‹ Prequel: Find Your Own Way
Status: INDEFINITE HIATUS

Coma Therapy

Jack

Ari laid quietly in her bunk thinking about the events of the last few days. The tour had reached its second leg, her dad died, she attended his funeral, and now she was off again to continue the tour. Part of her wanted a break, but if that happened she knew she’d go back to drugs.

Finding her notebook she started writing down some lyrics that had been floating in her head for a while. And then an idea came to her.

Getting out of her bunk she made her way to the front of the bus where Liars Hate Liars were settled. They all looked up expectantly as she entered.

“What’s up?” Will asked. Will was her second favorite out of the band. He never brought up her past, and he always offered her a cigarette when he had a pack next to him.

“I was just thinking, and I wanted to add a song to my set list,” Ari said taking a seat next to Dan.

“Okay? And what are you thinking about adding?” Casey, the drummer for Liars Hate Liars, asked.

“I want to cover So Far Away,” she whispered looking down at her feet.

Pulling her close to him Dan did his best not to sigh. He knew if she even attempted to sing that song she’d break down and cry. Her father and the rest of the guys wrote that after Jimmy had passed. The meaning alone would crush her.

“I know I probably would end up crying, so I wouldn’t do it at the next show, but when I’m ready,” she said bringing her head up. “When I’m ready.”

“Alright, and you want me to help you on guitar?” Dan asked quietly. Arianna just nodded.

Image

They finally reached the first stop of the second leg of the tour and Ari was super excited. She loved Vegas. Everything from the bright lights, to the street performers, to the way it smelt.

As they walked into their the hotel they’d be staying at Ari spotted a couple fans wearing Liars Hate Liars shirts. She gave them a small smile and then pointed to Damien. He had annoyed her on the bus, telling her that she wasn’t going to be sharing a room with Dan, but him himself.

The fans jaws dropped as they looked from Ari to Damien and then back again. Ari just shrugged and nodded before settling down on a chair while Dan and Casey spoke to the tour manager.

The two fans ran over to Damien, and to Ari’s amusement, tackled him in a hug.

“What? Fuck,” Damien shouted gently throwing the girls off him. “All you had to do was ASK for a hug,” he laughed.

Smiling excitedly the two fans started chattering away, asking for his autograph, and telling him how much they loved the band.

Ari looked away to find Dan watching the scene as well. Feeling Ari’s eyes on him he looked down and tossed a key card at her. “You’re bunking with me.”

“I know,” she said rolling her eyes. “Want to bring my bag to the room, I’m going to walk the strip for a bit.”

Nodding Dan watched as she made her way out of the hotel. He just hoped she wouldn’t find any trouble, or anyone offering to give her drugs.

Image

Ari cried hopelessly as she slammed her hand against the door to her hotel room. Her key wasn’t working. And all she wanted to do was go to sleep.

Finally someone opened the door and poked their head through, “Can I help you?” an elderly woman asked. Upon seeing Ari crying she opened the door fully. “What’s wrong dear?”

“Oh,” Ari said realizing she was at the wrong door. “I’m so sorry! I thought this was my room and I just want to sleep. I’m sorry!”

A quiet gasp came from behind the elderly woman and a young girl tried to pop her head out from behind the woman. “Is it her Grandma? Is it?”

“Is it who dear?” the girls grandmother asked turning to her.

Taking this as a chance to see if it was Ari or not the girl popped her head out and squeaked. It was her. Getting around her grandmothers body the girl flung herself onto Ari in a big hug.

“You are so amazing. I love you, I can’t believe you’re here, oh my god,” the girl rambled pulling away and looking at Ari with wide eyes. “You’ve been crying! I’m so sorry about your dad, and I’m sorry that I just brought it up. I’m Ally!”

Laughing lightly Ari wiped her eyes and shook her head. “Don’t worry about it. And thanks, for your condolences,” Ari said. “I really need to go find my room though. Will I see you at the show tomorrow?”

Abby sadly shook her head. “The show was sold out before I could get a ticket,” she said, bowing her head. “But I got to meet you and for that I’m super grateful.”

Nodding Ari opened her arms to invite the girl for a hug before turning and walking away. She couldn’t help but wonder why the girl was here with her grandmother, and not her parents.

Finally finding her room, which was down the hallway just a bit more, she found Dan was still awake, quietly playing his guitar.

“You okay?” he asked seeing how distraught she looked.

“I’m fine,” she said quietly dropping on to her bed. “Hey Dan? Do we have an extra ticket?”

“Yeah, we’ve got a few, why?”

“Before I got here I ended up knocking on someone’s door thinking it was ours, and my keycard wasn’t working, and there was this girl in there, she was a fan,” she explained running a hand through her hair. “She was really excited that it was me, and when I asked if she was going to the show she had said it had sold out before she could get a ticket.”

“Oh, and you want to give her a ticket?” Dan smiled at his friend. This wasn’t the first time she had trouble with finding her hotel room. She would, quite often, get the room number jumbled and instead of going to say 404 she’d go to 440.

Ari nodded. “She’s room 606.”

“Alright, I’ll call Jazz and have him drop a couple of tickets at the front desk for them,” Dan said putting aside his guitar and going to the phone.

“Thanks Dan,” Ari mumbled succumbing to the pull of sleep.

Image

“So what are we going to do today?” James, the bassist for Liars, asked. “Casino?”

“Psh, fuck you, I’m not old enough,” Ari said.

“So,” James laughed. “Some of us can still go.”

Rolling her eyes Ari couldn’t help the remark that left her mouth. “Aren’t you guys too old to gamble?”

Roars of laughter filled the room. James was now on the floor rolling around and clutching his stomach. “You’re never too old to gamble!”

“Oh Ari, I love you,” Will laughed hugging her tight.

Sighing Ari got up from the couch and made her way to her room of the suite. Sometimes these guys could be assholes.

Hearing a knock on her door she muttered for them to come in.

“Hey,” Dan said sitting on the edge of her bed. “You okay?”

Ari nodded and bit her lip.

“I can stay with you if you want,” Dan suggested offering her a small smile.

“No you go with them, I’m just going to stay here and write some I think,” Ari said. “I’ll be fine Dan.”

Nodding Dan got up and left the room. Hopefully she would be fine.

Watching him leave Ari sighed heavily. Now she was left alone with her thoughts.

Grabbing her notebook she flipped to the page with the lyrics she was working on yesterday. Reading it over she glared. These lyrics meant nothing to her. Picking up a pen she angrily crossed out every letter eventually tearing threw the page.

Nothing she could write would make her feel any better. And if anything that made her angrier.

Throwing the notebook across the room Ari jumped off her bed and stormed into the living area of the suite. Grabbing Dan’s guitar she stormed back into her room and plopped onto the floor.

Maybe music would help.

Strumming a few notes she sighed. She wasn’t horrible but she wasn’t nearly as good as her Dad was… had been.

Picking a few more notes Ari screamed. This wasn’t right.

Ari hurled the guitar across the room into the wall. Getting up from the floor she walked to the mini fridge and grabbed a small bottle of Jack.

Clean and sober for two years and now her life was at her feet. How was she suppose to hold on?

Choking back a sob Ari twisted the cap off and took a big gulp. The drink burned its way down her throat and her tears broke free. She was becoming a prisoner once again to her addiction. And she couldn’t find it in herself to care.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next authors note is incredibly important, please read it :)

Thanks to the following for commenting:
fiction;
The Color Abi
MrsChristX
shasha24
a7x_christina
TheGoodLlama
VengeanceIsMine
SilencedByTheTrees