Status: I hope everyone enjoys this!

The Fire God's Bride

The Fire God's Bride

Alessandra’s POV:
I was amazed at the sheer number of people there were in the town when we arrived and the large crowd of people applauded upon seeing me. “Feliz cumpleaños, Alessandra,” they all shouted in unison. I smiled and nodded my thanks as I walked into the middle of the square; waiting for a young man to approach me for the honor of first dance. My friends squealed in delight as Alejandro, the son of the baker, approached me with a smile and a pretty red rose. “May I have this dance, Senorita?” I caught glimpse of his parents nodding approvingly at him and motioning for him to sweep me into the throngs of people dancing. “Of course, Senor,” I replied with a smile, “I’d be delighted.” I was swept out of my seat and into Alejandro’s arms.

“So,” Alejandro said as we waltzed around the cobblestones, “anyone here catch your fancy?” I grinned. Alejandro had been my best friend since childhood. He was like a brother to me; I could never see him as my husband. “Not especially,” I said with a laugh. He twirled me around and pulled me close again. “Look at all these poor boys,” he said with a laugh, “they’re all here to try their luck at winning your hand.” I glanced around and saw his point; almost all of the boys in the town were standing around watching us dance nervously. “I suppose,” I replied and looked up at the starry night sky, “but something doesn’t feel right; I feel like there’s someone special missing.” The dance suddenly ended and Alejandro respectfully bowed and kissed my hand. “Well then,” he whispered, “I suppose you should try to find that special guest.” I curtsied respectfully as I made my way from the dance floor and back to my friends. I just couldn’t shake that feeling that the person I was searching for hadn’t arrived yet.

Thomas POV:
I made my way through the throngs of villagers dancing around in the town square, searching for her. It shouldn’t be this hard to find Alessandra; she was the most beautiful girl in the town. I heard a slight gasp and looked behind me cautiously. There stood one of Alessandra’s friends. “Well hello there,” she said flirtatiously, “would you mind sharing a dance?” I groaned inwardly; why now of all times? “Of course,” I replied, taking her hand and waist as the band struck up a sweet song. She batted her eyelashes at me and pressed herself firmly against my chest which was making me very uncomfortable. I just had to make it through this one dance and retreat somewhere out of the view of these other women.

That opportunity came when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around a young boy stood there twiddling his thumbs and smiling meekly. I grinned at him and swung the girl into his arms. She wasn’t too pleased at first but soon the two were laughing. I made my way, unnoticed, into the shadowy alley in between the bakery and the florist shop. I glanced over the crowd and suddenly my eyes found Alessandra. She looked beyond beautiful in her gorgeous white dress. Then I found her father and mother who were watching her with smiles of anticipation. Her father held the bouquet of white roses bound together by a gold chain with a ruby charm. I reached into my pocket and found the twin to the necklace entwined around the roses. With my red rose in hand and the necklace tucked safely inside my pocket, I made my way through the crowd and into the middle of the square. I knew all eyes were on me as I walked towards Alessandra and her friends. This was it.

Alessandra’s POV:
“Alessandra,” my friend Maria whispered excitedly, “look at the man approaching you now.” I grinned and turned around. My eyes met his and the smile dropped from my face. It was the man from the painting in the temple. It was the Fire God. He came to a stop in front of me and bowed. “Will you honor me with this dance, Senorita?” I looked at his outstretched hand and balked. I quickly remembered my manners however. “Of course, Senor,” I said with a small smiling, placing my hand in his, “it would be my pleasure.” He led me out into the middle of the square, leaving a trail of gasping and swooning women behind us. We reached the middle and he gently put his hand around my waist as the band began playing a very sensual and romantic song.

“You look absolutely radiant, Alessandra,” he murmured; his deep, pleasurable voice vibrating through my very being. I smiled up at him as he dipped me. “You look very handsome,” I replied, a smirk playing across my face, “Fire God.” He smiled, brushing a stray hair from my cheek. “So you’ve already figured out who I am,” he said softly, twirling me, “I prefer the name Thomas if you don’t mind, cara.” I looked up into his dark eyes and felt myself quiver and my heartbeat race. He was so handsome and charming. “Well, Thomas,” I said softly, “I have a question for you.” I was pressed gently against his chest and he smiled down at me. “You’re wondering why I chose you,” he replied simply. I was shocked. It was if he had read my mind! “Well yes, actually,” I replied cautiously, “why not some other girl?” I caught sight of my parents and Abuela. My abuela was giving me that excited look and in that moment, I knew that she had figured out who this man was.

