Status: ALIVE every full moon (:

Underneath the Moonlight

Someone To Protect

Isaac's P.O.V


No matter where I was, whether it was at home, school, or in the graveyard working on the backhoe, I was always thinking about her. I can recall the first moment I'd ever laid eyes on her. Both of us were about 8 years old at the same time that both of our siblings were the closest of friends. Her older brother, Chris had thrown a party and my brother Camden was invited.... but the only way he could go is if I tag along with him. Cam was hesitant at first, but since our parents wouldn't be home and with no one else to watch me, I was dragged along. The memory of that day is still fresh in my head.

Image


~~A Few Years Ago~~


I just stared out the window of the car as we passed by the scenery of the town. Mom was talking to Dad as he drove us to Camden's friend's house. I look over to see Camden on his phone, hardly ever taking his eyes off of it for a second. The car ride almost seemed to take forever and Dad wasn't really happy about that.

"Dammit Camden, how far is this boy's house?" He asked him sounding really impatient. Mom scolded at him for cursing in front of us and calmed him down a bit.

"Just make this turn here, and it'll be the huge one at the cul-de-sac." Camden told him. Within a few seconds, we are in front of the biggest house in the neighborhood. I mean, it's not really that much of a surprise seeing that Camden's best friend is rich but my jaw is still hanging out of shock. Their front lawn had a bunch of flowers which looked liked they came out of rainforest.

"Damn rich people, wanting to show off everything." Dad cursed again as he dropped us off at the entrance. Camden and I got out the car and went up to the door, where his friend Chris came to greet us.

"You boys have fun now!" Mom said as they drove off, leaving us here.

"Hey, man. Glad you could make it." Camden's friend Chris said hi to us. "Hey there, Isaac. It's been a while since I've seen you. Well come on in and make yourselves comfortable."

Chris led us into his home and I thought the place was big on the outside. Everything inside looked more huge in comparison. My gaze got distracted when I saw something at the top of the stairwell. It was a little girl about my age. She sat in the walkway with her legs dangling in betwwen the railings. The only thing that struck me was that her gaze was directed towards us but she had on a blindfold.

"Hey Laci. Don't you want to come down and greet everyone?" Chris asked from where we are. "I promise they won't bite."

She didn't say anything nor did she take her blindfold off. She got up and came down the stairwell slowly and stood at the bottom of the railing.

"Hi." Her voice barely a whisper.

"You don't have to be so shy Laci. You've met Cam before." Chris tried to get her from hiding by the stairs.

"Hey Laci. Don't you remember me?" Camden went bent down to her, with her being so short. She nodded her head, not speaking again. "How come you're blindfolded?"

Instead of answering his question, she turned to my direction. "You go to my school, don't you?"

Stunned that she talked to me, I stuttered with my answer. "Y-Yeahh. Woodland Elementary right?"

"Mhm, I think you're in my class." She spoke more clearly, ignoring my brother as she went passed him.

"Well it looks like you two have some catching up to do. C'mon Chris, let's go meet the others." Camden pulled Chris away to go to where the other party was.

"Chris?" The girl turned to his direction and he spun around, wondering what she wanted. "Is it okay if I play on your xbox?"

"Of course you can. Do whatever you want, just don't make a mess in there." Chris gave her permission as he and Cam left us alone.

"Are you hungry?" The girl asked me. I couldn't say anything but my stomach answered for me. She giggled and told me to follow her to the kitchen, so I did. We go inside the place and the aroma of food is everywhere. There was a man dressed in a tux cooking a huge amount of food. He turned around as he heard us come in and smiled in our direction.

"Hello children. I'm guessing the smell brought you in here didn't it?" He said to us as my stomach rumbled again reminding myself that I hadn't eaten in a while. The girl led me to a table where all of the food was and said to pick that I could have whatever I wanted. I hesitated at first, but once the smell hit me, I dove right in. Everything was so good, it had my mouth watering. I noticed that the girl ate too but not as much as me. It was after I had stopped eating that she said something.

"Are you and Cam brothers?" She asked me.

"Yeah, he's my older brother." I replied back.

"Oh Okay." She said. "I was wondering because you two look alike."

"You can see under your blindfold?" I asked her and she nodded yes. "Well how come you have it on? Why not take it off?"

Her facial expression changed as she quickly avoided the question. "My name's Alaycia by the way. What's yours?"

"Isaac. Isaac Lahey."

