They called him Jeff...

I dropped it as soon as I read it... (two)

No. It can't be him. I shut the shades and sunk down to the ground on my back. Skipper appeared at my side, licking my hand. I risked another peek out of the window and he was gone.
"Okay. I'm just tired. That's it. Right, Skipper?" I took a deep breath and and stood up, plopping down on my bed. I pulled the covers up to my neck and flicked on the television. The sound of pure static pierced my ears. I fumbled with the remote and shut it off. "Damn storm.." I mumbled, laying back and staring at the dark ceiling. I let my eyelids flutter close and I drifted off to sleep with Skipper by my side.
"Go to sleep.." I heard a whisper in my ear. My eyes shot open and I sat up bolt straight, looking around for any sign of an intruder. Complete silence. It was just a nightmare. I forced myself to lay back down, my heart pumping at a hundred beats a second.

"Am I beautiful?" A pale figure with dead, white eyes stared at me. I backed away slowly, noticing that I was in a dark room. It was definitely not my bedroom. His eyes, ringed in black, pierced through me and sent shivers down my spine. It felt as if he was staring through me. His mouth was cut open at the sides and started bleeding as it was ripped further from grinning widely. I was speechless - I sat there and blinked out of confusion. "Am I beautiful?" He asked once again, pulling out a large, sharp knife. It was stained red. I gulped and held my breath. He inched closer to me. "Am..I..beautiful?" He whispered in my ear. He raised the knife and made a clean cut against my throat.

"Oh my god!" I sat up and glanced around the room, sweating buckets. "Holy shit.." I tried slowing down my breathing and calming myself. Thankfully, the sun was barely peeking out from behind the clouds. I scrambled out of bed and flicked the light to my room on, just in case. Skipper woke up slowly and pawed at my feet. I sighed and stepped out into the hallway.
Upon looking in the mirror, I saw a large scratch on my neck. "No..no..no." I kept repeating, shaking my head and trying to rub it off. "Listen, Sonny. You're dreaming. Wake up." I smacked my face several times. "Okay, never mind I guess." Why am I talking to myself? I gave a long sigh. After brushing through my tedious mess of hair and dressing myself - I walked out into the kitchen and noticed a note on my counter. I came to a conclusion that Skipper scratched my neck accidentally while I was sleeping and the note was probably a reminder to myself that I forgot about. I picked it up absentmindedly and dropped it as soon as I read it.