♠
There will be some more Salvatore in the next chapter, so if you're anxious just be a little patient.
Thank you for reading, feedback is extremely welcome!