Status: Finished Story, Please Enjoy!

No Peace for the Wicked

No Peace For The Wicked: Chapter Seven

I woke up with only dismay. Today was individual scores, and I was dreading to have to go do those. Nelly says it’s “vital” but honestly? Everyone dreads it, I can tell you that much.

I got my training suit on, and I headed downstairs. It was early, and individual scores start 9:30, and since I’m from two, I can’t be late. “Hey,” I said to Asada. He was reading a book and curling up on the couch. “What’re you reading?” I asked.

He got up. “Doesn’t matter.” He paused to stretch. “Are you ready? I’m going to wake Ren . . .”

“Yes.” I lie. “Can I come with you to wake him up?” I asked, with a grin.

“If you stop the creepy grin.” He replied. I followed him up to Ren’s room, and I blew a horn I found, and I told Asada to play dead. I did as well, and I saw Ren moving.

“Asada …” he looked up, to see him, but he saw nothing. He looked and he saw me and Asada, dead. “What?!” he started panicking, “They’ll think I did it!” I started laughing, and so did Asada. He picked me up my shirt collar, “What do you think you’re doing?”

“Playing a prank,” I continued laughing. He threw me back, and I hit my head. “Ouch!” I said. “It’s just a prank!” I said, “You’re getting too worked up over it.” I brushed myself off, and I went downstairs. Ren and Asada followed, and Asada kept laughing, which made Ren really mad, which made me happy.

The seats in the waiting room matched the District’s color. And mine was brown. How nice of a color. I sat down and began to wait.

. My hand was shaking, and my head was throbbing from where Ren through me back. “Walker, Maaden.” The Machine called. Maaden walked in, and after about five minutes, he was out, smiling. “Watson, Carmella.” The Machine said. The same with her. After Ren, my stomach knotted as I heard my name. “Cohan, Loren.”

I got up, and I entered the room. The GameMakers paid attention, and I threw a knife. I missed. I tried again, and I missed. What are you doing?! I got a spear in the target but I failed with about everything else. I left, and I was about to cry. I carried on to our apartment. I got there, and the scores were loading, and then they were posted.

“Let’s see here . . .
Maaden Walker:
Age: 19
Height: 6’3”
Score: 10

Carmella:
Age: 23
Height: 5’7”
Score: 10

Ren:
Age: 45
Height: 6’0”
Score: 8

Loren:
Age: 18
Height: 5’7”
Score: 6.” I didn’t feel good. My stomach churned as everyone looked at me, shocked because of last year’s performance. I didn’t say anything, and they continued watching.

“Galen:
Age: 17
Height: 5’11” ½
Score: 9

Bathlela:
Age: 20
Height: 5’4”
Score: 7

Walin:
Age: 14
Height: 5’7”
Score: 12.” A twelve? For a little boy like himself?

“Makaya:
Age: 26
Height: 5’5”
Score: 10.” I tune out. I really don’t want to hear how good the others did, but honestly? I really should. I look to see Canscota’s score, and it’s a 2. Ouch! But what’re you to expect? He’s like eighty!

I go up to my room, and I hear Ren giggling away.
Real funny, Ren.

I haven’t seen my family. I miss them so much. I wish that I could’ve seen them somehow! I sigh, wondering if Isile knows now. I didn’t even get there for her or Maddliyn’s birthday. Maddilyn’s twenty now. Isile is thirteen. I wonder if I’ll be able to see them for their next birthday.

My mother. She’s probably sick of taking care of Dad, mainly because he’s really lazy. But loveable. I don’t know why she married him, if they were so different. My Mom said she loved him no matter what he believed in. I really don’t know how that feels. I wonder if they’re proud. I mean, Dad should be. I at least won one Hunger Games. Mom, I guess, but more upset than proud, I’d guess. Isile, she’ll blow it off, and focus on herself. Maddilyn, I really don’t know, she’s quiet.

But I might never know because if I don’t come back . . .

I need to stop thinking like that. Tomorrow is interviews and I must be ready. I have to be confident in myself. That means no stuttering. Speak clearly. And I have to try to look pretty . . . I’ll need sponsers. Everyone will try to kill me. Have to be funny. I really hope I don’t fail. Just act like yourself. That’s the thing, am I funny?

I hear Ren come up to his room, and I realize it’s pretty late. I should get to bed, I know I’ll need the rest desperately for tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
I posted! This one is new, that means up-to-date. Took me a while because I had to post the other chapters on here. And that took like two hours. I'll post tomorrow!