Hating You for Loving Me

Leaving

Image

---

“I have to tell you something Pete.” I told him as we sat on a hill as we sat on a hill.
“Something that no one else knows yet.” I said.
“Okay.” He told me.
“I’m moving and I don’t know when I’ll be back.” I told him as I stared at the ground.
“I’m moving to California in three days.” I said softly.
“Why?” Was all he could say.
“My mom wants me to find ‘better’ things there.” I said with a sigh.
“Why haven’t you told Mel or Patrick?” Pete asked me as he messed with his pant legs.
“Because I’m scared to say goodbye already. I don’t want to lose the three people I care about the most in this world.” I told him as I began to cry.
“It’s okay, and you will never lose us. I promise.” Pete said as he pulled me in for a hug.
“I’m sorry.” I sobbed into his red jacket.
“It’s not your fault, and I promise you we will all find each other again and we will make that band we have been talking about over the years.” Pete said as he was still hugging me.
“There you guys are.” Patrick and Mel said in unison as they came walking up to us.
“What’s wrong?” Patrick asked as he sat next to Pete.
“I’m moving away in three days.” I said in between sobs.
“What?” Mel asked.
“I’m so sorry. I’m moving away in three days to California.” I told them as I still held onto Pete.
“So you’re just going to leave us like that even though we have been through so much together?” Mel asked furiously.
“It’s not my choice!” I spat back at her.
“Sure it’s not, you have always wanted to live near Billie Joe like you would be able to hang out with him.” She said sarcastically.
“Why and the hell did you bring Billie Joe into this he is way older then me and like I give a damn about him. Whatever I’m out.” I told them as I let go oh Pete and grabbed my backpack and ran home.