Sequel: Wings.
Status: i'm baaaaaack

Living with Monsters

you're not going to make a pregnant girl move right?

I sat in the doctor’s swivel chair rolling around the room in it. I hummed an imaginary tune as I rubbed my belly. I tried to think of other things to keep myself from falling into another depression. I had to get better, to be me again, for my baby. I had to. I sighed realizing this was the same room that I was in after I fainted. The first time I met Carlisle.

“Stop moving, you’re making me nervous” dad said from the corner. He was just as nervous about hospitals as I was. I chuckled and swung around so I faced him. I lifted an eyebrow at him.

“I’ll swivel if I want to!” I shouted playfully. He made a face and I laughed. He laughed with me then quieted down and stared at me. Hope glistened in his eyes.

“What?” I laughed. He grinned at me. He stood up and swept me in a hug. I laughed and hugged him back a little confused.

“You’re back! You!” he said happily as he spun me around. I laughed awkwardly. I wasn’t back yet. I’m trying though.

“Dad. I know I haven’t been myself, and I would like to think given the circumstances it was acceptable. But my baby boy is going to need me. And I have to be there for him. He’s already lost a father; he can’t lose a mother as well. I’m not there yet, but I’m trying.” I told him as I took a step back.

“Oh sweetheart, there will be good and bad days. We’ll be with you the entire time! The whole pack. And we’ll kick anyone’s ass of they mess with you or my grandbaby.” He said smiling. I smiled back at him. The pain in my chest still made it hard to breath but it was getting better with my family there with me.

The doctor walked in and looked at me with a look of confusion as I sat down in his swivel chair. He stared at me silently asking me to move. “You’re not going to make a pregnant girl move are you?” I asked innocently. He sighed in irritation but leaned against the wall.

“What seems to be the problem?” he asked still irritated. I glared at him. I thought for a moment. I couldn’t tell him that I phased into a wolf and was concerned for my baby, now could I? I sighed.

“Well my friend, well she’s not really my friend, she pushed me. On accident! I think. Anyway I fell back and I felt this pain in my back. So now I’m all paranoid that it might have hurt my baby!” I babbled when I lie. Thankfully he doesn’t know that. He watched me closely and told me to lay on the bed. I did as told. He lifted my shirt and put his hands on my tummy.

He felt around making me feel queasy for a moment. He pulled my shirt down again and helped me sit up again. He smiled at me. “Your baby is fine.” He finally said. I smiled and in a moment of not thinking, I hugged him. He hugged me back awkwardly.

He left the room after telling us we could leave. I left my shoes off and walked down the halls of the hospital. We were turning down the halls when my delightful baby decided to kick me in the ribs. I gasped and grabbed hold of dad’s arm.

“You okay sweetheart?” he asked concerned. I clinched my teeth as he kept kicking me in the ribs. Demon child of mine.

“I’m alright, just being kicked mercicly by my child.” I grumbled. Dad chuckled and rubbed by belly.

“Your mommy used to kick her mother like that to.” He said to my baby. I rolled my eyes at him as he laughed.

“Yea well whatever. Come on! I want to go home!” I said urgently once I noticed a certain pale skinned family looking at us. The baby kicked me again and I winced. “Owie”

“Come on. Bob is probably tired from all the excitement.” He said. I rolled my eyes. Yea turning into a wolf was so fucking exciting! Can’t wait to do it again! Not.

“Did you seriously just call my child bob?” I asked him nervously as Carlisle started walking over with Edward. I fake glared at dad who was still oblivious. He laughed and nodded.

“Bet your buns I did! Bob needs a name before he’s born and you are content with naming him when he’s born. Your mom did that to. I called you bob to.” He said laughing. I frowned at him as Edward and Carlisle stood behind him. “What?” he asked.

“Really dad? Really?” I said looking behind him. Edward and Carlisle smiled at me. I noticed Carlisle looking a little confused. I had forgotten I found dad when they left. Edward winced and I remembered he could read minds. ‘Sorry about that Eddie, I forgot’

“What?! Your mom wouldn’t let us know if we were have a girl or boy, so I decided to call you bob. She was convinced she was having a boy. But was pleasantly surprised when you were a girl.” He explained, kind of babbling. Like father like daughter. He knew they were there. I could tell by the way he stood. That ass knew the whole time. I glared at him.

“Hello Dahlia” Carlisle finally said. I smiled at him muttering a hello. “Hello, Sam” he held out his hand to dad. Dad looked at me unsure I simply nodded to him. Dad shook his hand and tried to hide the cringe. Well at least he’s trying I guess.

The baby kicked and I winced again. The boys turned to me with concern in their eyes. I waved them off and dad chuckled. “He’s going to be a handful Lia” dad said happily. I scoffed at him. I looked at the Cullen’s.

“Soooo how’s life?” I said awkwardly. The two stared at me and I stared back. They were hiding something. “God damit!” I growled when I saw Bella walking into view.

“What?!” dad said. I grabbed his arm.

“Got to go now. It was nice seeing you guys! Tell everyone I said hi….. Yea everyone…. Anyway bye!” I said as I rushed dad and I out the doors. I faintly heard Bella’s annoying voice what I was doing here.

“Sorry dad. It was Bella.” I muttered to him. He nodded understanding. I sighed and looked back at the hospital. I saw Emmett standing in the entrance sadly watching me. I looked away not wanting the pain to come back. I had to be strong. For my baby, I had to be strong.
♠ ♠ ♠
oh my gosh sorry for the long wait! school and family and ugh. anyway i might update tomorrow as well it just depends on how things go i guess.
so i realised that this story is going to be longer then 'monsters in the rain'. so i hope you're okay with that. anywhore, let me know how you like it!
ENJOY