Status: Brand-spanking-new. On this website at least

Defect.

Shi- Liu

Venus’ POV

“Stay tuned for this excellent tomato dicer-”

I pressed down on the remote control and the channel instantly changed.

“Hey, bitch! I was watching that.” Brady complained from beside me on the couch.

“You don’t need a tomato dicer.” I said quietly, still flicking through the channels. He huffed loudly as if in agreement, but he kept on complaining, “You never know when I may be making spaghetti.”

Nick, who was sitting on the single armchair, took that chance to burst out laughing.

I controlled the tingles that threatened to shiver down my body. How is it that I have these feelings for him even though I haven’t seen him for years?

Maybe it’s the British accent

“You hardly like tomatoes Brady.” He said with a smirk.

Yeah, it’s the accent.

I held back a giggle and Brady shot me an annoyed look, “Shouldn’t you be running suicides?”

Nick’s laughter boomed and the small smirk I had fell right off my face.

Brady started cackling, “I thought so.”

“Speaking of which, Vee shouldn’t you be… training right now?” Nick asked raising a British eyebrow.

I shrugged and tossed the remote to Brady, “I don’t know. It’s Friday. I think I deserve a break.”

“Sounds fair to me.” He replied and leaned back into the armchair.

“But not for me.” Alpha Henny strode into the living room like he owned it—because he really did—and pointed at the back door, “Get your cute lazy ass off the couch and start warming up.”

“I am not lazy.” I countered.

“You lazy whore.” Brady commented and pushed me off the couch, “get to work.”

I wanted to continue arguing and call him out on all the times he’s been lazy but instead I bit my tongue and went upstairs to change into my training gear.

A few minutes later I walked outside wearing an oversized baby blue shirt and black running shorts. I sat down on the grass and while I stretched out my calves, I pulled my hair into a low ponytail.

Alpha Henny, or should I say Coach Henny, came out and looked down at me, “stretch for five minutes, then when I come back we’ll run to the pack house and back instead of running your regular twenty laps, alright?”

“Yes coach.” I sighed.

“Good girl Vee.” And with that he went back inside. Once he did, I let out a big groan.

Unlike every other wolf, I hate exercise.

I wouldn’t mind it if I actually wanted to do it, but right now I’m being forced to do it; it’s for my own safety.

And it also keeps my mind off of Zoltan.

Bastard. When I asked him for his last name so I could look him up on Facebook or the FBI’s wanted list, or something. He’s being elusive.

I stood up and began doing jumping jacks. I could feel my heart rate picking up and pounding in my ears. I remember my heart pounding when I read that simple sentence he sent me

I can cure you, Venus.

I stopped jumping and even though my body was hot, I shivered. I didn’t know what I had could be cured; I didn’t know it was considered a disease.

I shook it from my body and began stretching my arms. I need to focus on training now.

Coach Henny stepped out of the house and asked if I was ready. I lightly nodded.

He sat down and began to do a quick stretch, “Alright, we’re going to take the Hienderman trail so as to avoid human contact, and distractions.”

After he finished we began to run. A tall wooden fence fenced off the back yard, and there was a small gate that took us to the Hienderman trail (a little dirt path) that led us right into the forest.

After running for quite a distance, Coach Henny allowed me a short water break. We pulled over to the side of the trail and while he sat down on a log I kept my muscles limb.

“Mind if I ask a question?” I asked quietly.

“What you say?”

I repeated myself.

“Sorry, what?”

I repeated myself, again.

“Still can’t hear you.”

I groaned, “I’m going to asked you something.” I said loudly—at least it was loud compared to how I usually spoke.

Coach Henny chuckled, “Don’t get so frustrated. I’m only doing that so you can stand up for yourself and learn to find your voice.”

“I have a voice.” I stated.

Though, I don’t really.

“What was your question?” he asked, ignoring my previous statement.

“Will all this running.. make me fast—like Brady fast, when he attacked T-tristan?”

I still remember how quick he was in delivering a punch to his face. I couldn’t even keep up visually once they began fighting. He was so fast, faster than a flash of light.

“Of course,” he didn’t even hesitate to think about it, “though not Brady’s speed. I don’t think anyone will ever match his speed.”

“Why do you say that?”

He thought about it for a moment, “let’s put it this way: I’m a hammer, and Brady... He’s a bullet. While I’m strong, I’m also heavy which in turn takes away some of my speed. Brady, on the other hand, is light so that allows him to be very fast—faster than the femme wolves even. It makes up for the fact that he’s not so very well built.”

“So he’s faster. But your stronger.”

“Yes, of course; he’s the fastest wolf I’ve ever seen.”

I nodded, it all seemed to make sense. It’s like the three little pigs. Alpha Henny is the house made out of brick and Brady has the house made of sticks. The brick house takes longer to make, but it’s more efficient. While the stick house is faster to make, its also so much weaker.

It somehow balances out, especially since Alpha Henny… is Alpha.

And me? Well, I’m the little piggy living in the house made out of hay.

“Keep your hopes up, maybe one day you’ll be able to keep up when you run together—you’ll be behind him obviously.”

Obviously.” I parroted him quietly.

Coach Henny chuckled, “I mean it Venus, with a little—“ he stopped talking and his eyes went wide.

“What’s wrong?” I whispered looking all around us. Was a Pavone wolf out in the forest somewhere, waiting for the perfect moment to attack?

“We have to get back to the house.” He stood up and faced the way the way we had come through. “Robins in trouble.”

I shoved past him and sprinted back. Robin? My best friend was in trouble?