"Well Isaac, do you like to play video games?" She asked me.

"It depends on what type of games you have." I said back. She got up from her seat and told me to follow her into the living room, where Chris's Xbox was hooked up. I could see the backdoor that my brother and everyone else was outside playing in the pool. Alaycia and I went through a bunch of games before we decided on battling each other on Mario Kart. We went against each other so much, that it got really competitive towards us. I'd have to admit, for someone who's blindfolded she sure can play a mean game. As weird as this girl may seem, she's actually pretty cool.

"How about we make this fun?" She asked me. "What do you say, Isaac?"

"Already more fun than it is?" I had to think about it. "Sure. What do you have in mind?"

"Let's make it a bet." She suggested. "Whoever wins the most rounds, the loser has to do whatever the winner wants the entire time they are here."

"You sure about this?" I asked her carefully and she told me she was fine with it. "Alright then, prepare to lose then."

"In your dreams, Isaac." The battle started then. Out of the ten rounds we had to go through, it almost seemed like we were tied. After I would win, she would win. After I lost, she lost. We were neck to neck with each other, that was until the last level that I barely made it past her and crossed the finish line. I shouted in excitement when I won the last round, even jumped out of my seat and laughed. She laughed beside me and congratuated me. I looked at her and rememberd our bet.

"Since I won the match and the bet, that means you have to do whatever I say as long as I am here." I explained to her.

"Those are the rules," She said and then faced my direction. "So what do you want me to do first, Isaac?"

I had to think about it, but it only took me a second to figure out what I really wanted her to do.

"Take off your blindfold." I watched her smile fade and she lowered her head. "C'mon, you said you would do whatever I want, so take off your blindfold."

"Yeah, I did say that.." Her hand hand was slowly going to the back of her head, but then she stopped and faced me again. "Before I do this, you have to promise me something."

"Okay, what's your promise?" I was curious, but her next question kind of took me by surprise.

"Promise you won't make fun of me."

"Is there something wrong with your eyes or something? Did you get into an accident?" I questioned her wondering why she didn't want anyone to see her eyes so bad.

She shook her head no. "It's just.... everyone says my color is different from normal people's. They make fun of me at school for it. They call me a freak."

Her last comment was barely a whisper. For once, I actually feel bad for her. She must really get bullied over something as little as her eye color.

"I promise I won't make fun of you, Alaycia." I told her. She then extended out her pinky finger to seal the deal, and I let out a small laugh as I wrapped mine around her tiny finger.

"I'm trusting you, Isaac Lahey." Alaycia stated as she untied her blindfold and took it off. She faced me with her eyes still closed, and then very slowly, her eyelids opened.

As soon as I saw her eyes for the first time, I was speechless. I could see why everyone would comment on them. Her eyes are purple. Not brown like her brother's, but straight purple! They were the prettiest things that I ever seen. I came out of my daze when her voice got my attention.

"Isaac?" She looked at me and I snapped out of my trance.

"Whoa...." was all I could say.

"What is it?" She asked with a worried expression. "Are they really that strange?"

"No, no it's not like that." I reassured her, still not convinced. "Your eyes don't freak me out. They're actually pretty."

I saw red color her cheeks so quickly after my comment. "You think so?"

"Yeah, they really are. It's a shame you hid them." I don't know why I was saying all this stuff, but it made her smile so I guessed it didn't matter. We kept on playing games and eating for the rest of the time, just getting to know each other. Both of us didn't realize how much time had passed until both our brothers came and found us. Camden told me that mom and dad were on their way and to be honest, I was actually disappointed. I didn't want to leave, especially since Alaycia became the first friend I've made in a while. When our parents arrived, Alaycia and her brother led us out the front door. Before I followed Cam into the car, I turned around back to Alaycia.

"Even though our bet's over, there's still one more thing I want you to do." I told her.

"And that is?" She asked. I gave some thought on what I had to say to her, but it came out clearly.

"As long as we're friends, don't ever put on that blindfold again. Do you hear me?"

She showed me the biggest smile that she could ever put on her face. "Of course, Isaac."

Saddly, me and Camden left their place going back to our home. Even though that thought went through my head, I just kept reminding myself that I'll see her again.

