Status: Just Started.

No Regrets.

Spinning In Circles Again.

I woke to an empty bed, something that I was not accustomed to. I quickly dressed and walked out to the living room, it was empty. I raised an eyebrow and poked my head into the spare bedroom, empty. I glanced around and noticed that someone was in the bathroom, I went to knock, but heard the shower on.

I looked around and found my phone setting on the coffee table. I unlocked it and read all of the text messages.

‘Jake called me into work early, sorry babe.’

I sighed as I replied to Roman, ‘No worries, I’ll be here when you get home.’

The next and final text was from Kennedy, ‘Went to Times Square with the boys, we tried to wake you, you shot us the finger and cussed us out. (:’

I laughed, that definitely seemed like something I would do. It took me a few seconds to snap, if Roman was at work, and Ken was with the guys, who the hell was in the shower? I glanced over and saw an umbrella, instantly I grabbed it. I slowly walked to the bathroom door and turned the knob, it was unlocked. I took a deep breath and pushed the door open, umbrella in hand ready to attack. My eyes widened; there stood John, wearing only a towel, holding in a laugh.

I placed a hand over my chest and laughed, “Roman said he was at work, and Ken said he was with the guys.”

John was laughing harder than I was, “So you assumed someone broke into your apartment to use your shower?”

“John, its New York.” I replied.

He shrugged and nodded

“Sorry, I’ll go cook breakfast.” I said, grabbing the umbrella and walking out of the room.

I shut the door and sat on the couch. There we were, having fun and joking around just as we used to. I sighed and rested my head in my hands; this was not how I pictured things would be between John and I. It was as if these four years never happened. A knock on the door pulled away from my thoughts.

I stood up and made my way towards the door. The person was practically banging down the door by the time I reached it. I pulled it open and glared down at the girl in front of me. Her hands were placed on her hips and she returned my stare.

“Uh, yeah?” I asked an attitude was evident in my tone.

“Is John here?” She questioned, trying to look past me.

I turned around and walked away from the door, “John, you have a visitor.” I shouted.

The girl walked in and slammed my door; John walked out of the bathroom. He stared past me at the girl. The look on my face let him know that she was in a terrible mood. I left them alone in the living room and walked to the kitchen. John led her to spare room, though he left the door open. I started cooking omelets, and eavesdropped on their conversation.

“Who the hell is she?” The girl asked.

“Kennedy’s sister, Kaylynn, damn you never pay attention.” He stated.

I held in a chuckle as I cut up potatoes and placed them in the pan.

Her voice sounded irritated, “You ignored my calls and texts.”

John groaned, “Emma my phone died. I didn’t plan on spending the night, but Kay’s boyfriend insisted.”

Emma laughed sarcastically, “You expect me to believe she has a boyfriend? She acts like a complete bitch.”

I reached over to turn off the stove and join in the conversation, but John’s comment stopped me.

“She does have a boyfriend, and you were the one who was banging on the damn door. I heard it all the way in the bathroom.” John stated.

I smiled, he actually stuck up for me, and I didn’t expect that.

“So you’re calling me the bitch?” Her voice was rising.

“Dear God Emma.” John practically yelled.

In all the years I’ve known John, I really never heard him raise his voice. He was always calm and collected, which made his opponent even angrier. But with him raising his voice, it proved how much things had changed.

Without warning, the bedroom door slammed; I could only hear muffled yells. After witnessing just the first few minutes of their argument I could understand why John didn’t love her; and if she was anything like all of the other girls he dated, I honestly felt terrible for him. Then again, he was the one who chose them. Emma stormed out of the room, slamming the door once again.

I stared at her, “Sweetie, you should really learn to respect other people’s things.”

I knew that comment would start something, but I was tired of her demeanor.

She scoffed, “Excuse me?”

John emerged from the room and waiting by the door.

“You heard me, this isn’t your house, so don’t come here and act like you can do what you want.” I stated.

As she stood in front of me, I used the time to look at her. Honestly, she looked like a child, but I assumed she was at least eighteen; John wouldn’t be stupid enough to date a girl younger than that.

She finally replied, “You know what sweetie, I already heard this from John, so I’m not gonna have a repeat.”

I glanced over at John who was leaning against the wall, smiling.

“Well, since you’re done with John, how about you just get off of my house.” I said, adding a smirk.

Emma was out of the door within seconds.

John took her place in front of me, “I’m sorry.”

I shook my head, “Don’t apologize on her behalf.”

“I broke up with her.” He stated.

I didn’t reply; instead I turned back around and tried to finish cooking.

John spoke up again, “For real this time. I always say it, but I never meant it before. But after last night, I realized it’s pointless to be in a relationship if I’m ever going to love her. It’s a waste of my time.”

I nodded, and turned off the stove. I threw away the food, I wasn’t hungry. John stared at me, he watched my every move.

I spoke up, “You’re right John, and it is a waste of time. But maybe, just maybe, if you chose a more mature girl; you wouldn’t waste your time.”

He nodded, “I know.”

Before I could respond, he was out the door. I stood there and stared at the doorway; he was gone. I took a deep breath; once again John O’Callaghan was out of my life. I should have known better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit.

Again, if anyone can make banners, please PM me, I really want one for this story.

Thanks for commenting;
oliviaftw

Sincerely,
Nina