Status: This is a work in progress, again please be nice in your comments. This is my first Ghost Adventures story :)

The Ghosts of Your Past Haunt Me

-021-

After we had returned from getting some food, we all sat around enjoying small talk as well as the food. As I ate I remembered the feeling I got when I walked into Katie and I's bedroom. I didn't know if it was the same thing that had possessed her at Nick and Hailey's or if it was just one of the regulars.

I felt a hand on mine, "You okay, babe?"

I looked up to see Katie staring at me with a concerned look on her face. I nodded and smiled at her.

"I'm fine. You about ready to go?"

She sighed, but nodded, "Yeah I guess we better. Hailey needs her rest."

I finished my burger up and balled up the trash and tossed it in the small trash can by the sink in Hailey's room. Katie was already done with hers so I balled up her trash as well and tossed it in the trash can, almost missing it this time.

"Well guys we're about to go. It's been a long day for all of us," Katie said with a tired sigh.

Everyone nodded and we made our rounds to say goodbye, Katie lingering a bit longer than me because of her closeness with Hailey's family. Finally we were through and we walked out of her hospital room. I wrapped my arm around Katie's waist as we headed for the elevator. She leaned against me and let out another sigh.

"I'm sorry... For everything," she whispered, picking at her nails nervously.

We stepped onto the elevator and I pressed the lobby button. I took a deep breath and exhaled slowly.

"I thought I was going to lose you. Then when I saw you lying in the middle of the floor, I thought I had lost you. I never want to feel like that again," My voice cracked a little at the end.

She wrapped her arms around my waist tightly as a sob escaped her lips. I slid my index finger under her chin, tilting it up so I could look her in the eyes.

"Zak I'm so, so, so sorry. I never meant to get possessed. I thought Hailey and I would be fine, b-but..." he voice trailed off as another sob escaped her lips.

I stroked her cheek with my other hand, "Shhh baby it's okay. The only thing that matters is you're both safe. Just promise me you will never do anything like that again."

She nodded her head furiously, "I promise."

I pressed my lips to hers before gently kissing her tears away. I wiped her eyes once more with my thumbs and looked into her beautiful blue/green orbs.

"I love you so much. I don't know what I'd do if I ever lost you. You are my heart, my soul, my reason for living and I'm so glad that I get to call you my wife one day."

She smiled hugely, another tear rolling down her cheek, "Oh Zak," she pressed her lips to mine hard.

The ding from the elevator broke us apart and we walked of the elevator, arms around the others waist, as we headed out of the hospital. I unlocked the door to the Camero and opened the door for Katie. She climbed in and placed her seat belt around her as I shut the door. I walked around to the driver's side and climbed in as well. Starting the engine, I put it in reverse and back out of the parking space. Once I was backed out well enough, I put it in drive and pulled off towards our house.

Image

I pulled in the driveway and killed the engine. Katie and I opened our doors at the same time and climbed out. I hit the lock button on my keyring and we started for the door. Fumbling with the keys, I finally found the right one and unlocked the door. I let it swing open so Katie could step inside first and I followed quickly behind her. Once we were inside I shut the door and locked it before walking into the living room.

"What do you want to do?" I asked as I set my keys down on the counter.

Katie shrugged, "I don't know. A shower would be nice though."

I walked over to her and scooped her up in my arms, "A shower we shall have then."

She giggled and wrapped her arms around my neck as we headed for the bathroom. I sat her down gently on the counter as I walked over to the shower and turned the water on. Letting it warm up, I turned back to Katie. She was staring at me with a smile on her face.

"What?" I asked, smiling back at her.

She hopped off the counter, "Nothing. Just looking at you."

She stepped closer to me and wrapped her arms around my neck before kissing me passionately. I placed my hands on her hips as I kissed back, slowly sliding them up under her shirt. I started lifting it over her head and we broke apart so I could. Tossing it to the floor, my eyes scanned her body hungrily. She grabbed the hem of my shirt and pulled it over my head as well.

"I've missed you," she whispered as she let my shirt fall to the floor.

I stroked her cheek, "I've missed you too."

We stripped out of the rest of our clothes and stepped in the shower. The hot water cascaded over us as I pulled Katie to me. Our lips locked and we were lost in each other beneath the water.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short and that it took so long to get this out. I hope you guys enjoy it though.