Status: Completed and Ready For Reading!

The End; Always the End

The Hunger Games: Mine: Chapter Fifteen

I’m so scared. I know it’s different for a district two to be scared, but I am. I’m scared of Fugy. Yes, of him. What if he makes it to the end? I mean, how shall I kill him? I roll up my sleeping bag and I put the bags I have on my back. I peek out of the hole, and there is Killer and Alla – sound asleep. I thought about the thought of killing them – but I wiped it away. No more killing for me. Not at all. They aren’t going to last with Maaden, anyway. But will I last with Maaden around?

I have no clue. I try to get past, but in front of me are fall leaves that I could guess will crackle. Just great. I decide I can just jump over them because about two feet in front of me is clear land. I jump – but it’s not my fault. The Gamemakers put a field of them. I know they’re awake, and I run. “Ugh . . .” I hear the moaning of Alla. “Killer, please go back to—”

They must have seen me. I see an arrow go past my head, very quietly but very gracefully. Soon, I’m in a range of mud and dust. My foot gets caught in mud, and I want to scream, but I have to get out before they see me. I yank and yank but it won’t come out. Well, Alla’s got her wish now, she can kill me fair and square.

I look up, and there is Fugy. “Grab my hand!” he said. I obeyed, and I was lifted out. “Bye, Loren.” He ran off into the distance. I don’t have time to think about this. I would love to say thanks but I need to get out of here as fast as I can. My shoe is filled with mud, and it’s slowing me down. They’re gaining on me! I discard of my shoe and I keep running, and it’s faster now.

“You go that way, I go this way, we’re defiantly getting her, Killer,” The second I heard that, I heard crackling leaves, of someone who was really fast. I tried to keep myself going fast, but I began to get tired, and the person was getting really close. My eyes get blurry, and more, and more . . .

My eyes shoot open. I see a couple yards away from me, Maaden, Alla and Killer. They’re all – asleep? I spring up, grab my stuff, and I run. When I’ve ran a mile, I climb a tree. It’s tall, so I’d like to see the arena by it. I climb to the top, and I look. I see Maaden and Alla fighting, Fugy on the ground somewhere, and Killer near Alla helping her. The arena is so small that Fugy is really close to them.

The day grows old, and I decide to go to sleep here. I lay my head down, and I put myself to rest.

I get down from the tree – just to see the arena even weirder. Water is rising, and it’s getting really hard to stand! I put myself into a swimming position and I start swimming the water gets high enough where I just have to swim. Oh great, Alla could defiantly target me now. She’s from District four, and of course she knows how to swim.

This must be a Gamemaker trick because the stream is going down to a corridor of the arena, and everything behind me is turning into nothing. The same is happening for the other tributes, and there is Alla, Maaden, Killer and Fugy, at the same place I am.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, now Loren is stuck with monsters trying to kill her. Oh, great. Fugy isn't threatening, but the rest are - see what happens!