Status: In progress

My Only One

I miss my mommy and daddy.

~Alex~
I freaked out when I saw Megan had been crying while I was on stage. I thought her sisters may have been found dead. I needed to make sure she was okay and that nothing was wrong. To find out her sisters were found and alive was great. You could tell Megan’s mood completely lifted after that. The next two shows were amazing. We played our second to last show today. It was heart breaking. I was going to miss this so much. It has been such an amazing tour. I would never experience a tour like this again. Everyone’s first tour must be like this. You only go on your first tour once.

In honor of this being our last night together, the bands all smushed inside the Paramore bus for the night and hung out. We stayed up late just talking, watching movies, drinking, playing video games. I was going to miss Cody from Set it off the most. He was such a chill guy and he made incredible music. I own three copies of the same CD just in case one gets ruined. I love the music. Megan and I sat on the couch the whole time and we let people come to us. It was nice to have her happy again. I wanted to stay with her like this forever.

“What do you guys want to watch?” Jack asked us.

“Sure Jack,” I said, knowing what the real question he was asking us was which was “Can we watch Home Alone?” He smiled and plopped the movie into the DVD player. A couple people groaned. It was mostly the All Time Low guys- Rian made his annoyance very clear- but a couple other people have seen the movie ten times this whole tour.

I wasn’t really paying attention to the movie. I was really going to miss tour. I was glad that tomorrow wasn’t technically our last day. We had a day off but this was our last night with the bands because I’m sure our parents would really enjoy seeing us for a night. After tour, we’re all probably going back to Rian’s so we wanted to spend a night with our parents. Megan would stay with me.

We both got really tired and wanted to go to sleep. Paramore were already sleeping in their bunks and five people were smushed on the bed that was in the back of their bus. Me, Jack and Meg were on the couch and everyone else was on the floor. “Fuck this,” Megan said, walking to the back. She came back and the bus stopped. She called someone and then told us to come on. We woke up the rest of All Time low and walked out to our bus, which was stopped. Once, the bus drive of Paramore saw us get in our bus, he left. Soon after, our bus took off.

“That was fun,” Megan said as we climbed into our bunk.

“Yeah, it was.”

“I’m really going to miss this.”

“Tell me about,” I said as I laughed.

“I’m excited to go home and see everyone though. I miss my sisters.”

“I miss my mommy and daddy.”

“I don’t want to bother you guys when we get there. I’ll go see my sisters and then I’ll go to Rian’s.”

“No, my parents would be upset if you didn’t come. At least come to dinner with me.”

“Alright, but only dinner.”

“How can I convince you to stay the night?”

“You can’t.”

I kissed her and then wrapped my arms around her and closed my eyes. “Goodnight baby,” I said to her. “Goodnight, Alex. I love you.” I smiled at those words that I love to hear so much. “I love you too.” With that, I went to sleep.

*The next morning*

I woke up the next morning alone. She always leaves me while I’m sleeping. I looked at my phone and saw that it was only 8:30. Where could she have gone this early? God only knows. I walked out into the kitchen. No one was awake. I saw a piece of paper taped to the fridge. I grabbed it and read what it said.

Sorry I left. Had to go to the police station to see who killed my mom. I’ll see you guys later. Alex, I’ll call you when I get out. Love you all.
-Megan

I was really curious at this point who did it. She didn’t really care about her mom. I know it upset her a little bit but barely. She mostly cared about her sisters. Her mom wasn’t really a mom to her anyway. She did not act like one at all.

I walked off the bus to see that we were in the parking lot of the next venue. I went back in, made myself a bowl of cereal and watched a movie. It was already 10:15 and no one was awake and Megan still hadn’t called me. I decided I might as well do something and not just sit here. I took a shower, did my hair and got dressed. It was 10:50 and everyone one was asleep and still no call. I grabbed my phone and left the bus. I think I was going to go home. My mom and dad didn’t know I was going to be here today so it would be a surprise.

I walked all the way to my house and opened the door, knowing that it would be unlocked. I looked into the living room to see my mom and dad sitting on the couch watching something on TV. They didn’t even notice me. On the commercial, I walked behind them and into the kitchen, saying “Hi, guys,” on my way in. I walked to the kitchen table and they came rushing in behind me.

“Alex!”

“Hi, mom. Dad.”

I gave them both hugs. We sat down and I told them how tour went and they told me what all went down with Megan’s sisters and mom. I was confused when she told me who the killer was. That made no sense to me. “What do you mean? That’s impossible.”

“No, it isn’t.”
♠ ♠ ♠
dun dun dun, leave a comment!