I couldn’t get my legs to move any faster than I wanted them to. I could feel my legs reaching their limit.

I imagined myself as Brady, running fast, in order to get there faster.

Robin, what did you do?

I could feel myself rapidly approaching civilization and soon the house came into view. I could hear Robins shout from here a few seconds later, Alpha Henny surpassed me, jumped over the tall fence and ran inside through the back door. I quickly followed his lead, but my foot got caught and I had to roll onto the grass. I stood up and ran inside as well.

“You don’t understand!” I heard her shout before I saw her, “she was being an asshole” Robin was sitting at the dining table with her chair pulled out.

Zak was standing a few steps away from her, “That DOES NOT MATTER!” Zak looked ready to blow a gasket, “you do not put yourself into any danger, whatsoever.”

Robin had an immediate rebuttal, “But—“

He held up a finger at her, “Even if, your opponent is at a disadvantage. You run away and proceed to call me.”

Robins jaw tightened, and she crossed her arms, “No.”

The entire house went silent. “ I am not some innocent doll you can tell what do!”

“Robin-“

“That’s right. I’m Robin fucking Rhodes. I’ve been taking care of myself for a long ass time now.”

“Robin. Go upstairs to your room. I’ll deal with you later.”

“Deal with me later? The fuck? You are not my sister, you can’t tell me what I can or cannot do. You’re just a friend.”

I closed my eyes, wrong thing to say to your mate. “Besides, I don’t live here. And you can’t possibly be angry at me.” Robin finished her rant.

Zak growled loudly, “you put yourself in danger!”

“Danny was there, backing me up.”

Oh God, Robin, never talk about another male in front of your mate, especially in that sort of way.

Zak was so close to shifting.

Then suddenly, he stopped shaking and he let out a deep breath. When he spoke his voice was eerily calm, he was so serious, “Robin, you mean more to me than what you will ever mean to that boy. You’re like a bloody treasure to me and I am terrified of losing you because of some stupid thing you did at school.”

Robin’s stance softened upon hearing his words

“I understand that you did what you thought was right and I am so proud of you for doing that, but… trying to smash in Kelseys face because she said a few nasty words is not the way to go.”

Robins body immediately tensed up again.

“A few nasty words?” she scoffed, looking offended at the same time, “It wasn’t what she said, it was she was doing!”

“The principle said the witness’ saw her do nothing.”

Robin gritted her teeth, “that’s because she ordered a guy to do it.”

“Do what?” Alpha Henny and Zak asked at the same time.

“Hurt Criss.”

A loud crash was heard. We all turned to see the remote control sticking out about three inches from the TV screen. There was a swirl of colors where it had been lodged.

Brady was standing across from it, vibrating, “I’m going for a run.” He growled out before she stormed out of the house.

“Brayden!” Alpha Henny shouted worriedly and went after him, “come back here!”

Robin stood there exasperated, “what the fuck is going on?”

“Venus take her up to your room. Follow them, Nicholas.” Zak commanded as he began pulling out his cell phone. It was a Beta’s command. I had to listen.

I grabbed Robin’s hand and began leading her upstairs, “c’mon tell me what happened.” It took a little tugging but she started to move right behind me.

“I’m so fucking confused.” Robin whispered quietly.

“Lets go ladies.” Nick said standing up and taking the lead.

**

Robin told me everything that happened. Criss is fine, he was taken to the nurse, no broken bones just a few cuts and bruises. He even told the nurse that he had fallen—nothing else.

Robin didn’t get into trouble, no.

Just as she was about to swing, Danny and his team (some who are pack ThunderBird pack members) pulled her away. The bell rang, the security guard started making his rounds and everybody had to disperse quickly.

Though, that still left some time for one of the pack members to get a hold of Zak and told him what happened. Not that many people know that Robin is Zak’s mate, but word caught on pretty quickly.

Zak was furious that she would put herself into such danger… but I think it’s because she stood up for a man; a man that wasn’t him.

So he sped to our school, and pulled her out. He chewed her out on the ride back to the house and some more once they arrived. Alpha Henny and I walked right into their argument

I was sitting crossed legged on my bed and Robin was pacing in front of me venting out all of her frustrations. Nick was standing by the window, just staring out into the horizon.

I could feel all the anger from Robin seeping into me. I listened, I understood.

Oh yes, I understood well.

Kelsey has decided to mess with two of my closest friends.

The thought of her harming (or simply just being involved with the idea) of harming helpless Criss was enough to having me bristling. But also provoking Robin again, especially when she knew that she couldn’t do anything about it. Well, she’s playing with fire.

And the only reason she isn’t getting burnt is because she’s the Alpha’s-soon-to-be toy.

“I want to go back on Monday.”

Robin stopped ranting and turned to look at me, so did Nick.

“What?”

“Are you sure?”

“This…bitch. Needs to learn a few lessons. Some I want to try teach.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So let me tell you what happened. This chapter was supposed to be up by midnight, last night. But I was sidetracked with my roomates and all, so we went out somewhere (of course I took my notebook with me so I could continue writing) and just as we were leaving. We found out that my boyfriends car was towed.

So we were stuck at Taco Bells parking lot at freaking 2 in the morning. (We weren't at Taco Bell, we just parked there). Thus we had to walk back to the dorms, in the really sketchy neighborhood. Our University is notorious for being surrounded by a bad neighborhood.

It was late when I returned.

I fell asleep and when I woke I went with my boyfriend, on the bus, all the way to the Towing Company's place.

He drove back, $375 poorer.

OHMYGOOOOD. SO, thats why its so late. Sorry. ;O

Happy Reading! - Hush Ruby