Status: Brand-spanking-new. On this website at least

Defect.

Shi-Jio

“Girl, look at you!” Robin gushed poking at my stomach.

I swatted at her hand, “stop that.”

I looked away from my laptops screen long enough to narrow my eyes at her before turning back. I was working on my thesis paper, and if she keeps distracting them I’m going to get nothing done.

“But this is the first time I noticed how skinny you are!” she whispered.

I rolled my eyes, its all the hours of training I’ve undergone. Like seriously, my body is practically prepped to run a marathon. So if while being taught how to defend myself, its inevitable that my bodies going to change.

But of course, Robin is just beginning to notice all the changes on my body.

“If you value your finger, you’d stop.”

This only made her laugh, “grown a pair as well I see.”

The librarian walked by our desk to glare at Robin. As soon as her back was turned, Robin made a mocking face at her, “Quiet! Quiet!” she silently whispered in a shrill voice.

I couldn’t hold back the smile that found its way to my lips.

“Ah, see. Got ya’ to smile.” She said leaning back far enough in her chair to put her boot clad feet up onto the table.

I pushed her thigh causing her legs to fall off the desk, “Do your homework Robin.”
She groaned but started working anyways.

It’s been nearly a week now since my suspension was issued. I haven’t been to school once, and Robin has been bringing all my work to my house, which in turn causes her to do all her work.

According to Robin, my reputation was been through the roof the first few days, but someone calmed down the wildfire of rumors told everyone that I just transferred schools.

Yeah, because that makes sense for me to transfer schools a few months before graduation.

I swear, sometimes the stupidity of the people who attend my school amazes me.

As of right now, Robin and I are in the library working on our homework. She’s still giving Zak the cold shoulder for talking to her like that and while he’s not showing it to her, its really getting to him. The second she leaves he begins to mop around the house.

On those rare moments when she begins to laugh in front of him, he smiles widely making it appear as if he’s overflowing with joy.

So we decided to come work at the library. Its nice break from Alpha Henny’s demanding orders. I get it that as Alpha he’s constantly under a lot of pressure, he still doesn’t have to take it by being super strict on me and Brady.

He wont let Brady visit Criss!

Robin sighed before turning to look at me, “Criss was supposed to be here by now.”

I glanced at the clock on my laptop, “Don’t worry its only been a few minutes.”

She shrugged and went back to work, “I have archery practice in an hour, if he doesn’t show up I have to leave.”

I had to be back at the house by two, because at two thirty the pack meeting would start. Its important for me to show because Alpha Henny wants me to show my support, after I’ve missed all the other meetings due to one reason or another medical excuse.

A few minutes later an out of breath Criss appeared at our table. Robin made a confused face at him, “Whats wrong with you?”

“Tristan.” He whispered.

I stopped typing as I felt my heart skip a beat. I looked away from my screen into Criss shocked eyes, “What did he do?”

“Saved me.”

Robin began choking on her water. I patted her back to help calm her down. Once she had calmed down she turned to look at Criss, “Alright Crissy-boy, give us all the deets.”

The librarian walked by with an angry scowl on her face. “Miss, if I have to remind you one more time to quiet down, I will not hesitant to have you escorted from the premises.”

“Yes Mrs. Westbury.” Robin said with an innocently sweet smile.

Mrs. Westbury only shook her head angrily and went back to her librarian ways.

“Bitch.” Robin muttered under her breath, “I was freaking choking.”

Criss grimaced but took a notebook out of his backpack. He opened to the first empty page he found and in his small elegant writing began note down what had just happened to him.

Once he was done, he slid the notebook over to us and robin and I huddled together to read it.

I had to squint my eyes a bit to read. The words were kind of blurry. I think its time for me to get new glasses.

I was riding my bike here, right? And I stopped at a liquor to buy myself a drink. Tristans friends were there too. They started to harass me by taking my drink away every time I got one. They called me names. Tristan came in and told them to knock it off. He pushed them away and bought my drink for me. He told to not tell anyone.

My mouth fell open, as did Robins. “He did that?” I asked.

Criss nodded.

“Well this is conflicting.” I muttered sliding his notebook back to him.

Why would Tristan suddenly be nice to him?

“Well shit kid, this is some weird news.” Robin whispered. I nodded in agreement.

“Why did you want to meet up though?”

“Oh!” Criss reached back into his backpack and pulled out 3 envelopes before sliding them across the table, “these are for you guys.” He said quietly.

One had my name, another Robins, and the last was Bradys. We opened them up to see that they were party invitations to his party. It didn’t say his age on it though so I’m assuming its his 18th birthday.

What the hell Criss is older than me?

“I really want you guys to come.” He said with a small smile.

Aww, his cute little smiles really melt my heart!

“No shit, we aren’t missing out on your party!” Robin shouted loudly patting his back.

Criss could only smile happily.

Suddenly the Mrs. Westbury appeared at Robins side and latched onto her ear. “Your sister said I could do this if I found you being troublesome. Now Ms. Rhodes grab your things I shall escort you out.”

Robin was hissing in pain but gathered her things nonetheless. “Bye guys.” She hissed as Mrs. Westbury was pulling her away from her ear.

