Status: Active! feedback would be highly, highly appreciated :)

One Day

I've Found You

I paced around the room, nervously waiting for Zack to arrive. I didn’t know why I was so nervous, maybe because I’d been a bitch to him over the last couple of days or maybe because I knew deep down I had nothing on him. After all I was well aware of his situation before I decided to get myself tangled up in it.

It was 7:55, so I still had a few moments to panic before he showed up. One thing I knew about him, is that he hated being late so he always ended up being perfectly on time to almost every occasion unless he had a valid reason for being late.

“George what am I going to do?” I muttered, patting my dog on the head. He looked up at me with those big brown eyes in wonder before licking my hand. Well at least he tried.

The door ball rang, making me jump in my seat. I took a deep breath as I stood up and smoothed over my dress. I could do this, well at least I told myself that I could.

The door was open in a nanosecond and immediately I wished I had just left it shut. Zack grinned widely before presenting me a large bouquet of flowers, even if I did hate flowers, it did make it harder to be mad at him. That smile nearly made me forget why I was bringing him over here to have ‘The Talk’ but upon spotting the band on his finger, the reality of everything came swooping down once again.

“Hey..” I pushed the door and stepped to the side so he could come in. He smiled weakly and came in, fussing over the flowers in his hands. I shut the door behind us and gratefully thanked him for the gift. Hey even if I was pissed, my parents raised me to be polite.

“Hows it going?” I asked as I sat down, my eyes never leaving his. He shrugged as he crossed his arms and leaned back against the sofa. I couldn’t help but take in his appearance, his normally perfectly groomed hair was a mess and he looked like he hadn’t been sleeping. The stubble being more apparent than I had ever seen it. He still looked good, but not himself.

“I could be better. Got a lot of stuff going on, ya know?” he replied, his gaze holding mine. “Kirsten, why haven’t you been replying to my phone calls? This is killing me, I don’t deserve the silent treatment, but I think you know that already.”

I could tell he looked genuinely upset as to why I had been acting so off with him lately, but I couldn’t bring myself to be okay with all of this. I was done feeling bad though, after all of this drama with him lately, I just wanted it to end.

I took his hand in mine, forcing him to sit down next to me. I closed my eyes, tracing the callouses on his hand, focusing on how good it felt to have him here with me. I took a deep breath and looked at him with the bravest look I could muster.

I didn’t want for this to end, but what other choice did I have? We couldn’t go on like this.

“Zack,” I began, I couldn’t look at him anymore. “Ever since I met you at the grocery store that day you’ve had me under your spell. I every time I look at you, I don't know how to explain it but I get this feeling in my chest like it’s about to explode and it’s terrifying because I’ve never felt like that about anyone. Then you came into my work with your wife, and your baggage, and I couldn’t stop thinking about you. Those eyes, the way you dress. Heck even the way you roll your eyes when your angry, I love everything about you Zachary Baker but I can’t do this anymore.”

I locked eyes with him, hoping that he would say something, willing him to speak. He sighed loudly as he took my face in his hands and ran his fingers along my jaw. He didn’t say anything but instead he pulled me closer and kissed my lips gently, sending a shiver down my spine.

He pulled away after moments but kept his hand on my neck, stroking my hairline. “I think I might be in love with you, Kirsten. Just tell me the words and I’ll do it, I’ll leave her.”

“I love you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter for you guys! thank you for all the support guys .