Status: In progress

My Only One

We’re All Time Low and we want to sing you some songs.

~Alex~
Before we walked on stage, I had a lot of questions that went through my head at one time. Was I going to remember all the lyrics? Would they cheer for us? What if they didn’t even like us? What if I messed up? I didn’t have an answer for anyone.

Before I knew it, I was running out on the stage and talking in to the microphone. People were already cheering even though they have no idea who we were. “Hi everybody,” I said. “We’re All Time Low and we want to sing you some songs.” We started with The Party Scene and it had a really good reaction with the crowd. They all loved it. I was so happy that this was already going so well.

We had already finished our fourth song and everything was going perfect. The next song was the song that I wrote for my brother. We had it on the demo CD. It had all the instruments but
I wanted to play this song acoustic tonight though.

“So, we have three more songs for you guys. This song is a really special song to me. It means a lot. We were originally going to play it with all of the instruments but I think we’re going to do this one acoustic tonight. Is that alright with you guys?” They all clapped and cheered. I smiled.

"Alright then. This song is called Lullabies.” It was just going to be me and Zack on this one. We started to play the song:

Make it a sweet, sweet goodbye -
it could be for the last time and it's not right.
"Don't let yourself get in over your head," he said.
Alone and far from home we'll find you...

Dead - Like a candle you burned out;
spill the wax over the spaces left in place of angry words.
Scream - To be heard, like you needed any more attention;
throw the bottle, break the door, and disappear.

Sing me to sleep, I'll see you in my dreams,
waiting to say, "I miss you. I'm so sorry."

Forever's never seemed so long as when you're not around
it's like a piece of me is missing.
I could have learned so much from you but what's left now?
Don't you realize you shot this family a world of pain?
Can't you see there should have been a happy ending we let go?

Sing me to sleep, I'll see you in my dreams,
waiting to say, "I miss you. I'm so sorry."

Sing me to sleep.
Sing me to sleep.
Sing me to sleep.
Sing me to s...

Sing me to sleep (You've taken so much with you...)
I'll see you in my dreams, (But left the worst with me...),
Waiting to say, "I miss you. I'm so sorry."
I'm sorry, I'm sorry.

The crowd reaction was amazing. They all cheered. By the end of the song, I had to wipe a few tears from my eyes. The song brought up a lot of memories. I scanned the crowd for Megan and when I found her I blew a kiss at her. She mouthed ‘I love you’ and she gave me a thumbs up. This was going great. We performed the last two songs with everything we had. We put all of our effort into finishing the show really strong. When we walked off the stage, I felt so relieved that I did it. It still seemed so unreal to me.

Megan ran up to me and gave me a kiss. “You did so amazing! That was so perfect! I am so proud of you. That song that you sang for me was really good. I’m so glad you decided to sing it.” All I did was look at her and say, “I love you.” She kissed me again. “I love you too. You did so good.”

Me and the rest of the guys walked down to the merch booth getting congratulations and good jobs from everyone we passed. By the end of the show, we only had a handful of CD’s left. It was insane. I never thought we would have this good of a crowd reaction on the first day. I had a feeling the whole tour would go very well for us if we performed like this every time.

We made our way back to the parking lot with the busses at the end of the show and talked with the bands outside for a little bit. Megan was talking to Hayley while I sat talking with Rian and some guys from Mayday. Soon Megan and Hayley walked over and joined us. “Hey Alex,” Hayley said, “That was a really good show. I really enjoyed it. I’m thinking about getting one of your CD’s myself.” I pulled one out of the box that I was holding and handed it to her. “Thank you. And free of charge.” She smiled. “And you guys did really well too,” I added. She smiled at me.

“Thank you. I really like the last song you played. Is it the CD?”

I shook my head. “No, that one didn’t make it on there.”

Megan looked at me. “What songs are on there?” I picked up one of the CD’s. Well these are just demos but all the songs that will be recorded and put on our first EP. Lullabies, The Party Scene, Coffeeshop sound track, the girls a straight up hustler, Jasey Rae, running from Lions and Break out! Break out!” She smiled and nodded. “That’s a really good group of songs. I love all of them.” I smiled and gave her a kiss. “Thank you baby.”

We talked to the bands for about fifteen minutes but our managers all said that we had to go because the next venue was kind of far. We all separated and went into our busses. We celebrated in our bus for a couple hours in honor of our first show going so well. “To us doing amazing!” Jack said as we each took a shot. I usually don’t drink but sometimes you have to on special occasions like this one. When Tom died I drank a lot too and that’s kind of why I don’t do it now. It got a little under control and it was not a fun time and I would never like to relive that experience.

At around one o clock Megan walked over to me and whispered in my ear. “Are we going to finish what we started earlier?” I smiled and kissed her and we walked over to our bunk and had a little celebration of our own.
♠ ♠ ♠
Good job All Time Low! :P