I withheld my laughter and so did Criss. “I think this is our cue for us to leave.” I said packing up my things. Criss nodded and we began to walk out.

That’s when we ran into Jason, my partner from Econ class. Or wait... are we still partners?

“Venus?” he said surprised.

“Jason,” I smiled at him, “hey.”

“H-hey, so I hear you transferred schools? How does that work out?”

I gave a light laugh, “yeah um, I didn’t… I was actually suspended.” I shrugged my shoulders in a ‘it happens’ sort of way.

His eyebrows shot up, “what—how did that happen?”

I rubbed the back of my neck, “I uh, hacked into the schools computer. Yeah. During class and got caught.”

“Wow.” He looked around the library, “so we’re still partners then?” he asked with a smile.

“With Tristan? Yeah unfortunately. Er- I mean not unfortunately for being with you, but being with Tristan, since he’s ya know—an ass.” I spoke quickly. I felt like slapping myself. Like, really? Why am I getting nervous around Jason?!

He only laughed at my nervousness. “So are you guys headed home right now?”

Criss silently nodded while I responded “Uh, yeah. Robin kind of got kicked out and I was working with her.”

He laughed, “typical Rhodes. Oh! Do you guys need a ride home then?”

“Err—” I turned to look at Criss. He held up the key to his bikes lock. “Biked.” He said with a mischievous grin. He waved goodbye before walking out of the library. My mouth we left open, did he just leave me with a boy?

“Well seeing as how your other study buddy just left you—do you wanna be mine?”

I turned back to him. Then around at the library, “Errr—”

“I could give you a lift back?”

“Ahh… yeah sure” I said giving him a small smile and followed him as he lead me back to a table.

Four hours.

No wait-

We lasted seven hours.

And thirty –seven minutes on that library table.

We took an hour break to eat dinner.

Its safe to say that all my homework for the rest of the week is finished. And of course, it was already dark outside, around 8 pm. I’m not so sure, the clock hanging on the wall looks blurry from where we were sitting at.

“I promised you a ride back to your house.” He said as we walked to his car together. He unlocked his car and we got in.

From the time on his dash I saw that it was well past 8 o’clock.

I was in for a yelling the moment I got home. Oh God, imagine all the suicides he’ll make me run! Well, maybe if I’m lucky enough Alpha Henny would have been too busy to notice that I was missing for a majority of the Saturday.

If not, I could sneak in.

Since he had been to my house before, it didn’t take us long for Jason to drop me off. Only the living room lights were on. I said thank you and waved him goodbye before hopping out of his car and bolting it towards the wall where my bedroom window was.

I gave a silent thank you to God when I noticed that the window was open. There was no way that I was going to be able to climb up the wall with my backpack, but the window was low enough for me to throw my backpack up and into my room.

Of course, my luck is shit.

My backpack decided to prove physics wrong and come crashing back down upon on my head. It knocked me over and though I swore I almost got a concussion I got back up. I took the dizzy steps to the side of the house where the bathroom window was.

Rubbing my head, I hopped up to see if I would fit in through there. I would not.

Shaking my head, I went to the fence that divided the backyard and the front yard. I threw my backpack over, backed up, and took a head start to jump swiftly jump over. When I landed safely on the other side, I almost did a small victory dance but remembered the task at hand.

I walked around and headed for the back door. I made it in undetected. After stashing my backpack under the dining table, I walked over to the living room and was met with staring faces.

Nick, Zak and Brady were all hunched over the coffee table. They were playing some sort of board game. Seeing as how the television was still broken, this made sense.

“What?” I asked.

“He’s pissed.” Brady said casually looking through his cards.

Zak looked confused, “what?”

Nick sighed and turned to him “Pissed as in very angry, not as in drinking pissed.”

“Oh.” Zak said nodding his head appreciatively.

Nick muttered under his breath.

“What?” I asked again.

“He said that you reek of human”

“ Yeah, I was with Criss and Robin.” That gained both of Zaks and Bradys attention, “Time slipped away from me, I thought you wouldn’t notice.”

“You missed the pack meeting today so, no shit he would notice you hadn’t returned.” Nick said snidely before rolling the dice. I made a face at Nick, what crawled up his as-

“Venus.”

Ah, it was the voice I was dreading the most. He sounded angry.

“Where were—why do you smell like human boy?”

“I was with Criss!” I said turning to face Alpha Henny. Why did he use the word ‘boy’ like an insult?

“Oh hell no! Don’t use that, Criss actually smells great compared to this cologne shit.” Brady said waving his hand around as if to clear the air of the stench. “Criss’ scent is faint on you anyways.”

My mouth fell open, he’s supposed to be on my side!

“I was at the library and time slipped away from me. It was dark out so I had a friend drive me home.”

“Why didn’t you call?” Nick asked from behind me.

“I don’t—”

“—have a cellphone. Am I right?”

I nodded slowly

“But I bet your boy friend did, am I right? So why didn’t you ask him? C’mon Venus, that excuse of yours has been over done.” Alpha Henny said with contained anger.