“I have searched for a woman with enough fire and stubbornness to match my own for over a thousand years,” he explained, “and I have never found someone as beautiful, fiery, intelligent, and stubborn as you, Alessandra.” He tilted my face upwards so that I was looking directly at his face. “That’s why I have chosen you,” He murmured, pulling me back to him again. I smiled and allowed my hand to drift to touch his cheek. He was so warm and his skin was velvety soft; like a rabbits. He smiled and grasped my hand, kissing it softly. The song came to a close and he bowed to me, rising up after a minute. I curtsied traditionally and then placed my hand in his once more. “I trust you know what this means,” Thomas said softly. I nodded. “I understand,” I whispered back, “I’m ready.”

The music ended and everyone stopped and watched as Thomas walked with me towards my parents. I watched as the girls faces were awash with jealously and the boys’ were masked with disappointment. My father watched Thomas cautiously; inspecting him closely as we came to a stop in front of them. “Senor, I offer this red rose as a token of good faith,” Thomas said fluidly, holding out the gorgeous red rose, “I come here to humbly ask you for your daughter’s hand in marriage.” My father looked at the beautiful rose and then me. I smiled at him, reassuring him that I had made my decision. He kept a strict face even though his eyes were glistening with tears of pride. “Well young man,” he said softly, giving Thomas his undivided attention, “what can you offer my daughter?” My mother glanced at Thomas, as did my grandparents, waiting for an answer.

I watched as Thomas placed his hand in his pocket and withdrew an exact double of my mother’s engagement necklace. Gasps rippled throughout the crowd and even my parents and grandparents couldn’t stifle theirs. “I can offer her the title of my wife,” Thomas replied respectfully, “and the title of the Goddess of Fire.” My mother looked as if she were about to faint and my father had turned pale. My grandfather looked absolutely stunned as he glanced at my grandmother, who was beaming. “I told you,” she proclaimed proudly, “she was always the one and I knew it from the moment she first cried.” My mother let out a small laugh and wiped a few tears from her eyes. “You have my blessing as a mother,” she said softly, taking my free hand. She looked back at my father. “Valentin,” she murmured, waking my father out of his trance, “I believe you also have to bless this decision.” My father shook off his initial shock and, after clearing his throat, placed his hand on my mother’s. “I give you my daughter, Alessandra Valentina Christianna Vera Cruz, as your bride,” he said softly, he and my mother placing my hand onto the warm palm of the Fire God, “may you love her as she should be loved, cherish her as she should be cherished, and treasure her always.”

My grandfather handed my mother a handkerchief as she began to cry. “I will Senor Cruz,” came the sensually deep voice that had captivated my heart somehow, “I will give Alessandra everything a woman could dream of and much more.” I smiled up at Thomas and then looked back at my parents. “Go, cara,” he whispered, letting go of my hands. I rushed into the arms of my parents. “You must go now, darling,” my father said, stroking my hair, “your fiancé awaits you.” I looked up at my mother, who was smiling despite the fact that she had tears streaming down her face. “Don’t worry, cara,” she murmured, “we will see you again soon. We love you so much darling.” I smiled at them and then looked over to my grandparents. “Abuelo, Abuela,” I said softly, tears threatening to spill over from my eyes. I never got to finish my sentence as I was pulled into a big hug. “This is an honor, Alessandra,” my grandfather murmured, “however, even if you are the Goddess of Fire, you’ll always be our little girl.” My grandmother took the bouquet of roses from my mother and handed them to me. “We will always be here, cara,” she said softly with a smile, “whenever and if ever you need us.” A sob escaped my lips as I threw my arms around them. After I managed to compose myself, I wiped away my tears and walked back to Thomas. He took my hands in his and then looked at my father. “I plan on having the wedding here in two days,” he said kindly, “we’ll return then.” My father nodded and I smiled as Thomas led me down into the city square. “Ready, cara?” I nodded as he swept me up into his arms. I gasped as flaming gold wings shot out from his back and we rocketed off into the sky. I was the fiance of the Fire God. I was going to become immortal.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's a few more parts left. I'm no good with one-shots XD.