Sequel: Wings.
Status: i'm baaaaaack

Living with Monsters

hello again

“You need to talk to him!”

“No I don’t”

“Yes you do”

“I really don’t”

“Why!” Alice cried in frustration. I was at work when Alice ambushed me begging me to see Emmett. She just couldn’t understand why I was reluctant to go.

“Because Alice! I’m pregnant with another man’s child!” I finally shouted at her. I was happy that it was late and no one was in to here our argument. Alice stared at me for a long time with a blank look on her face. “I’m sorry Alice”

It took me a few minutes to realize she was having a vision. I groaned in frustration and glared at her. Of course she would have a vision in the middle of our angry conversation! When her eyes refocused she grinned at me.

“I have to go” she said happily. I stared at her in pure confusion and watched her skip out the door. I watched as she contuied to skip down the sidewalk.

“What the hell?” I grumbled to myself. I let out a huff and grabbed a wash cloth. “Stupid bipolar vampire thinks she can waltz in here and argue then just leave with a happy little grin on her face like she won some medal!”

I wiped off the tables aggressively, taking my anger out on it. I didn’t hear the door bell thing ring when someone walked in but I did see the pale hand that reached and grabbed the cloth from my hand. I glared at the hand before realizing who it was attached to.

“Hey Leels” his voice sent my body rigid. I longed to here it again. I looked up into his eyes and stared at him. “Why do they make a pregnant chick wipe the tables?”

I laughed a little and shrugged. “Never thought about- ow” I gasped and leaned on the table. Emmett’s hands were on my waist in a millisecond keeping me from falling. “I’m fine, he just kicked.”

“He huh? I always thought you’d have a girl first” he said. I pretended not to notice the sadness in his voice. I grabbed the cloth from his hands and countuied my work. “Hey! At least let me help”

I looked at him for a long moment then sighed. I pointed to the counter were a lone wash cloth sat. “Get to work then” I told him. He grinned at me at complied. He washed the tables at an inhuman speed and finished them all before I even finished my table.

“There it’s finished!” he said cockily. I looked at him, studying him. He looked different, although I knew he couldn’t, he looked tired. I sat down in a chair and rubbed my belly.

“Come here” I said. He slowly walked over. I grabbed his cold hand and rested it on my belly. My son seemed to like him because he rolled over and got closer to his hand. Emmett laughed and kneeled down to rest his ear on my stomach. He rubbed my belly and smiled when my son moved.

“Your mommy is a really great person, baby. She loves you a lot you know, you should be nicer to her. I can’t wait to see you! I bet you’re beautiful… or handsome! I bet you will be very handsome! A definite ladies man!” As I watched Emmett talk to my baby I grew sad. My baby wouldn’t have a dad to say these things; he would have a dad to protect him.

I got up quickly and wobbled over to the counter and rested my head on it. I felt the hot tears run down my cheeks. I closed my eyes. I felt Emmett’s hand on my shoulder. “What’s wrong leels?” his voice was soft and it made my sorrow grow. I turned to him and looked him in the eyes. I was going to yell at him and make him leave but the sadness in his own eyes stopped me cold.

“I missed you” I whispered. I wiped my eyes and looked away suddenly ashamed of myself. “I have to go, dad is waiting for me” I grabbed my jacket from behind the counter and ran out the door. I sat in my car glad that he didn’t fallow me. I dialed my father’s phone and began to drive to the reservation.

“Dahlia!"So good to see you!” Billy said as he wheeled himself towards me. I smiled and leaned down to hug him. When I stood back up Billy set a warm hand on my stomach. My baby lurched uncomfortably. “Your baby is very picky” he laughed.

“Lia! Hey! Your dad’s over here. He won’t stop talking about bob” Jacob laughed. I was still a little ticked at him; he was still in love with Bella. Even though she left his ass he’s still in love with her. Don’t get me wrong I love Jacob like a brother but good god the she-devil is just playing him!

“I know Jake, he does that” I told him laughing. He smiled and pulled me into a hug.

“I missed you Lia” he whispered. I smiled and patted his back. He let go of me and walked away. I walked towards my father’s voice. I smiled when I saw him; he was telling stories of when I was a baby again. He was excited for the baby and I was glad he was so supportive.

“Hey Lia.” Paul said making me jump. I looked at him and smiled. “You reek!”

“Love you to, jerk!” I said. He laughed and hugged me. I looked back at my father and saw he was smiling at me. I smiled back and waved.

I decided I would tell him about Emmett’s visit another time. Right now I would enjoy my family.
♠ ♠ ♠
I AM SO SORRY I HAVN'T BEEN UPDATING!!!! i broke my wrist and its been in a cast so i couldn't type. gah guys i am so sorry! i'm gonna update again sometime this week, i will update my other stories as well. gosh i am sorry. tell me if you liked it?
also! can anyone tell me why my computer won't recognize my ipod?!?!?! i'm not good with computers and i just want to put music on it but my computer says usb not recognized. any ideas how to fix it? i'll love you for ever if you do!