Status: This is a work in progress, again please be nice in your comments. This is my first Ghost Adventures story :)

The Ghosts of Your Past Haunt Me

-019-

“I’m sorry Zak, I couldn’t bring her back,” Mr. Raines whispers, sorrow in his voice.

My world crashes down around me. Katie is lying on the floor her, beautiful and once full of life, face pale and her lovely lips a sickening blue. I fell to my knees beside her, tears flowing down my cheeks freely.

“Katie wake up! C’mon! You can’t leave me now!” I yelled at her, shaking her body violently.

She didn’t respond. I cradle her in my arms and held her to my chest. I buried my face in the crook of her neck, sobbing uncontrollably. She can’t be gone. She just can’t.


“Zak wake up!”

I felt someone shake me. My eyes fly open.

“Katie!”

“We’re at the house now. Something’s wrong with Hailey now too. Nick’s already went inside. C’mon,” Aaron said motioning for me to follow him.

I almost ripped the seatbelt off of me and ran inside the house.

“Katie!” I yelled again.

I rushed in the living room and saw her lying in the floor. My dream flooded my mind.

“I’m sorry Zak, I couldn’t bring her back.”
I walked over to her and dropped to my knees beside her. Her face still had color and her lips weren’t blue, so that meant she was still alive. I stroked her hair and kissed her forehead.

“Katie, baby, I’m here. Wake up. Please,” I whispered in her ear, a sob escaping my lips.

I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and I looked up. Mr. Raines was coming down them; a worried expression on his face.

“Is Hailey okay?” I asked more for Nick’s sake than anything.

He nodded, “Yeah she’s having a little stomach trouble. She doesn’t know if it’s the baby or what, but she’s more worried about Katie than anything.”

I hallway smiled, “Typical Hailey.”

He returned the smile, “Yeah. I’m sorry about all this Zak. I wish she’d have called me sooner.”

“What happened?” I asked, looking back down at Katie.

He took a deep breath, “They set up a video camera then Hailey took the digital recorder and Katie had the Mel-meter and a digital camera. Hailey was doing an EVP session while Katie walked around with the Mel-meter and the digital camera. Hailey said Katie walked over to the side of the couch and took a picture then she freaked out and said it was right behind her. So Hailey turned around and asked it what it wanted and apparently it yelled out Katie’s name and that’s when she started blacking out.”

Tears pricked my eyes, “Why does it want you?”

Just then Katie’s eyes flew open and she started cough and sputtering like she had been drowning. Relief washed over me and I scooped her up in my arms.
“Oh Katie!” I exclaimed, rubbing her back gently.

“Z-zak? Oh no! I am dead!” she started to cry.

I hugged her tightly, “No baby. No you’re not dead. I’m here. I’m really here.”

She threw her arms around me and sobbed into my shoulder. I pulled her into my lap and pulled her tight against my body. Tears rolled down my cheeks as relief washed over me again.

“Is Hailey okay?” she asked once she had calmed down a bit.

I nodded, “Yeah she’s upstairs. Her stomach is hurting.”

Katie let of me instantly and wiggled out of my arms before standing up and bolting upstairs. I narrowed my eyes at her as she bolted upstairs. I ignored the little pang of anger, knowing I had just almost lost her, and instead followed her upstairs.

“Are you okay?” I heard Katie ask Hailey.

I reached the doorway to their room. Hailey and Nick were lying on the bed, Nick’s arms wrapped protectively around Hailey’s waist.

Hailey nodded, “I’m fine Katie. I think I have a stomach bug or something.”

I placed my arm around Katie’s waist, “Do you guys want us to stay with you tonight?”

Hailey looked up at Nick, “Babe?”

He smiled apologetically, “Honestly I just want some alone time with Hailey. Sorry bro.”

“I completely understand. C’mon Katie let’s go home,” I said gently tugging on her waist.

She waved goodbye to Hailey and followed me down the stairs. We met Mr. Raines coming up as we were walking down.

“We’re going to head home. Thank you so much Mr. Raines,” Katie said giving him a hug.

He hugged her back, “No problem. You girls need to be more careful.”

I stuck out my hand, “I tell her that all the time.”

He shook my hand with a laugh, “She’s as stubborn as Hailey.”

I chuckled and we let our hands drop and continued down the stairs. Katie walked to the back door and let Gracie inside. She found her leash and clipped it on her before walking her towards the door. I bent down to pet her head. Aaron was waiting outside on the phone probably talking to Sharron.

“Everything okay?” he asked after he hung up.

Katie nodded, “Yeah. Just a small case of possession, but now Hailey’s feeling sick. So we’re going back to our house.”

He nodded, “Need me to drop you off?”

“Yeah if you don’t mind. You need to get home to Sharron anyways,” I said as we walked towards the van.

He nodded, “Yeah she’s worried sick about you guys.”

Katie smiled, “Tell her I’m fine and thanks for caring. Hailey said she’d be fine too. Just a stomach bug, at least we hope.”

Aaron nodded before climbing into the driver’s seat. I opened the door for Gracie and Katie. Gracie jumped in and laid down in the floorboard. Katie climbed in and I followed behind her. I shut the door and Aaron back out of Hailey and Nick’s drive. I wrapped my arms around Katie and she leaned against me. I kissed her hair and rested my head against hers. Soon we were pulling into our driveway and Aaron put the van in park.

“Thanks Aaron. See you later, bro,” I said before opening the door.

“Laters,” he replied.

Katie said goodbye as well and grabbed Gracie’s leash. I hopped out and helped Katie out and Gracie jumped out beside her. I shut the door and walked to the back of the van. I opened the door and grabbed my suitcases and shut the door back and headed for the front door.

“Shit I forgot my suitcases, purse, and Gracie’s stuff,” Katie sighed.

“We’ll get it tomorrow,” I assured her as I opened the door.

Gracie ran inside first, yanking the leash out of Katie’s hand. I chuckled at her. I let Katie in before I stepped inside and shut the door, locking it behind me. It felt good to be home, despite everything that’s happened. Katie plopped down on the couch, wrestling with Gracie to get her leash off while I took my suitcases up to our room. As I entered the room, I felt the air change. Fuck me, not again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys enjoy :)