And Love Walked In

Rome Haynes

"The police are here."

Even I gasp at the news and it easily gives me away because Emerson's grandfather opens the wardrobe doors and glares at me. He turns to Emerson his face red as the touch of a fire as he jabs his finger into Emerson's chest. "If the police weren't downstairs." is all he says before heading out the room.

Crawling out the wardrobe I rush to Emerson and bring him into my arms before we both head into the hall over looking the front of the house where we do see two police men standing. They glance up at Emerson and their jaws fall to the ground. I glance over to Rome as well noticing he isn't wearing make-up, his bruises and cut up face is exposed. Finger print bruises on his neck, burn scars and bruises on his arms.

"Andrew Julius Emerson you are under arrest for child abuse." the police says as they cuff Emerson's grandfather. We both gasp but Emerson falls to the floor his eyes wide and his body shaking. I lean down next to him running my hand through his hair ignoring the sounds of his grandfather screaming at Emerson calling him liar.

"Em Shh it's okay." I whisper bringing him into my arms as he sobs. "Don't cry baby it's ok."

"I'm s-so h-happy." he cries looking up at me with a smile. I lift him up easily and carry him down the stairs where another police man is waiting for us. Next to him stand Rosa dressed clothes I've never seen her in, her casual wear and next to her, her husband stands his arms on her shoulder as to protect her.

"Rosa." Emerson cries running into her arms. She instantly wraps her arms around him and holds him closely as they both crying whispering that's it's done, he's safe. I smile lightly and glance to Rosa's husband mouthing a thank you to him which he nods to with smile.

&


"Rosa you don't have to do this." I whisper as I watch Emerson sleep. We are in Rosa's home, in the spare bedroom. With everything that just happened tonight we barely got arrived at Rosa's at almost three in the morning. Emerson was tried giving his statement as well as Rosa and a few other maids and butlers that were wiling to testify to the abuse.

"He needs you now more than ever." Rosa whispers. "You will live here with us Rome, I don't care how long." Rosa says as she grabs more pillows and blankets from the spare closet in the hall.

"Your family won't have a problem with me?"

"Of course not." Rosa smiles.

"Rosa." I whisper softly as she turns to me and I can tell the look of worry in her face. Tonight she lost her job. "There's a spot open in the cafe I work at. I've very close to the boss, I'm sure she'll give you the job if I ask."

Rosa smiles kindly and I can see the tears in her eyes. "That would be lovely Rome, you are such a great boy." she whispers walking to me and hugging me. I smile lightly and hug her back wrapping my arms tightly around her. "Now go to bed you must be exhausted."

I nod an headed into the bedroom with the blankets in hand. I begin to make my bed on the floor next to Emerson's bed. "R-Rome." Emerson mumbles in his sleep.

"What's wrong?" I ask leaning over him.

"Sleep with me." he whispers pulling me onto the bed with him. I smile and grab the blanket off the ground before curling next to Emerson on the bed.

Morning come early and the sun shinning through the window is the first thing that wakes me up, the second is Rosa's son calling Emerson and I to breakfast. Sitting up in the bed I glance down to Emerson who is barely waking up. "Good morning beautiful." I whisper softly brushing out his bed hair. Emerson smiles sheepishly before yawning and sitting up as well.

"What time is it?"

I glance to the clock hanging on the wall, "Like noon."

Emerson nods softly and gets out of the bed grabbing his jeans off the ground and slipping them on. I follow suit as dress myself as well before heading into the kitchen where Rosa and her family are preparing for breakfast. "Good morning miho's how did you sleep?" Rosa asks as she sets a plate of Mexican bread on the table.

"Good." Emerson and I answer as we take a seat at the table.

"Ok so that's my husband Tony and our son Tony Jr. We call him Junior and my daughter Jessica." Rosa says introducing her family as she serves us each a plate. I watch as Jessica and Rosa serve the breakfast and soon we're eating.

"So Emerson you'll be attending normal school with Junior and Jessica next week is that fine?" Rosa ask as she piles chili on her plate.

"I've never been to public school before...I never been to school ever." Emerson mumbles sadly as she picks at his eggs and tortillas.

"It'll be fine, I promise no one will bully you." Junior speaks up smiling reassuringly at Emerson. I smile as well looking down to Emerson, I know that as long as he has Junior by his side maybe things at school won't be so bad for him.