Uncharted

014

Image

I threw my phone onto the couch and stormed off toward the bathroom. I took the fastest shower of my life. I got changed into pretty underwear and even prettier bra, just wanting to make sure I looked pretty. I slipped on some worn and ripped black skinny jeans. I put on a loose black tank top that had a white inverted cross on it. I then pulled a black cardigan over that. I dried my hair and straightened it just enough so that my crimson hair wasn’t a giant fluff ball. I smeared some black eye makeup on and coated my lips with a deep red lipstick.

I stalked back to the living room where I could hear a lot of loud laughter coming from outside. I shoved my phone back into my pocket along with the spare key to my apartment. I slipped on a pair of black flats and walked outside where I could recognize Cooper among a group of men who were all getting high by the smell of the air.

“Hey Coop?” I called.

I heard him laugh and he then he turned to me. “I’m sorry, love. Are we being too loud?” he asked me laughing again.

“No. Just wanted to ask you something.”

“Yeah?”

“Are you smoking?” I already knew the answer by the aroma outside.

“Uh…yeah. Why?” his eyebrow shot up.

“I like to smoke.” I replied the way he had early when I confirmed that I was indeed cooking.

“Awwww fuck yeah!” he cheered making his way over to the edge of his balcony and offering me his hand to make my jump over less terrifying. Cooper and Des made it seem easy but they also towered over me. I had no idea what had gotten into me that I was acting this way, I suppose it was the beer I had not too long before.

I landed somewhat gracefully in Cooper’s arms. “Hey everyone. This is Ollie.” I could not spot one female in the crowd of people that were squeezed onto the small balcony. I assumed this was a guy’s night…plus Ollie. “Ollie, this is everyone.” Cooper laughed and led me straight to the circle of guys smoking.

It seemed like no matter what other they were passing in I ended up smoking as soon as I joined the circle. All of the guys chattering, I couldn’t really pick up on one voice in particular. I inhaled while closing my eyes, it’s been years since I’ve done this and I never thought I’d be doing it again. I slowly exhaled and opened my eyes even slower making direct eye contact with a smirking Desmond when I did. Through the smoke that was pouring out of my mouth I could see his heavy eyes glued to me.

Fuck you, Desmond. That’s all I kept thinking. Still pissed about how he had left earlier.

“Ol, I didn’t know you had it fucking in you!” Cooper cheered and patted me on the shoulder.
They had no idea about my past. They’d only ever seen good girl Ollie. They had no idea that bad girl Ollie had been anxiously waiting to get out. I hadn’t let her out since my last year of college but the combination of alcohol, a break up, and an asshole neighbor was and invitation bad Ollie couldn’t ignore.

It seemed like only a matter of a few seconds before I was inhaling again with my eyes shut gently. Bad Ollie loved it. Bad Ollie couldn’t get enough. Slowly, I exhaled opening my eyes to find Desmond’s eyes burning into me with such intensity that I had to look away.

“I haven’t done this in such a long time.” I laughed to Cooper.

“Are you having fun?” he spoke into my ear.

“So much.” I laughed again as I began to feel slightly better than I had been.

They had to have been giving me more turns than everyone else because before I knew it I was inhaling again. I exhaled and this time I made eye contact with the extremely attractive man sitting to Desmond’s left. I couldn’t help myself, I lazily smiled at him.

I don’t know exactly how long I sat there but I know when we all decided to head back inside I could feel no pain. I wasn’t as high as some of the guys were but they had obviously been smoking long before I joined their party.

Cooper pushed me down onto the couch. “Tonight was supposed be a night just for the lads…but we’re happy you came.” Cooper sang. “Cause you’re a girl.” He added afterwards.

I laughed as the attractive guy from outside shoved and xbox controller into my hand. Oh great. Now they’re going to make me play video games so they can laugh at me. Wonderful. “No. I’m no good at these sorts of things.”

“I’ll teach you. It’ll be fine.” Attractive guy said. I smiled at him, Des picked up another controller and before I knew it the screen was split in half and our little army guys were running around in a jungle. Without any warning there was a crack and my little guy dropped to the ground.

“Des killed me!” I screamed, highly offended.

“If you would just listen to James when he tells you how you play you wouldn’t have this problem.” Cooper commented bringing me a bottle of beer.

“Yeah, just listen Olivia.” Des said smirking at me. I flipped him off for using my full name.

“Rot in hell, Desmond.” I shot back. There was a chorus of shocked expressions. Apparently Bad Ollie was feeling rather feisty that night.

Eventually I began to get the hang of the game while most of the eyes played drinking games in the kitchen. My phone began to buzz in my pocket. I shoved the controller at James. “Here. Hold this.” I said and answered my phone. “Hullo!” I shouted loudly.

“Ollie.” Dylan said quietly.

“The fuck do yeh want?” I asked, my blood was boiling, I was somewhat of any angry drunk I guess you could say.

“Ol, have you been drinking?”

“I have, what’s it to you?”

“Who are you with? How are you going to get home? I’m worried about you.”

“I’m with a bunch of guys that I don’t know and the love of my life Cooper.” I grinned into my phone while I made my way from the living room to the kitchen where Cooper handed me a shot glass. Without any hesitation I downed it and handed Cooper the glass and continued on my walk to nowhere in particular. “And don’t fuckin’ worry about me pal. That’s not your job anymore. We broke up. You have another girlfriend. Go nag at her…cause honestly I don’t wanna hear it.”

I found myself sitting on the edge of the bathtub, a bottle of beer in one hand and my phone pressed to my ear with the other hand. Bad Ollie couldn’t have been more pleased by the whole scenario. I was surrounded by guys who paid me all sorts of attention, I was high, drunk off my ass, and my ex-boyfriend who I was still completely furious with was on the phone begging me to be careful because he was worried about me and he still cared about me and blah blah blah.

Des peeked his head into the bathroom while I drained the last bit of beer from my bottle and listening to Dylan talk about God knows what. I grinned at Des and used my free hand to indicate that Dylan would not stop talking. Desmond walked toward me slowly and sat on the edge of the bathtub with me. Before I could register what was happening Des had grabbed my phone out of my hand.

“Hello, whose this?” he paused to wait for the answer. I giggled and began to make an attempt to escape the bathroom. “This is Desmond. Yeah, yeah. Don’t worry about it, I’ve got her. Who is this again?” I took this as my chance to slip out of the bathroom and head back to the party.

“Ollie!” one of the guys called to me. I’m sure I’d been given his name at least a thousand times but I couldn’t remember it for the life of me.

“You!” I yelled back as I made my way over toward the kitchen table where everyone seemed to be crowded
.
“Circle of Death!” Cooper screamed waving me toward the table. I had a feeling that I’d regret playing this game in the morning.

I new right then and there that my night was about to get a lot more interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
I drank a lot of rum tonight. I'm pretty sure I'm not intoxicated. But in case there are mistakes in this I blame the rum anyway.