Status: Active! feedback would be highly, highly appreciated :)

One Day

Just Friends

I sat up a in bed and yawned loudly, it was only 8am. Zack was along the corridor sleeping in the guest room, yeah you guessed right, we didn’t do anything last night. We simply kissed and then stayed up late playing Playstation 4 games. When I thought back to last night, the regret started to flood my brain.

Thankfully it was Saturday so I wouldn’t have to face my boss or Zack’s wife for a few more days. I could see that far enough, especially after last night’s events. I threw on my running clothes and grabbed my headphones, maybe a run would clear my head.

It was cold outside even though the sun was shining, although it didn’t bother me much. I was used to the cold after being brought up in New York. It comforted me, reminding me of home and the good times I had. I hadn’t honestly thought much about home lately, don’t get me wrong I had spoke to my mom on the phone but I wasn’t overly fussed in contacting anyone else.

In fact, my ex could be the last person on earth and I still wouldn’t want any contact with him.

When I got home, it was only about 8:45 so I decided to grab some breakfast and feed George. I didn’t want to wake Zack just yet so I jumped onto the sofa, deciding to watch some TV. I liked him, in fact, I liked him a little more than I should’ve. Guilt was bubbling away in the pit of my stomach as I thought about the position I was in.

“Your up early.” I turned round and saw Zack standing there half naked. His hair was messy and he was wearing a small smile.

“Well, unfortunately some of us have a slower metabolism.” I joked, grinning at him as he sat down next to me. I couldn’t help but drink his body, etching very small detail into my mind. This could be one of the last times I’d see him like this. I knew he had tattoos but I didn’t realise he was covered from head to toe.

“I know I’m absolutely gorgeous and all, but stop staring at me. Didn’t anyone ever teach you some manners, Doc.”

I smacked him, “Get dressed you slob. I can’t help but stare when your parading around my home half naked!”

He chuckled, clearing his throat. He turned so that he was facing me. “How about we go and do something today? Nothing fancy, we could just hit the mall and grab something to eat?”

I frowned, my fears growing to be realised. I’d hoped that he wouldn't want to see me again after last night. I couldn't afford for things to get complicated, not with him being married. Even if he wasn’t a client, I couldn’t be with him knowing that he was married. It was unfair to everyone concerned.

“Look Zack,” I took his hand in mine. “This, us, isn’t a good idea. I know last night was amazing and I think your a great guy but it’s wrong. How would you feel if Gena found out? Because I’m not prepared to sneak around behind her back.”

He sighed, obviously taken aback with my statement. He knew I was right. He was quiet for a few moments, silently contemplating.

“Yeah, your right but we could still be friends?” his voice sounded desperate, as if he needed me to say yes.

I nodded, biting my lip. “friends it is.”

I knew he was a little disappointed in me but it was the right thing to do. I couldn’t do that to anyone, especially after I had been cheated on before. Friends I could do, but I knew it would be strange as we had a strong attraction to each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter for you guys, I'm on a roll :) I'm still undecided on where this story is going but I have a few ideas so stay tuned!

Thanks for all the supports, means a lot!

Nicole