Image


~~Present Time~~


Ever since that day, Alaycia and I have been inseperable. She was always by my side and I by hers. I made sure that I protected her from every bully in school who tried to pick on her, and She was with me during the times when both my mom and my brother passed. Laci became my one true friend, and after time, I had grown to love her. I thought about asking her out so many times, but I always chicked out thinking that she was too good to be true, even for someone like me.

I was there with her during that fateful night when she got kidnapped at her own party. Her brother and I ran after them as they made off with her. I tried my best to catch up with them, but they got the advantage. I can still hear her voice screaming out for me as they vanished into thin air. During that year that she was gone, I felt so hopeless.

I kept thinking to myself, 'If only I wasn't so weak, I could've stopped them. I could've saved her. My one true friend, the only person that I looked forward to on a daily basis, the only person that could make me be myself around, was ripped out of my arms. She could be dead right now, and it would be my fault because I couldn't protect her.'

A few days ago when I heard that she was found alive in the Beacon Hills Preservation, I thought I was going to burst with excitment. The first thing I did after I heard the news was to go to the hospital where she was placed. I found her in her room, but she was sleeping. I saw the damage that was done to her body and I just became so angry.

'What kind of sick sadistic people would do this to her? An innocent girl?' I thought to myself as I stared at her injured body. After all that, I was still glad that she was here, safe and in one piece. I left her a stuffed bear with a pair of her favorite kind of flowers. A few days later, one night when I was working on my backhoe at the cemetary, something strange knocked the backhoe over trapping me in a grave. I couldn't get out until a strange guy lifted the backhoe from above me and helped me out. He told that his name is Derek Hale and he also told me what he really is. At first I didn't believe him but looking at his strength and the way that he just handled that creature that knocked me over, I took his word. He told me that I could be like him, that I could be stronger and everything else. I told him that I need some time to think about it. He checked up on me the next morning when the police were investigating the grave robberies.

I had to excuse myself to go to school because of early Lacrosse practice. I thought about everything that's been happening and it caught me by surprise when I started hearing rumors that Alaycia had come back to school. I thought they were just gossip until I actually found her in the hallway during lunch period. Her back was faced towards me, but I knew it was her. I went up to her and she was so excited to see me until she saw the blackeye that was given to me by my father. I told her to not worry about it and took her into the cafeteria to get something to eat. As we were in there, I could hear the comments that everyone was making about her and as I looked at her, her face was hidden and her hands were shaking.

I hated that they jsut make up rumors about her when she has done absolutely nothing. Without hesitation, I took her out of the cafeteria and out into the hallway with me so that no one would bother her. Why couldn't people just mind their own business? I made her feel better by just not thinking about the situation. I waited until after school to see her again. I made sure my work was done and my father wouldn't notice, and then I snucked over to her place. She answered the door and she had the widest smile on her face and she jumped up to hug me. I came inside her brother's house and we spend hours just talking and watching movies. While I was with her, nothing else mattered. All I cared about was her safety and that she was here with me again.

That's when I made my decision about Derek's offer. After she fell asleep watching a movie, I left her place and headed staright to the abandoned train warehouse where Derek told me to meet up with him.

Image


"Are you sure this is what you want?" Derek asked me as I faced him.

"No." My comment caught him off guard. "This is what I need."

"After I told you about the effects of the change, what the full moon can do, and the hunters that might come after you, escpecially the Argents." He explained to me.

"Yes, all of it, I don't care. I just... I really need this, Derek." I pleaded with him.

He shook his head. "Okay then Isaac. Just one more thing before I proceed and there's no turning back." I waited for him to say what he had to say.

"Tell me why you need this change."

I told him clearly. "There's someone out there who I need to protect. I can't do that in the condition that I'm in now, that's why I need to become what you are. I need to become stronger, faster, and to not be afraid anymore."

Derek took my answer as he came towards me with red glowing eyes and his fangs extended. "Welcome to the pack, Issac."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my god!! I am so sorry for being away from all you pretty souls for so long! I just started college a few months ago and you can guess the aftermath. To be honest, I really hate school and I hate the fact that finals are so close, but will be relieved when the semester is over and I can focus on more matters at hand.

Anyways enough about my troubled life. How did you guys think of Isaac's point of view??? You finally get to know what goes through his head, espceially when it comes to Alaycia. I promise to try and have the next chapters up and running as soon as I can. Hey, I did say I'd try.

Let me know what you lovely readers thought about the chapter. Comment, Like/Dislike, Rate, Subscribe, anything!!!!

Hope to hear from you soon.
Momo~