Whirlwind

You're giving me such sweet nothing

Suddenly I no longer wanted to be in London. I wanted to be home, I wanted to work, I wanted to have casual sex and forget about Tom.

It wasn’t as difficult as I had thought to get the airline to change my flight to an earlier departure date than I had originally planned. In fact, the day after Tom and I had our failed meeting I was on a plane ready to head home. I let out a sigh and tried to relax in my seat and not think about Tom.

When I was finally back home, I was happy to be back in my apartment, even if it was cluttered and small—it was my home. I had been gone for just about a week, but it felt like so much longer.

I laughed when I collapsed in my bed. What had gone so wrong that a guy could get so attached to me in less than seven days? He must be insane.

I must have fallen asleep at some point, and when I woke up I realized it was quite late, and that there would be no hope for me sleeping on a normal schedule tonight. My stomach grumbled loudly and I made my way to the kitchen to see if I had any food, but found only a stale box of crackers. Sighing, I pulled out my cell phone and called a local pizza place.

Once my pizza was ordered I scrolled through my contacts and out of habit called Colin. I guess if anything I could fill myself up with pizza and then follow that up with some great sex. Pizza and sex would have to make me feel better—I mean, they were two great things, both of which I always usually thoroughly enjoyed.

“Hey stranger,” Colin said over the phone when he picked up. “How’s London?”

“It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t great, so I came home early,” I said in response.

“Uh oh,” he said. “What happened?”

“I don’t really want to talk about it,” I said, fiddling with some papers on the counter in my kitchen. “Want to come over and eat some pizza?”

Just eat some pizza?”

“There will be sex, too,” I said, laughing.

“Well then count me in,” he said. “I’ll be over soon.”

---

One great thing about Colin was that he only lived about a block over, so it didn’t take him long to arrive at my apartment. When he arrived, he pulled me into a hug that included a butt grab.

“Hey!” I said, jumping when I felt his hand.

“What?” he asked, sheepishly. “I missed that ass.”

I rolled my eyes.

“So where’s the pizza?” he asked. I pointed to the kitchen and followed him in there, picking up my plate where there was already a half-eaten slice.

We ate in silence for a few minutes before Colin started talking again.

“Are you going to tell me why you came home a week early?”

I rolled my eyes again.

“I was just fooling around with this guy there, and he just wanted too much from me,” I answered, shrugging.

“I don’t know why you don’t just find a nice guy and settle down,” Colin said, grabbing another slice of pizza.

“I’d have to give up sex with you,” I replied, jokingly.

“And that would be a pity,” he answered, grinning at me.

When I was full, I put my plate in the sink and grabbed a glass of water and watched Colin finish up his pizza. When he was done, he put his plate in the sink with mine, before coming over to me and taking the glass of water from my hand, gulping down some of the water before setting it on the counter.

Colin leaned in quickly and kissed me, immediately drawing my body against his. From the kitchen, we quickly worked our way to my bedroom, clothes being discarded along the way before we finally fell naked into my bed.

---

Colin had no trouble falling asleep when we were done, but because I had taken such a long nap earlier, I lay awake, staring into the darkness. Sex with Colin, as usual, had been great, but what should have felt comfortable and familiar, now felt unfamiliar.

I found myself suddenly thinking of Tom, wondering what he would do if he knew I had just had sex with yet another guy who wasn’t him.

Angrily, I rubbed my eyes with my hands. I didn’t want to think about Tom. I didn’t want to feel anything remotely like regret or hurt in regards to any guy.

I rolled over in bed, and carefully felt for Colin’s face, leaning over him to press my lips to his, biting at his lip to wake him up. He responded slowly, lips moving lazily under mine before he slowly rolled us over so he was resting fully on top of my body. Through the dark I could see him smiling languidly at me.

“Ready for round two?” he questioned. I answered with an upward thrust of my hips against his, moving against his growing erection.

It was just the distraction I needed.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm thinking that Colin should just be represented by Colin.

I think I'm going to try and wrap up this story soon, just so you all know! I have another Tom Hiddleston story that I'm working on as well: Chasing Pavements.

Thanks for reading!

~Sally

[Chapter title credit: Sweet Nothing - Calvin Harris feat. Florence Welch]