“What’s so wrong about being with a guy?” I asked getting angry

“He’s HUMAN and you disappeared for hours.” Alpha Henny said insinuating at something.

He’s making it sound like we did something dirty, like I don’t know how to respect myself in more ways that just one. And that made me angry.

“So what?”

So what?” Alpha Henny said through gritted teeth. “I am your Alpha! You are to respect and obey me. So when I say be back before 2 for the pack meeting, I mean be back before two, not come home after eight with a boy we don’t know.”

I was at a loss for words, he knows who Jason is, he’s met him before. Alpha Henny was scolding me. Couldn’t I just run suicides instead? I could feel the guilt begin to try to seep in through the faucet but I was keeping it tightly shut.

I was not going to allow my emotions to control me ever again. I was not some emotionally unstable girl that everyone had to tiptoe around in fear that they may trigger her.

I am strong and I am going to show it.

“I let you off easy with the school incident because they partly deserved it but… seriously Venus give me a break here. I’m trying to get the rest of the pack to accept you again but I can’t do that if you deliberately miss out on the meetings. That shows you don’t want to be a part of the pack!”

I could only nod.

“I can’t even—Get your backpack and go to your room.”

I silently went to grab my backpack and quietly made my way up to my room, slamming the door closed once I was inside.

Just because I had to listen to his orders doesn’t mean I was going to be happy about it.

I glanced at the clock and noted the time. This was usually the hour that I took a shower if I missed my morning shower due to training. Meh. Deciding to skip out on my shower, I sat cross-legged on my bed with my laptop.

Maybe some funny YouTube videos will help me calm down.

But when I logged onto my email, there wasn’t a link to the newest video of one of my favorite YouTube bloggers but instead there was an email from a certain person, Zoltan.

I nervously clicked on his email.

Knowing from where I am is not of importance, but knowing what I can bring to help you certainly is.

-Z


Urgh, this man. Seriously, all he does is dance around all the questions I ask. I was about to write back a response when I saw a green light go on, on my dash. Someone was online. I clicked on the minimized bar to check if it was Criss but the name that sat glowing there was not what I was expecting.

I shouted from surprise.

Zoltan Caronia

Seconds later I heard thundering footsteps come up the stairs. Then someone try opening my door only to find that it was locked. “Venus! What’s wrong?” Alpha Henny shouted then the rustling of the doorknob again. I glared at the door.

“Nothing! Just a spider!”

“What?” door shaking from his pounds, “open this door!”

“No can do,” I replied picking up my laptop and running to my closet, “I’m changing!” Just in case he peeked under the little slit at the bottom of the door, he wouldn’t see me sitting down on my bed.

The door stopped threatening to fall down and after a moment of silence I heard a huff come from the other side of it, “Alright.” Another moment of short silence, then the sound of his footsteps as he retreated back down the steps.

Damn Alpha’s always being so nosy.

I huffed and connected my laptop to its nearby speakers and put the volume almost all the way up. This way he couldn’t hear anything else, just in case.

I opened up an IM with him. My fingers hovered over the keyboard, not knowing what to write or how to start this. I’ll just write down the first thing that comes to me.

Spill, I wrote. Then I placed it down on my bed and went to change into my pajamas.

It was only seconds when I heard a ping come from my laptop; I finished changing and hopped back onto my bed.

Well shit you found me

I fought back the laugh that threatened to erupt from within me.

It wasn’t hard.

So, how shall we do this?

Tell me

After a moments thought I wrote down again, Everything.

All right. Where shall I start?

Tell me who you are, how do you know me?

It took him a while to reply. I was getting impatient. I could see the whole ‘Zoltan is writing’ under my text but he wasn’t writing fast enough.

Stalker

‘Zolatan is writing’ immediately disappeared. Aw. I think I may have scared him away, I guess I have to be more careful with what I say around—

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

This time I couldn’t fight back the laughter.

Why are you so defensive about it?

Because that’s...it’s just absurd!

Well then? How do you know me?

In my classes, we were studying about… your kind. How simple your bodies are, but how complex your emotions get to be. Your story was brought up.

I gasped and held my hand over my mouth, I’m a story?

Yes, and very well known, as the girl with the defect.

I rolled my eyes, Of course. Go on

While no one really much cared for you thinking you were dead. I decided to look further into my studies.

Why bother?

Your condition was a puzzle to me, something I had to solve.

And were you able to? My heart was thumping in my ears. It sounded like they were going to pop my ear drums.

I am very close.

Don’t just stop there! Tell me more!

What I also learned in my class where herbs and how different herbs can affect people differently.

What kind of school do you go to?

Witchcraft and Wizardry.

HOGWARTS?!

ABSOLUTELY NOT! I attend an academy which is much higher in prestige than fictionary Hogwarts.

Oh, ok. So you’re witch.

Wizard.

Okay, continue oh great wizard

You know I do not have to help you whatsoever at all

I need to be solved.


That is correct. I may have the answer. Its this plant that has been passed down from generation to generation in certain family’s.


What’s it called?

Luna Crest, the polar opposite of Wolfs Bane.
♠ ♠ ♠
Luna Crest is of my creation. If you see anyone else using it please tell me.

I would greatly appreciate it (: