Don't Give Up On Us.

I'm Anything you Want Me to Be.

My eyes went wide.
The sight of him at my front door shocked me.
"Um, hi?" I had no intention that he was going to show up here.
"Listen... John told me he talked to you. Do you have a minute?"
I swallowed the big lump in my throat and walked out to my front porch, as he followed.
"What are you doing here?" I asked. His face had a guilty expression, and his eyes were full of sorrow.
"That one night you came back... That- That wasn't supposed to happen. I ruined everything for you and John. I shouldn't have dared him to kiss that girl and I'm sorry. We drank a little too much and things went bad from there. I just want you to know that none of that was John's fault." Eric Halvorsen stuffed his two hands in his front pockets and started back to his car.
"Eric, wait." I stared blankly at the grass, all thoughts came back to mind.
Halvo turned on his heels and looked into my eyes.
"Yeah?"
"I have questions for you."
"Shoot 'em."
"Why..."
Eric gave me a confused look.
"Why wha-" I interrupted him.
"Why did you have to dare him to do that? You told him if he didn't, he had to kiss Kennedy's mom, what the fuck is wrong with you? You're the reason why me and John aren't together; If you were to know how awkward things are between me and him..."
I shook my head and looked off at the sun.
"I'm sorry, Kaitlyn! What do you want me to do about it, I was drunk for fucks sake." Eric threw his hands in the air. "If I could do anything to change the past, you know I'd do it in a heartbeat. And if it's all my fault, why aren't you back with John then!"
Tears started forming from my darkened eyes. Eric was right, why wasn't I still with John?
"Because."
I wiped the tears and humiliation away.
"Because what?"
"Because I know he was partially sober when he placed his lips on that girl's! He could've not done it! He could've waited for me to come so I can stop you from putting such a stupid dare on him!"
I turned away from Halvo but he just spun me around.
"What are you talking about?"
I took a deep breath.
"I walked out the door after I saw him kiss that- girl. He followed after and said 'Kaitlyn, I can explain!'."
"Okay? So?"
"Halvo, we've all known John since he first started drinking. We know when he's drunk. His words are slurred, and he calls everyone 'Tootsie' because he said he starts seeing everyone as large Tootsie Rolls."
Eric chuckled.
"So this is a joke to you now?" I had a harsh tone.
"No, it's not. You don't even know if he was actually sober or not, don't just fucking assume. Talk to him about that."
This was not like Halvo, he had never spit at me with such unpleasant words. He used to be one of my best friends, but until he left for A Rocket To The Moon, everything about him had changed.

Eric drove off and I walked back into my house. The kitchen clock read '3:05.' The boys should be over soon, I thought to myself.

I walked into the living room and turned on Spongebob.
After a few minutes of watching a cartoon sponge converse with a pink starfish, the door bell rang.
I got up and looked through the peephole.
"Hey! I'm glad you're here first. I have a looooooooot to tell you about!"
I hugged Pat, then we walked back into my living room.
"What happened!?"
We sat criss-crossed in front of each other on the couch.
"Well, some one showed up at my door a few minutes before you came..."
"Ummm... who?"
I scratched the back of my neck, not looking to Pat's eyes.
"Halvo."
Pat's eyes went wide as his mouth made an 'O' shape.
"What was he doing here!?"
"I don't know, first he came to apologize about that night and then he started yell-"
My sentence was interrupted when the I heard a knock on the door.
"Kaitlyn, get the door." Julia yelled from her room.
"Hold on. One second." I lifted my index finger at Pat.
Pat groaned as I went to get the door.
I opened the door to see Jared.

"Hey, Jare!"
"Sup, chicka!"
I leaned in for a hug from Jared.
As I reached over to hug him, I realized Jared didn't come alone. John had come with him. He was looking into my eyes, and he did his adorable crooked smile.
I pulled away from Jared and waved at John.
After awkwardly greeting the two at my doorstep, I invited them into the living room where Pat and I were holding a conversation.
"Umm.. Jared and uh, John are here."
Pat's eyes went wide as he gave me an 'Uh-Oh' face; I mouthed him,"I know."
"So um, everyone ready to go swimming?"
The three boys nodded a yes.
"Hey, when is Kennedy and Garrett coming?" Jared asked me.
"Soon. They went to Garrett's to get his swimsuit. I texted them before I got here and Garrett said he was gonna get gas and then they're gonna be here." Pat answered and nodded his head. He always did this when he knew he was right.
"You guys can head outside now. I'm gonna go get a towel."
"Alright, but I'm not getting in the pool 'till you come out. You know the ritual: I always throw you in the pool first!" Jared laughed.
I scoffed and ran up the stairs to my closet.
I quickly grabbed my purple beach towel and tanning oil.
As I turned around, I hit something.

I saw a tall, lanky body. My eyes made it's way up to see beautiful green eyes and the cutest smile I have ever seen.
"Sorry to sneak up here..."
"It- It's okay." I looked down at my feet.
"You look beautiful in that bikini."
I chuckled and looked away, covering up my red face.
John lifted up my chin and smiled.
"Is it okay if I borrow a towel?"
I smiled at him and handed him a towel.
"Thanks."
I headed down for the stairs to avoid the awkward atmosphere, but he stopped me.
"Wait." He looked into my eyes.
"Yeah?"
What could he have to possibly say next?
"So, do you... forgive me?"
I paused for a long moment.
"You were sober when you did it..."
John sighed.
"I did kiss her, I admit it. It's not like I wanted to though. I promise you it meant absolutely nothing, seriously ask anyone! Plus, I know you don't love me anymore, and I'm sure you never will again... But you are the one I have loved since second grade. Kaitlyn, it hurts knowing we may never get together again. but I want to be atleast friends. Please."
I huffed and nodded a yes; Hopefully I made the right desicion.
John flashed me a smile, then intertwined my fingers with his.
"John I don't think this is a good idea..."
"Nothing's gonna happ-"
Kennedy then entered the room.
"Hey Kait....lyn..."
I quickly pulled my hands away from John, fast enough for Kennedy not to know what happened.
"Umm, Jared told me to come up and get you, did I interrupt something?" Kennedy had a questioning look on his face, scratching his forearm.
"No no, not at all. John just needed a towel, let's go downstairs now." I quickly made my way out the door.
Kennedy caught up to my side as John was behind, still in my bathroom.
"Is everything alright?"
"Yeah yeah. Just fine!"
Kennedy nodded his head.
"What were you guys talking about?"
I looked into Kennedy's eyes, not knowing how to respond to that.
♠ ♠ ♠
I TOLD YOU GUYS I'D UPDATE BEFORE THE 17TH, BUT TODAY IS THE 17TH SO IM SUPER SORRY. BUT PLEASEEEEE COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTTS AND FEEDBACK THAT'D BE AMAZINGGGGG <33 IT REALLY MEANS A LOT!
are you team John or team Kennedy?:)