Sequel: Wings.
Status: i'm baaaaaack

Living with Monsters

well, thats a turn in events.

I brushed my long blonde hair as I listened to vlad hum in the corner. He was looking at the CDs Edward had bought the baby. He had told me that real key to a baby’s brilliance is the sound of cellos. I laughed and vlad looked at me.

“sorry, funny thought.” I muttered. vlad rolled his eyes and continued to look through the stack of CDs. I faintly heard the door open and closed and had a tingly feeling that it was Edward and Emmett. A moment later they walked through my bedroom door.

“it freaks me out when you do that Lia” vlad muttered and turned to the boys. I laughed and looked at them as well. Edward rose an eyebrow and looked between us. I stifled a giggle.

“uh, family meeting at our place, you to vlad.” Edward said urgently. I groaned. What could possibly be the issue. I glanced out the window to see it dark out. There was a chill in the air and I felt uneasy. I wasn’t going to like this family meeting.

“yeah, okay. Can I go like this though? I don’t want to get dressed all over again.” I said hesitantly. Edward’s straight face just bore into mine. He was in a bad mood, great. I glared at the floor and stood up. I swayed a little, Emmett arm shot out to steady me. I looked up to him and smiled softly.

“hurry, its kind of important!” Edward growled. I sighed and walked past him. my shoulder brushed past his tense one. I grabbed my green fuzzy blanket and wrapped around me. Edward hadn’t looked at me and I just glared at the back of his head. what was going on that made him so mad?!

“need a lift? I assume we’re running.” Vlad offered. He probably knew what was going on. I sighed and nodded. He walked over to me and gently picked me up. a jolt of pain went through me but I ignored it. I buried my face in his neck and soon felt the air rushing around us.

I was set down on a fluffy couch. I let out a long breath. I hated being carried around like that , it never failed to make me sick. I looked around and noticed everyone in the room. Carlisle was rubbing his hands together looking into nothing. Alice was talking quietly with Jasper they glanced around every once and a while looking nervous. Emmett was holding a pillow and walking towards me with a grim look on his face. Edward and Bella sat on the stairs, Bella was glaring hard at me.

“hey, how are you feeling?” Emmett whispered to me. I looked at him. it had been a couple weeks since the shopping experience and we grew incredibly close. It was almost like it used to be, although I doubted it would ever be like it used to be. I smiled weakly at him.

“I’m doing-“ I was cut off when the door swung open. The pack walked through the door, including my father. “what are they doing here?”

“everyone, we need to talk.” Carlisle said drawing everyone’s attention to him. I studied his features. He looked tired, well as tired as an immortal vampire could get. “ a army of new born vampires are making their way here. they will be here by morning.” I sucked in a sharp breath.
I froze, my eyes wide and locked on Carlisle. Vampires were coming here? why? Are we in danger? well they aren’t they could easily fight them, but Bella and I couldn’t. I realized I wasn’t breathing and my lungs screamed for air. I breathed in a long slow breath and tried to calm myself.

“why are they here?” my father said in his alpha voice. I shrunk into Emmett’s side, he wrapped an arm around me.

“they’re here for Bella and Dahlia.” Carlisle said, I saw him glance at me. I felt my self freeze again. what? I didn’t fail to hear Bella scuff. I glanced at her, she was already glaring at me. self pretentious bitch. Edward snapped his head to me and glared. I looked away. Harsh.

“what?” my father roared. At this point Carlisle and my father talked quickly talking about how they would protect us and ways to be successful in doing so. I would object about them fighting for us but it would be no use. They were stronger, faster, and more equipped. Plus I am a pregnant chick, I’m not fighting any newborn vampire.

Soon they were leaving, my father kissed my forehead and told me he would see me at home. The wolves were gone along with everyone but Bella, Emmett and I. I sat on the couch staring wide eyed at the floor. How could this have happened? Why now? I rubbed my belly suddenly afraid. I stood up abruptly.

“were are you going? This is all your fault!” Bella shouted. I glanced at her and chose to ignore her. Edward was out sucking animals dry, he would never believe me if I tried to tell him about this. I looked at Emmett who was holding out his jacket.

“Emmett, what do you see in her? she’s a whore. While they’re out protecting me you’ll die, you know. Everyone leaves you, wanna know why?” she hissed, she was now standing.

“Bella, that is enough.” Emmett hissed. I grabbed his hand tugging on it so we could leave.

“because you aren’t worth it. Your dad left you, Emmett left you, even Gabriel left you! Everyone says he’s a hero but he’s not. He wanted to escape you! And even your demon spawn will leave.” She hissed. I swung around and snapped my fist into her nose. The anger I had buried deep down from her torment snapped and I felt like I couldn’t control it.

