Sequel: Wings.
Status: i'm baaaaaack

Living with Monsters

How About Itally?

“GABRIEL YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE! GIVE ME BACK MY CHOCOLATE!!” I shouted at Gabriel. He just laughed and took a bite out of the chocolate bar. I glared and lunged at him. He fell of the side of the couch and I pinned him down.

“I’m going to eat it all!” he laughed and tried to take another bite. I glared and pressed my lips to his. He responded by wrapping his arm around my waist. I slowly grabbed my chocolate bar and slipped out of his grasp and sat on the couch nibbling my chocolate.

He grunted but still laughed. I smiled at him. Gabriel and I have been dating for a couple months now but we’ve gotten extremely close. Bella of course does not approve. Dad and Vlad do though; they were more than happy when they found out.

Now I know what you’re thinking. ‘Dahlia! How could you have forgotten about your vampire? Gabriel’s a priest. He’s older’. Yea I’ve already thought those thoughts. I’ve come to the conclusion that Emmett doesn’t care about me, and Gabriel does.

Gabriel sat next to me pulling me close to him. I yawned and laid my head on his shoulder. It was early in the morning and I couldn’t sleep. Gabriel was still in his sweat pants and t-shirt. I was still in my tank top and leggings. I felt Gabriel kiss the top of my head. I smiled at him.

“I think you should take today off. And lounge around with me today” Gabriel whispered in my ear. I giggled. Yea the last time I took the day off we had a lot of fun in bed… if you get what I mean. I rubbed circles in my hips.

“I can’t!” I laughed. I had gotten a job at the café in town. I would sing sometimes but I mostly managed the shop. “Jess will kill me!”

“But I’m so lonely” he said between kissing my collarbone. I laughed. He captured my lips with his only to be interrupted by my lovely father.

“Lia! Don’t you have to go to work?” Dad shouted. I jumped and looked at him. He held in a laugh.
“Nope! Taking the day off” I told him with a smirk. Gabriel did a fist pump and laughed. I stared at him. He froze and looked at me. I burst into laughter.

“Oh-Kay! Well your gramps wants to see if you wanted to go to Italy with him! You to Gabe” Dad told us. We had told Gabriel about wolves and vampires after he saw me talking to dad when he was a wolf. He took it well.

“Coolio!” I said in excitement. Gabriel grinned and nodded.

~~

“Hey kiddo!” Vlad said as I pulled out the pizza. It was the next day and Gabriel was at the church. I smiled at him and set the pizza on the stove to let it cool. I looked at him. He opened his arms for a hug. I hugged him tightly.

“What’s with the trip to Italy?” I asked. He shrugged. I gave him the look that told him not to bullshit.

“I wanted you to see where your grams and I grew up.” he said. I smiled and nodded. I heard howls and I flinched a little. The pack had sniffed a vampire in the area. They told me it’s nothing to be concerned about but to be honest I was terrified. The only vampire I trusted now was vlad.

“Well I can’t wait. When is the trip?” I asked. He walked to the calendar and pointed to the date we would leave. I looked closely. June 14. My birthday.

“Happy birthday, huh” he said. I could hear the smirk in his voice. I smacked him with a spatula. He laughed and ruffled my hair. “You’ll be 19! Your grandmother and I were 19 when we got married.”

I laughed nervously. I was out of high school. I told dad that I would decide if I wanted to go to college or not by my 19th birthday. That was just 3 months away. “I don’t want to leave and go to college but I want to have options in life, you know?” I confessed to vlad. He laughed.

“Isn’t there a college in port angelus? Go there! Its close enough to visit every weekend.” He said. I laughed. Leave it to vlad to have all the answers.

“Still nervous. I don’t know. I’m not going to figure it out all tonight.” I said. He laughed and hugged me. I turned to my pizza and cut it up and took a piece.

I was just beginning to eat my pizza when my door bell rang. I groaned, earning a laugh from vlad. I opened the door to find Xander grinning at me. I stared at him for the longest time. I shut the door and calmly sat back on the couch.

As soon as I sat down and face palmed. I stood up and opened the door. I pulled Xander into a hug that could break him in to. He laughed and hugged me back. “Long time no see” he said. His voice was a little deeper than I remembered.

“Damn straight. Now get in here and meet my peeps.”
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm baaaaaaaaaaack!!!!
okay i know its short but its the first chapter so deal with it!
comment and tell me how you like it!
ENJOY!!