Status: I hope everyone enjoys this!

The Fire God's Bride

The Fire God's Bride

Thomas POV:
As I gently soared through the sky, I looked down at my bride and smiled. Alessandra had fallen asleep in my arms, one delicate hand clutching my shirt. I had been surprised at how well she was taking this; she hadn’t seemed frightened at all. Maybe it was because this all hadn’t sunken in quite yet; she didn’t yet understand that she would hardly ever see her family when she became my wife. A soft sigh interrupted my troubled thoughts. I glanced down and there was Alessandra smiling up at me. “I never thought it possible to fly except in my dreams,” she murmured, her soft brown eyes sparkling with excitement and admiration, “you truly are remarkable, my lord.” I had never really realized how limited mortals were; flying had come naturally to myself and the other gods so it wasn’t as much of an awe-inspiring feat in our eyes. However to Alessandra, it was a remarkable occurrence that had only been possible in her wildest dreams. “When you become my wife Alessandra, you too will sprout wings and be able to fly,” I said softly, gazing at her beautiful face, “every goddess has that privilege.” She brushed a stray hair from her face and giggled. “That would be an interesting event,” was her soft reply, “I look forward to the day when we shall soar through the skies together.” Alessandra had no idea how happy she had made me.

Wilhelm’s POV:
I paced around the drawing room nervously, surely wearing a hole in the antique carpet beneath my feet. I wanted to know what had happened and if my brother had been successful. The suspense was killing me! “Wilhelm,” came the sweet voice of my wife, “will you cease that pacing; you’re going to walk yourself straight through the carpet and the floor.” I turned around and glanced at Annika who was patiently sewing me a new shirt. “How can I be calm liebe,” I asked with a sigh, “when I have received no news from my brother in Madrid?”

I halted my pacing and strode over to the window. A blanket of fresh snow had carpeted everything in a layer of virgin white thanks to my chilling sense of fear and apprehension. I heard Annika sigh and get up. “You must be patient, liebe,” she said, looping her arm around my waist as she reached me, “it is a long flight from Cabrils to Madrid, you said so yourself.” I gazed down into the beautiful pools of blue that were my goddess’ eyes. “I agree,” I finally consented, “it is a long flight especially when carrying someone.” Annika smiled and led me back over to the couch, where I plopped down. “You would know all about that,” her melodious voice stated, echoing throughout the room, “wouldn’t you, my love?” I smiled and looked at her, remembering the first time I had carried her. “Of course,” I replied, kissing her gently, “it was the best day of my life.” She blushed and then picked up the half-finished shirt and sighed. “As it was mine,” she replied cheerfully, “I hope you’re in a brighter mood darling.” I ran my fingers through her silky brownish auburn locks. “How could I not be when I have the love of my life by my side?” She grinned as she began stitching once more. “Well that is wonderful dear,” she replied concentrating on the stitches, “because I am more than willing to bet that your chilly attitude has meant the death of my jonquils.” I laughed and watched as the snow outside melted away to reveal my wife’s now wilted flowers.

Alessandra’s POV:
I awoke to the sun creeping up, warming my cheek. I must have dosed off during the flight. Where was I? This room seemed far too grand to be located in any building located anywhere near my small town. That’s when it hit me; Madrid. I was in Madrid at the Fire God’s palace. I quickly threw the soft blankets off and rushed over to the windows, throwing them open wide. I felt my breath catch in my throat as I gazed upon the capital city in all its glory. It was absolutely beautiful with its stone buildings and terracotta roofs glowing warmly in the rising Spanish sun.

“It’s beautiful, isn’t it?” The warm voice startled me and I spun around to meet my soon to be husband’s tender gaze. “It is magnificent,” I whispered, looking back outside as people began to emerge from their homes, “it’s even more beautiful than in the stories.” I sat down on the window seat and continued letting myself take in the smells, sounds, and sights of the city. “I’m pleased that you like it,” Thomas replied warmly, walking over to me and wrapping his arms about my shoulders. Normally, I would have jumped up and slapped any man who dared to touch me, but I felt like I belonged here in his arms. It just seemed too perfect to waste.

“My brother should be arriving today, cara,” he said, his velvety voice causing me to tremble with pleasure, “his wife, Annika, will help you prepare for our wedding tomorrow.” I nodded in agreement, letting my head fall back to rest on his chest. “Thomas,” I murmured, looking up at him, “why did you choose me?” He placed a soft kiss on my forehead and looked down at me smiling. “Alessandra,” he said, “I chose you because the minute I saw you, I knew you were the one I’ve been searching for all this time.” I smiled back up at him; satisfied with his answer. “I am pleased to have been chosen,” I said softly, running my hand down his arm, “and I look forward to tomorrow when I will become your wife, Thomas.” I wouldn’t have had it any other way.

Annika’s POV:
“Darling,” I said gently as I readied the carriage that was going ahead of us, “what on Earth are you doing?” I had been watching Wilhelm struggle for almost an hour trying to bring back the last of my jonquils to life. He hadn’t been successful and he was clearly getting angry by the way the waves were slamming up against the gates of the palace. “I just don’t understand,” he said in a frustrated tone, “I have tried absolutely everything to bring this flower back to life and nothing is working!” I smiled and walked over to where he was standing. I glanced from my husband down to the pathetic looking wisp that had once been a magnificent flower.

“Maybe it just needs a feminine touch,” I said with a smile, bending over to touch the soil around the poor flower. “Annika, mein liebe, you’ll ruin your dress,” Wilhelm protested. “Nonsense,” I insisted, “the dress will be fine; it’s just water.” I placed the tips of my fingers around the plant’s stem and recited a few words Wilhelm had taught me. I deduced that, from the sound of his gasp, the flower was alive and well again. I straightened myself up proudly as I gazed upon the beautiful flower before me. “You never cease to amaze me,” came Wilhelm’s murmur as he wrapped his arms around my waist. “Well,” I replied with a grin, “I did have an excellent teacher.” He blushed and pulled me to him gently, pressing our lips together.

The kiss started out gentle and innocent but then became much more intense as we fought our desire for one another. I pulled away, gasping, after a minute or so. “I’m sorry, liebe,” I said honestly, “but we really must be leaving for Madrid.” Wilhelm sighed and gave me a feeble smile. “It’s all right darling,” he murmured, running his hand down my cheek, “we’ll have plenty of time for that in Madrid.” I smiled and took his hands as the carriage pulled away and started its journey ahead of us. I let my aquamarine wings unfurl and stretched them slightly, watching as Wilhelm did the same. “Are you ready love?” He smiled and kept a firm grip on my right hand. “Always,” he said as we shot up into the sky.

Thomas POV:
I paced around on the porch, waiting anxiously for Wilhelm and Annika to arrive. Their carriage had arrived almost an hour ago and it shouldn’t have taken them this long to get here. I couldn’t wait for Annika and Alessandra to meet at last. I was sure they would become friends quickly which would help eliminate any loneliness on Alessandra’s behalf. Lost in thought, I was completely oblivious to the two figures that had just landed in my courtyard. “Thomas,” came a soft call, drawing me out of my ponderings. I looked up and smiled as I saw Annika walking towards me. “Annika,” I said happily, embracing her, “how have you been? Why are you late?” I looked behind her at Wilhelm, who was folding his wings down. “I’m perfectly fine,” she replied with a small laugh, “and we’re late because we flew into some old friends.” I raised an eyebrow. “We ran into Gustav and Kaitlin,” she explained with a smile, “and Wilhelm couldn’t help but stop and chat.” Now that sounded like my brother. “It’s about time,” I said rather loudly as I embraced my twin, “you never were good with punctuality.” Wilhelm sighed and smiled. “Well, you know how I love to talk,” he replied, fixing his short blonde hair, “Gustav and Kaitlin were on their way to visit Georg and Anastasia and you know how long the flight from Dublin to Moscow can be.” I nodded in agreement.

“So,” came Annika’s bell like voice, “where is this Alessandra?” She looked a little bored and I didn’t blame her. Wilhelm and I weren’t exactly good with ladies talk. “She’s upstairs waiting for you,” I replied warmly, “she’s in the first guestroom.” Annika nodded and walked away into the palace. “So,” Wilhelm said softly, leaning against a wall, “is this Alessandra really who you were searching for?” I looked up at her window and smiled. “Yes,” I replied proudly, “and so much more.” Wilhelm smiled and clapped me on the back. “Good,” he replied humorously, “it’s about time!” I laughed and remembered what I was going to talk to him about. “So,” I said as we walked into the foyer, “have you and Annika been trying for any babies?” A blush surged across my brother’s face and I knew I had my answer. “We started trying about half a week ago,” he admitted shyly, “and if there’s anything, I wouldn’t know; she hasn’t said anything yet.”

The children of gods were usually conceived the night of a God and his Goddess’ wedding day. A human female turned Goddess was at her most vulnerable on the night of her marriage and transformation. However, since Annika had fallen into a deep depression, Wilhelm hadn’t been able to consummate their marriage. “I’m sure she is,” I replied with certainty, “she looked a little different than the last time I saw her, she has a certain glow to her that only pregnant women have.” Wilhelm’s face brightened quickly and he seemed to become much happier. “So are you going to be trying for children tomorrow?” I grinned. “Is that even a question?”

Alessandra’s POV:
A soft knock interrupted my admiring of Madrid. “Come in,” I called, watching the door to see who it was. The door opened and in walked a very beautiful young woman. “Hallo,” she said in a beautiful voice, “you must be Alessandra.” I smiled. “I am,” I replied politely, “and who are you?” She walked over to me; her gorgeous blue gown flowing behind her. “My name is Annika,” she replied, sitting down beside me, “I’m the Water Goddess and wife to Wilhelm, God of Water and twin brother of Thomas.” I should have known just by looking at her dress who she was. “It is so good to meet you,” she said with a small smile, “Wilhelm and I have travelled here from Berlin to see our new sister-in-law.” They had travelled quite a distance if they had come all the way from Berlin. I knew I was going to like having a sister-in-law like Annika.

It had only been 8 hours since her arrival, but Annika had quickly become my best friend. We had gossiped and told each other of our lives and families and even joked about our two Gods. Then Annika confided in me something special. “I almost walked halfway here,” she said, taking a sip of Darjeeling tea. “Why is that?” She grinned mischievously at me and put her tea cup down. “Can you keep a secret?” I nodded and moved closer to her. “Well,” she said, a grin stretching across her face, “flying isn’t usually a good idea when you’re expecting.” I let out a cry of joy. “How are you sure?” She smiled. “Our friend Kaitlin is the wife of the God of Earth, Gustav,” she explained, “and one of her powers happens to be fertility. She pulled me aside when we stopped to talk to them earlier today and asked me if I knew I was pregnant.” I was stunned; we actually got our own powers once we became Goddesses? “That is incredible,” I said, taking a sip of my tea, “does Wilhelm know?” She shook her head. “I was planning on telling him after the wedding,” she replied softly, “after all, tomorrow is your day.”

I finished the last of my tea and looked out the window. The sun had already set and the stars and moon were glistening brightly in the inky sky. I yawned slightly as I placed the tea cup down. “I think we better be getting to bed,” Annika stated with a yawn, “you’ve got a big day ahead of you tomorrow.” I walked Annika to the door and gave her a hug. “See you bright and early,” she said with a smile, “have a good night and pleasant dreams Alessandra.” I gave her another quick hug and wished her a goodnight and she was gone; walking down the hallway to her room. After getting ready for bed, I slid between the silky sheets. Tomorrow I was going to be a married woman and more importantly, a Goddess.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is going to be longer than two parts XD. Well, it's currently 4:49 AM here in Massachusetts so I'm off to bed! Hope you all like it so far! Thanks for reading!

Annika's Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/annikas_outfit/set?id=56320930