Apologies, Glances, and Messed up Chances

You Know That!

Image

---

-Kasey's POV-

Mikey and I watched as Kimmey walked down the street and around the corner out of sight as Frank came out with two coffee cups in hand.

"Where did she go?" He asked as he looked around.
"That way." Mikey said as he pointed down the street.
"She left her hot chocolate." He said as I giggled.
"What did you say to her?" I asked out of curiosity of why she came out of the coffee shop anyways.
"It was just a joke. I thought she was joking too when she left." He said with a hint of sadness in his voice.

I felt bad for the guy.
Kimmey was always stubborn, no matter what.
Especially about relationships.

"I'll talk to her tonight. See what the hell is her problem now, and get back to both of you." I said gently as I lightly picked Mikey's arms off from around my waist.
"I really should go anyways, it's getting late." I said as I looked down the street where Kimmey just walked down.

When I glanced again at Mikey, I saw him scribbling out his 10 digit cellphone number and his 3 digit room number to a local hotel they were all staying at.

"Call me tommorrow morning. We can go get some more coffee." He smiled as I took the piece of paper from his hand.
"I'll be sure to do that." I said as I quickly gave him a kiss.

I was making my way down the street, the same way Kimmey left when I heard Frank say something else.

"Tell her I'm sorry!" He called as I nodded and kept walking.

-Kimmey's POV-

I didn't waste any time waiting for my stupid hot chocolate that I paid $3.00 for and left without saying another word.
I knew Kasey would know where I was headed, home.
To dress myself in sweat pants and a T-shirt.
And stopping by Rite Aid yet again to get another pack of cigarettes and some ice cream before I would lose myself in some movies.
I laid flat on my stomach as I watched Nightmare Before Christmas play out before my eyes, eating one of my many comfort foods, ice cream.
When I heard keys jingle in the handle of the front door thats when I decided to press pause and put my empty bowl in the sink.
I didn't bother to glance at Kasey as she stepped into the apartment and I made my way back to my room quietly.
The second I laid back down and pressed play on my remote control, Kasey entered my room.

"What was that back there?" She asked as I rolled my eyes.

I really didn't need a lecture on how I handle things.

"I left, so what, you were happy you should of stayed." I replied as I kept my eyes glued to the television set.
"Tell me your reasons for running away now." She said as she stood in front of the TV.

Bitch.

"I couldn't stand watching you make-out with someone. It's quite odd watching that if you don't know." I said as I paused the movie, once again, waiting for her to move.
"There's something else, so tell me." She said as she threatened to turn off the DVD player.
"Don't you dare." I spat as she smirked and pushed the off button.

Whore.

"I'm a vampire, so are you, were not meant to fall in love, we shouldn't even be going to shows like that." I sighed as I turned the TV off as well.
"That's why we have something to cure that." She said as I gave her a dirty look.
"Nothing can cure us, you know that! We're not normal and we never have been. Were pure blooded vampires. Which means we were like this from day one." I said as I felt my teeth start to poke at the bottoms of my lips.

They started to come out when I was angry.
That was what made me different from Kasey.
Hers came out when she got intimate with someone.

"J-Just calm down." She stuttered as I felt furious, with a lot of people and things.

I could hear the nervousness in her voice.
She hated when I became what I was in front of her.
She suffered memories from her father, who was also a vampire, and was different like me.
I was just a spitting image of her father when I became what I was.

"I need a smoke." I sighed, clearly frustrated as I ran a hand through my messed up hair and left my room, to stand out on the back porch.

This time she didn't stop me from smoking, because she really knew that I needed them to calm my nerves.

"I thought the elixir was supposed to stop that." She mumbled quietly as she silently slipped outside after she knew I was calm.
"Nothing can stop what were made from Kasey. We can't help that we're different a little from actual humans." I replied as she nodded.
"I just want to feel, real." She sighed as I felt her pain also.

It wasn't some magical story where vampires had the same life you can have.
Most vampires can't even love because it hurts when you are immortal and your lover can't live for forever.
Of course, you can bite them, make them half of what you are, but it takes commitment.
Also our lives weren't horror flicks where we just bit every person we saw.
We knew our limits.

"Just think of us as the living dead Kasey. Remember when we always thought we were the living dead when we were little. When kids use to pick on us and we never once felt physical pain." I said as I recalled the memory.
"I always try to think of it like that Kimmey, but sometimes the living dead just doesn't cut it. I want to be able to feel what everyone else feels too. I don't want to grow a million years old without being able to love one person for forever." She said as I shook my head.
"Your forgetting that we can make them half of who we are. All it takes is commitment Kasey. You know that." I said I watched her cry.
"Kimmey, how do I know who the right one is. What if I find someone so amazing, and so mezmorizing that I can't live one more day without, and they don't want to spend forever with me." She cried as I took in everything she said.
"If that person doesn't want to spend forever with you then I pity him. Kasey your my best friend and I want you to live in a fairytale where everything has a happy ending. But this is reality were talking about. I can't decide what you do with your life. But I can tell you to take chances. Don't wait for forever to tell someone you love dearly that your a vampire, because once your in too far your going to lose it." I tried to help and put my arm around her shoulder.
"T-Thanks." She sniffed as she wiped the remaining tears from her cheeks.
"I'm sorry I got out of hand earlier. I don't mean to do that and you know it. Just do what you did tonight, before one of us gets hurt when I become that way." I said as she nodded.
"Go in and get some sleep. Tommorrow we have another concert to go to." I smiled as she smiled too.

She left me standing on that back porch alone, yet again, as I lit another ciggarette.

---
-Bad, good? Anyone critics out there please. Comments are much loved, but please no spam. ( :-