“they didn’t leave me to escape me you stupid bitch. They were protecting me, they loved me! how dare you speak badly of him! you didn’t know him!” I punched her again. “ he was an amazing man, all of them! Don’t you ever breath a bad thing about them ever again!” I punched her one last time before someone wrapped an arm around me and pulled me out into the frigid air.

“calm down, its okay Leels. She was wrong.” Emmett pulled me into his chest and I cried. He rubbed my back.

“will you stay with me tonight? Please” I whispered. I felt him nod.

“DAHLIA!” I flinched at the fury in Edward’s voice. I looked up to see his angry eyes locked on me. “how dare you harm her. how could you? After everything? How could you still hate her so much?” he spat at me. I flinched at the pure harshness of his voice.

“Edward! She didn’t do anything! You weren’t there, you didn’t hear the awful things Bella said.” Emmett said, his voice shaking with anger. Edward scuffed.

“I didn’t need to be there! Oh poor dahlia, the world has turned against her.” Edward said in disgust. I gasped at him. I turned and closed my eys.

“I’m sorry Edward. I’m sorry that I punched your girlfriend.” I whispered. I walked down the steps and wobbled down the street.

“let me carry you home.” Emmett said. I nodded numbly and let him pick me up. he kissed my forehead and ran off towards my house.

~~

It was nearly 11:30pm when I got the call from dad telling us they were a few mintues from fighting. He told me he loved me and he would see me in the morning. I stared at the blank t.v and thought about my child. How could Bella say those things? She never held an actual conversation with him, she would never knew. And, and, AND! The Cullens left her to!

“dahlia, calm down. Come on, I made pasta.” Emmett told me from the kitchen. I chuckled and slowly got up.

“how can you make food if you can’t taste it?” I muttered. I earned a laugh from him as he shrugged. He sat the plate of food down in front of me. I was about to sit when a bolt of pain shot through my stomach. I screamed and grabbed my stomach. Emmett was at my side, his eyes wide and looking afraid.

“dahlia?” he asked. my breaths were labored. The pain was suddenly gone. I straightend up with a confused look on my face. I looked up at him. I sat down to eat my food. When I was finished I got up to rinse it then the pain came back. I dropped the plate and cried out in pain.

“it…. Emmett… it hurts” I cried. He looked down at me with fearful eyes. he helped me get up. I felt a liquid seep down my legs. I looked down. “fuck”

“did your….” His voice faded out as he looked at me with wide eyes. “Dahlia! We have to go to the hospital! Oh my god. Oh god. Just… just sit… sit there, okay? I’ll get everything.” He said rushing around the living room. I watched the blurs speeding around the house collecting things that I might need. He finally finished and helped me stand. We walked to the car and to my side. I leaned on the car and worked on my breathing as a contraction hit.

“the keys?!” I shouted at him. he froze for a minute than ran into the house a second later he was unlocking my door. I sat in and held my stomach as he got into the car. He sped down the streets of forks. I groaned when I saw blue lights flashing behind us. “really?!” I screamed. Emmett pulled over and looked at me frantically. I groaned as another contraction hit.

“hey Emmett, you know speeding is illegal.” Charlie’s voice sounded. I looked at him in bewilderment.

“I’m sorry Mr. Swan. Uh not to be rude, but I have to go, dahlia is having her baby! And we need to get to the hospital!” Emmett nearly shouted. Charlie looked into the window and looked at me. I tried to smile but pain racked through me. I groaned.

“oh! Here, let me escort you! Hang in there Lia!” Charlie shouted. He ran back to his car and sped past us with his lights flashing. Emmett fallowed closely behind. I grabbed his hand and gripped it hard.

We finally made it to the hospital. Emmett opened my door and scooped me up. he ran into the hospital. Charlie was still my our side, he grabbed my hand and smiled at me. the lady put a bracelet on me and immeadtly gave us a room.

I laid on the bed, both hands taken by each person. Emmett on the left and Charlie on the right. I looked at them and smiled. At this moment I wasn’t in any pain. The nurse told me she would get me a shot that would numb the pain, I can’t remember what it was called.

“when Bella was born, her mom demanded we have ice cream, five minutes before she had the baby.” Charlie told me. he was trying to calm me down so I smiled at him.

“Ice cream does sound good” I mused. Charlie laughed and patted my head.

“I’m going to call your father, tell him you’re here.” Charlie announced and walked out of the room. guilt washed over me. my father wasn’t going to witness the birth of my baby. I looked at Emmett.

“I’m glade you are here, I don’t want to be alone.” I told him in a soft voice. he smiled softly at me.

“I won’t leave your side.” He told me. I smiled but answered him with a near scream. He jolted forward and put a hand on my forehead. I gripped his hand tightly.

“this is it, the baby is coming.”
♠ ♠ ♠
DUN DUN DUN!
i want to say thank you to all my commenters, i love you guys!
i kinda had fun writing this update, it made me laugh even though its supposed to be serious.
ENJOY