Hating You for Loving Me

School Days.

Image

---

“JJ get up.” Mel said as she threw my uniform at me.
“I don’t want to go to school.” I told her as I threw my uniform on the ground.
“Come on. It will be fun. Outcasts already and I’m sure there is hot guys there.” Mel said as she picked up my uniform and threw it at me again.
“I don’t care it’s not like they’re going to like us and you already know who I like.” I told her as I hid under my covers.
“JJ!” Pete yelled at the top of his lungs as he jumped on me.
“Peter Panda!” I yelled as I tried to push him off which resulted in both of us fighting on the ground.
“Okay! Break it up you two.” Patrick and Mel said in unison as they pulled us apart.
“Haha Patty Cake looks funny.” I said as I pointed as him in his uniform.
“Haha very funny! Let me see you in your uniform!” Patrick said as he grabbed my uniform yet again off the ground.
“Fine!” I yelled as I snatched it from him and slammed the bathroom door.

***

“And you say I look funny?” Patrick said with stifled laughter.
“Oh shut the hell up at least my nick name isn’t patty cake!” I said with a laugh.
“Yea, yea.” Patrick said as he blushed.
“Well at least his name isn’t Peter Panda!” Mel defended.
“I like that name.” Pete whimpered.
“How about we just go to school?” I asked as I grabbed my backpack and headed out the door as the rest followed.

***

“Hey look it’s the outcasts!” We all heard a jock yell from across the courtyard.
“Fuck off.” Pete said as we walked over towards them.
“What are you going to do pretty boy?” A guy named Travis asked.
“Oh, thanks I’m pretty now?” Pete asked as he adjusted his tie.
“No! Loser. But your friend here.” Travis said as he touched my shoulder.
“Ew! Don’t you ever lay a hand on me.” I told him as I smacked his hand away.
“Let’s go.” Patrick said.
“I agree.” Mel said as we walked away.
“We’ll deal with you guys tomorrow!” We heard Travis say.
“Yea, sure.” Pete said under his breath as we walked into English class together like we have been ever since 3rd grade.

***

“I hate school.” I sighed as I sat next to Pete at our normal lunch table outside.
“Don’t we all?” Patrick asked as he took out his lunch bag.
“Did your mommy pack that for you Patty Cake?” I asked in a little girl voice.
“No! And why are you always making fun of me, why not Peter Panda over there?” Patrick asked as he bit into his apple.
“Well, because I don’t like you like.”
“JJ!” Mel yelled.
“Oh yea, Never mind.” I told him as I started to eat my sandwich.
“Mmm, sushi.” Mel said as she ate her sushi.
“That is so gross Mel.” I told her as I ate my sandwich still.
“Mmm!” Mel said as she put a piece of sushi in my face.
“Gross.” Pete whimpered.
“Gosh, both of you like the same things and people.” Patrick said as he threw his apple core in the trash can.
“What?” I asked him as I threw my lunch bag away.
“Patrick!” Pete yelled.
“It’s true.” Patrick said as he grabbed his backpack.
“Well, whatever I’m going to skip the next few periods, I hate math anyways.” I told them as I also grabbed my backpack.
“Can I come?” Pete asked. “Of course!” I said with a smile.
“Okay, we’ll meet you after school and nothing naughty you two.” Mel said with a smirk as Patrick and her ran inside to they’re next class.